“Excellent accommodation and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Brisbane King George Square

You added Pullman Brisbane King George Square to your Saves list
Pullman Brisbane King George Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Ann and Roma Sts, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane)   |
Ranked #46 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne
“Excellent accommodation and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Very good four day stay right in the heart of town, close to shops, Central Station, short walk to Southbank and Fortitude Valley - nice deluxe king room with lovely facilities, loved the bath tub. View over railway station and parklands, very quiet atmosphere but always seemed busy. Not sure if business lounge was available for use. Pool was in the Mercure next door, bit of a hike but found the laundry in the process, which I needed.

I had a special rate which made it worth trying out, my first 5 star experience, robes and slippers, lovely bed, bathroom supplies a bit more upmarket, bathroom gorgeous. All good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear JacksonJackson,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. It was great reading your pleasant feedback and appreciate it greatly.

The pool is positioned on the rooftop of our Mercure tower but what a great view when you get there! We are thankfully in a very central location making it easy for our guests to very easily access so much of Brisbane.

Next time you stay you can access the lounge by booking an executive floor room or upgrading your existing booking on arrival to include the lounge. It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Grant Parnell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had a 2 night stay at this hotel and the Pullman chain / accor branded hotels are part of our corporate contract so I have had previous stays at other Pullman hotels both within Australia and internationally.

This hotel definitely does not match the standards of other Pullman branded hotels. No recognition of accorclub status upon check in and the staff on front desk upon check were engaging and efficient but lacked warmth.

The rooms were of reasonable size, however the beds and pillows were not as comfortable as other Pullman hotels (eg Melbourne/Albert Park). Bathroom amenities provided were of the expected Roger & Gallet brand however the actual bathroom itself was dated.

The hotel is centrally located and convenient for walks to Southank, the CBD and Central Station.

Upon check out I was asked if the Airtrain service to the airport was a viable alternative over a taxi and was advised that an opinion couldn't be provided as the staff member had not previously used the train service, surely the staff member could have asked someone else to provide that information. What a disappointing response. I ended up taking the train anyway, simple, efficient and cheap.

So overall, the stay, although comfortable was not memorable. Service and attention to detail needs improvement to make the traveler feel like a special guest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear flyingroo,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us some honest and constructive feedback about your stay. I am disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations and we have let you down throughout the stay.
Recognising our Accorclub members is something that we do and should have be done for you also – I will ensure this is passed onto our Rooms Division Manager along with your other feedback about check-in. Most certainly you should have been given a better response about the AirTrain, especially as we have a very knowledgeable Concierge team who would have been able to assist.

Flyingroo, please know this is not generally representative of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our service to our guests. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Noosa, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I prepaid accommodation at the Pullman as a Christmas gift for my daughter for us to enjoy the city shopping & sightseeing. Upon check in I was asked for my visa card as a $100 security deposit (which is normal procedure). When we checked out I settled the account, only to discover that the balance owing to me would not appear in my account for up to 5-7 days. I have stayed at many hotels over the years and have never had this happen before and have since spoken with friends who have never heard of this happening! 4 days later and I still haven't received my refund. Not happy Jan.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear kipling2014,

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you with regards to the security deposit been returned to you, it is normal procedure for this to occur. In the future, if requested and advised, arrangements can be made for the funds to released quicker if possible.

I hope you had an enjoyable time with your daughter in the city shopping and sightseeing.

Moranbah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here with friends January 2013. We had flown down for a concert and unfortunately due to bad weather the concert was cancelled. With the hotel being so close to the city and the casino we still found lots to do in Brisbane. The staff were also very accommodating as we were unsure if we were going to be able to fly home and they had rooms reserved for us in case our flights were cancelled.
Rooms were nice, breakfast was great and the back bar was pretty cool too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alicia,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay here at the hotel. What a shame your concert was cancelled but its sounds as though you made the best of a disappointing situation. Fantastic to hear the staff were accommodating as well.

Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had booked a one nights stay a couple of months ago when an Accor Special was advertised. Check In Fri 3/01/14 and Depart 04/01/14. Hotel was nice and Deluxe Room was nice & clean. During the night the hotels air conditioning broke down. We awoke at 2.20am in the morning covered in sweat. The next day Brisbane temp was up to 42 degrees so the night before was boiling. It ruined our stay. I think a 4 star hotel should have air cond repair service agreement where they can be on site 24/7 as it really is unacceptable these days to be without air con especially when overnight temp is in the high 20's.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TwistyBrisbane,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the fault in the air conditioning. Our maintenance team were on to it as soon as they were able and had it fixed as soon as they could. There is no denying that it would not have made for a comfortable evening and we are sorry for the disruption to your sleep.

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about it and hope that this has not deterred you from future stays.

Grant Parnell

Been to Pullman Brisbane King George Square? Share your experiences!