“Super Accomodation, Brisbane Lifestyle” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emporium Hotel

Save Saved
You added Emporium Hotel to your Saves list
Emporium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Ann St | Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Emporium's Winter Welcome
Ranked #4 of 165 hotels in Brisbane
Austin, Texas
“Super Accomodation, Brisbane Lifestyle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Beautiful, new modern hotel in a great lifestyle cove.

The room was beautifully decorated with a great bed and beautiful linens. Easy check in and out, and five star service. An unusual benefit was that the room had a mini kitchen and a washer/dryer which both were completely unexpected.

The hotel sits in a cove with at least a dozen or so restaurants, and is a quick 10 min from the airport and 10 min from downtown.

I will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

566 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Indonesian first
Gladstone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Emporium will not disappoint- it lives up to its high ratings. Yes, the prices are high, but it was worth the one night we were able to stay here. The hotel itself is stiking- trendy interior and very modern decor- it feels very upscale. The staff are incredibly friendly, polite, and attentive. The rooms are incredible (I would suggest one of the higher levels for a good view)! The bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept on- with several amazing different types of pillows to choose from (down, foam, low loft, etc.), the furniture is to die for, and the decorations are nice! One thing I always look for in a good hotel is the bathroom- and this one was excellent! It is quite large and had a a very big standing shower with glass walls all around. I wanted to move in! Also, a nice touch is that the products they supply in the room (shampoo, conditioner, etc. are of high quality and very nice).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have now stayed at this 5 star Hotel on 3 occasions. I won't go on and on, with intricate details, as I think most of the other reviews have stated all the positives of this Hotel.
However I would like to point out 1 thing. I have stayed at a 20 room Hotel near the Emporium a few times, it also is allegedly a 5 star Hotel. This other hotel is a disgrace and would barely be a 3 star Hotel.
The Emporium is a true 5 star experience and a very pleasant place to stay in Brisbane. This Hotel may in fact be Brisbane's only truly authentic 5 star Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lake Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Owing to a cancelled flight, very badly managed by the airline, we were booked into the Emporium for one night. Arrived at 23.00 hours after a 04.00 get up so we were pretty tired. reception was marvellous; very professional and attentive. Even apologised for our hard day. The room was the best equipped and maintained hotel room we have encountered in Australia. Up there with the very best of Asian hotels. Unfortunately we were only in the room for four hours before we had to lkeave for another flight. Upon leaving we were again greeted by reception staff who wished us a safe and happier journey.
We wish we had been able to stay longer.

Room Tip: Its expensive, but worth it
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful boutique hotel, homely rooms and very comfy beds. The down side is the valet parking is expensive and I think it's a little rich to have valet parking only yet not to inform us there was a charge. We discovered this when we checked out along with a 2% charge for ANY credit card. This at the end of a nice experience leaves a bad taste which is a pity as I would have rated everything else exceptional in particular the staff. I would rather the price upfront rather than hidden extras.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
EmporiumManagement, Executive Assistant Manager at Emporium Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Emporium. Your feedback assists in ensuring our team can continue to improve and meet the high expectations of our guests.

I sincerely apologise that you were not informed of the hotel's $35 overnight valet charge upon arrival to the hotel. It is standard procedure for the Concierge team to advise guests upon arrival so they can assist with alternative options should they be required.

Leanne M, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I would be grateful if you would like to contact myself directly in regards to your valet parking feedback.

For the benefit of Trip Advisor readers it is hotel policy for all payments via credit card to incur a 2% surcharge. This surcharge is stated on the hotels registration card in addition to further signage located at the reception desk. All departing guests are provided the opportunity to settle their account via alternative methods should it be more suitable. In regards to valet parking I can confirm Emporium Hotel remains the least expensive valet parking service of all 5 star Brisbane hotels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for our wedding night, it was a beautiful hotel and the service was excellent. All the staff were very professional and kind. The room service breakfast we had was delicious. The spa bath in the room was excellent! The package we got was very good value for money and I would highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
North Tamborine, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My fiance and I rarely have a chance to stay in Brisbane. This being the case I was looking for somewhere special. Being a Manager myself Customer Service is very important to me. I spoke to a couple of hotels by phone before making my decision. Photos online can be misleading which is why I rely heavily on the description given by the phone staff. Taking this into consideration, Emma from the Emporium stood out from the rest. Her description of the rooms, services and packages that they offer was excellent and showing a genuine care for my needs.
With only night at hand and living 1hr away Emma suggested the Exquisite Stay Experience which seem ideal because of the 1pm check out. Emma also promised to find the best room for me. As I provide a very high standard for my clients, I guess you could say that when I am the customer I tend to well... how can I say this nicely... Make the most of it!
The reason for my trip to Brisbane was to see a stage production call The Jersey Boys that started at 7:30, which by the way was great. But due to the fact I can never getaway from work on time, we of course running late... again! My fiance had planned for us to arrive at the hotel with enough time to have something to eat, drink and relax a little before the evening ahead. Not the case. At 6:30 I rang the Emporium because we were still at least 30mins away from arriving and spoke a Zach to ask how far is The Emporium from the lyric theatre because we were now quite concerned that we may not make it in time. I was very pleased to hear that Emma had passed on all of my requests to Zach because she would not be there to check me in. Zach was very helpful and understood the fact that we now had little to no time to check in, get ready and then find transfers to the theatre. With my fiance still very stressed I then rang again about 5mins later to ask Zach if he could have a key ready for my fiance when we arrive and if she could head straight up to the room while I signed us in. Zach was more than happy to help us with this. He had also already informed all the necessary staff to be ready for our arrival. ALSO!! Zach had contacted the lyric theatre advising the ticket office that we may be late and to have our tickets ready! I cannot stress how impressed I am with Zach and his professionalism and honest care for his guests! I did not suggest calling the theatre, this was Zach using his initiative. I know this may sound minor to some but to me its is the small things that matter the most! Thank you Zach for turning the night around for me! Because of the efficient, helpful staff we had a fantastic night.
The room matches the service, Perfect! Breakfast delivered to the door, Perfect!
I now no longer have to worry about were to stay in Brisbane because The Emporium is the place.

Room Tip: Ask for Zach or Emma
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Emporium Hotel? Share your experiences!