“Free Accor Night - Very well used” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Brisbane King George Square

You added Pullman Brisbane King George Square to your Saves list
Pullman Brisbane King George Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Ann and Roma Sts, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane)   |
Ranked #46 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Free Accor Night - Very well used”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is an very nice hotel. As it was our free night as part of the accor deal, it offered very good value for money. However, if I had paid for the room and was then asked to pay $30 for parking I may have been a bit miffed. I have noticed this with all the Brisbane inner city accors - have had to pay up to $45 for parking. I think they need to sort that as it would be a barrier for future stay's for me. Dinner in restaurant was beautiful and breaky in the exec lounge was exceptional. Lots of healthy choices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear GazzzaP,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave such great feedback about the hotel. It is a huge encouragement to the team to receive positive comments such as yours. The kitchen and restaurant teams will most definitely appreciate your comments.

Grant Parnell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Rooms are a litle date and need to be refreshed, especially the bathroom. The stay was pleasant and staff welcoming. The location was a short walk to the malls and river, for visitors not used to the area the location of the Pullman it may have been difficult to find.

Overall great experience, value and service.

Dear Robbo1962_12,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the hotel. It’s great to hear you got to experience the welcoming nature of our team during your stay. The team certainly a great asset and will welcome your kind comments.

Robbo1962_12, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in to the future.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

this is the second time we've stayed at this hotel ,first time when it was the citigate .
the rooms was clean except got an insect bite as soon as i entered the room.
the bathroom was clean except for shoer ,could do with a real good scrub.
we decided to have full buffet breakfast at $30 each, very disappointed the food was cold.
when serving hot food the basic requirement should be food served at a certain temperature but the scrambled eggs ,sausages,beans,mushrooms and bacon were all cold.
coffee was also extremely strong undrinkable.
i would stay at hotel again but will definitely not be staying for breakfast !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Allyson,

Please accept my apologies for the breakfast you received during your stay. It’s sounds as though the breakfast was well below our normal standards and I will most definitely pass your comments onto our Food & Beverage Manager for follow-up.

Allyson, we do take all feedback very seriously so that we can continue to strive and meet our gusts needs. Thank you for leaving us a comment so that we can action and rectify any faults for future guests, which we hope will include you.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I live on the gold coast and I work in brisbane so due to commitments I stay once a month in the city. The re-vamp of the rooms was very nice and I really liked the decor. The room I had was positioned in a quite part of the hotel but my sleep was disturbed by a loud humming sound from the bathroom which was intermittent on departure I told the reception and they showed concern but then went on to charge me twice for the room! Back to the Sofitel for me next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Garbo999,

Thank you for your telling us about your recent experience at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. It’s disappointing to us that your sleep was disturbed by the humming from the bathroom. Our maintenance team are currently going through each room individually to fix any maintenance faults. Along with you reporting it any future guests shouldn’t experience the same.

Garbo999, we hope the above has not completely deterred you from staying at the hotel again and would like to welcome you again sometime into the future.

Brisbane Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the pullman the last week in March and found it an overall pleasing experience. The valet parking, quick no fuss checkin. The room was large and well furnished. One small but important feature were the pillows, most comfortable. The one complaint I had was the air conditioning, it was loud enough to be annoying, I had to turn it off during the night.
The hotel is well situated (next to City Hall) a short walk to the Casino and the Mall.
The cheerful and friendly staff went a long way towards making this stay a most pleasant experience.

Room Tip: our room at the front had a view of the parklands, a room at the rear, from the upper floors at leas...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed for one night in late March 2012 due to a missed flight connection so the stay was basically at the expense of Virgin Australia.
Check-in was prompt and efficient and my questions on what was included by the airline were answered efficiently.

I received a voucher for dinner in the bistro and to be honest it was very disappointing.

I started to take exception when I was told twice by the surly staff that the Virgin Australia voucher was not for drinks and the food that I had ordered was over the $50 limit. I didn't care! I had been travelling for over six hours and was hungry and thirsty! Unfortunately the restaurant or Bistro, as I think it was called, didn't really deliver on either count. The so called medium "Black Angus" steak should have been supplied with a chainsaw and the glass of Shiraz that I ordered with the meal never arrived. I have eaten a lot of Black Angus steak and I would seriously talk with your meat suppliers, someone is getting ripped off....The ice cream dessert however was very good.

The room was clean and comfortable for an overnight stay.

Dear SteveMani,

It’s unfortunate to hear your experience in the restaurant was not up to the standard you would expect from a hotel such as ours. I will most definitely pass your comments onto our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager for follow-up.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I took this hotel needing to stay within the Accor group to reach status level. I had an Executive King room. Location much closer to the action than i was expecting - it looks a long way to walk on the map down to Southbank/Convention centre, but it wasn't at all.
The lobby is spacious, the service at front counter friendly and helpful.
The lifts were always fast and available.
The decor was all brand new - still new carpet smell - the toiletries were good, aircon worked fast, good shower strength. Room service was prompt, although too prompt the second night (I was there on a project so staying in to work!) - the dim sum dish was not cooked. Quickly replaced though. I had WiFi issues (my own) - the service provided was very efficient and helpful. I was pretty happy with this hotel, and I'm very fussy - except as a Gold Accor member, I am supposed to get special extras at Pullmans - I didnt know this til I got home, and they certainly didn't offer them, so point it out if you go there!

Dear Goingfor100,

It’s fantastic to hear the hotel was better than you were expecting, thankyou for your kind comments. Feedback like yours it most definitely encouraging for our team and I will pass it on.

I’m glad you had a good stay at the hotel and thankyou for bringing to our attention that you did not receive the extras you were entitled too, please accept my apologies and I will bring it to the attention of our Rooms Division Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Grant Parnell

Been to Pullman Brisbane King George Square? Share your experiences!