“Our stay met with our expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Brisbane King George Square

You added Pullman Brisbane King George Square to your Saves list
Pullman Brisbane King George Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Ann and Roma Sts, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane)   |
Ranked #46 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne, Australia
“Our stay met with our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel when it was the Sebel and under the new management and update of facilities with the Pullman label we were pleased with the overall experience which was further enhanced by the introduction of the executive floor and lounge facilities.We believe that this this upgrade provided value for money and will be happy to stay again when next visiting Brisbane.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

All up I was pretty impressed with the stay. I booked a deal which included breakfast and parking and was pretty good considering parking itself was about $35.

Highlights
- Great rooms, spacious, well decorated and clean
- Great location - close to buses and restuarants and shopping
- Good buffet breakfast
- Was offered a late checkout

Lowlights
- Average service, being an advantage plus member I expected a little bit more
- Got told wrong timing for close of breakfast and ended up missing out on the last day
- With the renovations in the lobby, staff at front desk were struggling to keep up with guests checking in n out.
- Bought a tub of yogurt from the coffee lounge there which was a few days past its expiry
- Room service food - so,so. At least they had the decency to call n inform me when service was running late.

Other than the little bits noted above, stay was good.

Room Tip: the higher, the better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel has been very nicely renovated and the rooms are comfortable and modern. The location is perfect with a short walk to Queen St mall and the bridge to Southbank. The only negative is the hotel restaurant, Allure Bistro. Avoid this restaurant (for dinner) at all costs. Expensive, terrible service, limited menu, terrible cooking, boring ambience.

A final comment - why do most Australian hotels continue to charge for internet? This should be a basic service such as cable TV. To avoid paying for internet, I always tether my iPhone to my laptop or use my 3G iPad.

Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I decided to stay here with my wife before I went away on business for a month, I used 1 of my free nights from my Advantage Plus card I wish I had stayed at the Sofitel. I am Platinum member of Accor and travel for business and stay 60+ nights a year in hotels.

I cant fault the staff, there were extremely attentive, welcoming and friendly at all times. The rooms however are not. If you know Brisbane the Hotel has had many past brands, Carlton Crest, Sebel to name a few. The reason I decided to stay here was that since they recently changed to the Pullman brand I thought the hotel would have been through a renovation, well the foyer has.

Room was a great size that was all it had going for it. The air-conditioning wasn't working except to cool the room, I called maintenance and was told the element was on the way out, turn it up high and it should warm soon, well we went out for dinner and came back several hours later to find the room still cold. The basin in the bathroom had a crack in it and the drain was rusty, soap holder in the shower was broken so the soap kept sliding off. The bed was comfortable however you would think out of 6 pillows on the bed you would get some thick and thin, we had the thinest pillows so we had to double up to get comfortable.

When a hotel states 5 Stars you expect 5 not 4 or 3, I wont be recommending or staying here again unless the standard improves dramatically.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Steve,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. Please accept my apologies for the maintenance of the room. Our maintenance team are at present are going through each room individual to assess what needs doing to the rooms to ensure they are up to standard.

Steve, I do hoope we can welcome you again into the future as I assure you this is not something that is consistent throughout the hotel.

Mackay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Pullman Brisbane is all around impressive. From the hotel foyer, to the decor and quality of furnishings in the rooms, the Pullman has a sense of style that says executive with a touch of luxury.
I was a little disheartened to find that my pre-payment had not been processed and I was yet to pay for the room but I guess that is just a small detail and our stay was otherwise seamless.
We will definitely be returning.

Dear zoe2489,

We very much appreciate the feedback you have left regarding you stay at the hotel. The refurbishment has certainly been impressive on an old building and one we are proud off, I’m glad you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you when your return again.

Martinborough, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights at the Pullman in a on bedroom verandah suite and throughly enjoyed our stay .The room was clean and had a modern fit out ,bed was comfortable .The hotel is in a great location for buses and trains .The staff were courteous at check in and checkout .And we definitely stay here again

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Francois,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you again.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is a stone's throw from Brisbane's shopping district - heaps of shopping centres just a 2 minute walk away! When we were there they were doing some upgrades/maintenance work in the lobby, but it should be fixed now. The room we stayed in was on the Executive level - meaning access to the Executive Lounge. I've been to many Executive Lounges before, so I can give a sound comparision. The Pullman had just introduced their new Lounge facilities and it looked really smart (albeit small) and the staff were really nice and accommodating. However, they had a small selection of canapes/snacks to choose from, and the weirdest thing was that they closed their doors in the evenings.
I recommend going for breakfast at the restaurant rather than in the Lounge, as there were more food selections and just a better atmosphere.
The rooms were nice and spacious - however, the lightbulbs were in white! I would much prefer a nice warm white/orangey glow but I guess it comes to personal taste.
Didn't order any room service as the price was outrageous. As we were just a walk away from the shopping precinct, it was just a hop skip away from the restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pullman Brisbane King George Square? Share your experiences!