“Terrific room but to get a balcony is expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Brisbane King George Square

You added Pullman Brisbane King George Square to your Saves list
Pullman Brisbane King George Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Ann and Roma Sts, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #43 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Geelong, Australia
“Terrific room but to get a balcony is expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions when it was the Sebel. The change to the Pulman see much better furniture and fittings and the soft bed is awesome. Unfortunately under the Sebel I was always given a room with a balcony free of charge where the Pullman asks for an additional $50. The hotel is in a great central location.

Room Tip: Try and get a free upgra to a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your thoughts regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square.

It is always great to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Pullman Brisbane King George Square

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The room rate was $388 for a completely ordinary hotel room . Everything seemed clean. The bathroom was compact with the shower over the bath. The room had anti-theft coat hangers and this fact always sets a low tone for a hotel. Why it is not possible to have respectful furnishing that are for-sale is beyond me; assuming guests are dishonest just is not a good attitude to have.

The bed was very firm and I didn't sleep well on it. The beds must be a known problem since they come with after-market pillow tops - mine felt like a low quality egg crate style one.

The wifi speed was good although it did not work until the access point was reset. Wifi was included in my room rate but isn't in all booking categories.

The air conditioning is configured to prevent the selection of a temperature lower than 19C. This is a mean spirited thing to do - most properties I stay at allow 17C as a selection and perhaps I'd have slept better here had I been able to select my preferred temperature for sleeping.

Overall this is a very average hotel. It's the sort of place I'd tolerate staying at again if the rate was $240 or lower but on the other hand my first preference would be to try for somewhere nicer.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square.

It is disappointing to hear that the hotel did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs. I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team for review.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wotif mystery deal: Arrived just after the city got smashed by a super storm. Trees down, windows blown out of other buildings, flooding! But we literally got a park on the street right outside the hotel..had to double check the signs to make sure we could stay there so that saved us the exorbitant $40 parking fee. Everything else was great.. friendly, efficient staff at reception and concierge desk.
The room was great..good size with the best bed i've slept in..beautifully decorated (newly refurbished) great views of the Uniting Church Cathedral (3 weddings in 3 hours), and a short hop over King George Square into the mall. Loves: views, bed, decor, bathroom kit (soap etc), kettle fits under the sink, easy to use in-room safe. Could have been better: tv constantly cracking, shower screen didn't stop torrent of water escaping to the bathroom floor.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brisbane, good value for money and great rooms and location!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. I have taken on board your comments about the TV and shower screen and will let our engineering team know to keep an eye out for it.

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Booked this hotel through wotif for a very good deal on a friday night. We stayed in a renovated tower and had a corner room. It was great size and good view. It was our aniversary so i wanted something special. The room did not dissapoint.

With staff we however had mized experiences. They were very friendly and available always, however on a number of occasions when we had requested something it was not followed up at all. Not wanting to worry about that we have just left it.

We did not eat at the hotel, however had room service delivery of some food and it was although expensive, very nice. Be warn there isnt that much choice available, especially for special diet needs.

Room Tip: Make sure you check which part of the hotel you are stayin at as there appear to be renovated and no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant P, Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. It’s great to hear the room made your anniversary special. When you stay with us next time, please let the Food & Beverage staff know if you have any dietary requirement, our chefs are always happy to tailor a meal to suit your needs.

We like to receive positive feedback at the hotel and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team especially your comments regarding the staff.

Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As I was spending the night in the city to celebrate my birthday with my two daughters I wanted it to be a bit special, and the girls were excited to be going into the city overnight. Unfortunately as soon as I walked into the room I was left extremely disappointed. It felt like we were sleeping in a broom cupboard. I don't think I have ever seen a window so small in a hotel room. It was almost claustrophobic. The room was very old and dated. The bathroom wasn't much better.
We got over that and walked into the mall area looking for somewhere to eat. We decided to go back to the hotel restaurant fronting Ann Street. The restaurant wasn't busy but the meals took forever to come out. The food was average, and my daughter asked for her steak to be medium, but it was bloody to say the least. We told the waitress and she said she would speak to her manager, but that was the end of it. We got sick of waiting, so paid the bill and left disappointed with the service. I am always looking out for hotels for colleagues to stay in and certainly won't be recommending this particular one :(

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that has a decent size window and maybe ask if the room has been renovated
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Mercure Brisbane King George Square. It is disappointing to hear that the service you received did not meet your expectations and I have certainly taken on your comments regarding the room and restaurant.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs. I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team especially our Food and Beverage team.

Mercure Brisbane King George Square

Been to Pullman Brisbane King George Square? Share your experiences!