“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Brisbane King George Square

You added Pullman Brisbane King George Square to your Saves list
Pullman Brisbane King George Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Ann and Roma Sts, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #43 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Perth, Australia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Excellent location in the city centre. Enjoyed close by walks to Roma Park. It is also within easy walking distance of a range of shops and restaurants.
Hotel staff were friendly and efficient. Check-in process was very quick and easy. Bedroom was adequate with comfy beds and regular servicing. Bathroom facilities were good with option of fresh towels daily.
Surprised wi-fi wasn't available free. Signage needs to be improved on the outside of the building to make it more obvious.
A good option for a brief stop-off in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. I’m glad you thought the staff were friendly and efficient and the rooms were adequate for your stay. With regards to signage we are in fact getting new signage in the coming weeks, which we are looking forward too.

The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The bed was comfy but the bathroom was well below par and in need of some attention. The hotel has just joined the Accor group which tends to set a good standard and might improve things there.

Location is excellent and service was friendly. Not a bad option for a quick stop in Brisbane.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. We would like to let you know that the hotel is currently going through a refurbishment that includes our Sebel rooms, lobby area and function rooms.

We hope that we can welcome you again in the future to enjoy our new room!

Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have noticed this hotel is often a Wotif 4.5 "mystery hotel". Overall the hotel is good, the front desk staff are friendly and efficient, the room was very clean and the beds comfy.Both stays I have had either a view of cooling towers or brick walls.The location is easy walking distance from either Roma St or Central stations. It is also a short walk to Queen St mall shops. My only concern was the noise coming from the adjoining rooms bathroom, everytime they showered or ran the sink taps I was treated to a roaring noise.I noticed other people have noted this problem in Tripadvisor reviews.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. Positive feedback is always a great thing to receive and I will ensure your comments about the shower and taps are passed onto our engineering team.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Recently stayed for 2 nights whilst on business in Brisbane. The location is great, convenient to transport, shops and airport.
Room was ok but quite small.
I was quite shocked at the cost of WIFI - $30 for 24 hours or $10 for one hour. I realise work would have paid for it but chose not to use WIFi at that outrageous price when everywhere these days WIFI is free - went to a local cafe and used it for free. For this reason, I don't think I would choose to stay there again.
Juice provided with breakfast was not pure fruit juice but rather seemed to be a watered down version of orange juice first day then tomato juice second day. For the price of breakfast I would expect pure fruit juice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. I have taken on board your comments regarding the Wi-Fi in the hotel and will most definitely pass onto our Food and Beverage Manager your comments regarding the juice for breakfast.

It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs and I do hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our three night vacation stay in the Sebel was excellent. The location adjacent to King George Square is convenient to shopping, transport stations, the CBD and Southbank all of which are within easy walking distance. Our room on 10th floor was not refurbished but nevertheless, very well maintained, clean and tidy and consistent with our expectations the hotel's star rating. The king bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds ever. The Sebel's front desk, concierge & room service / cleaning people we had contact with were always professional & helpful. In short, a pleasurable experience and I would consider the Sebel a first choice when visiting Brisbane city on holiday or business.

Room Tip: The Sebel probably has the edge over the Citygate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It’s fantastic to hear you thought the hotel was great, clean and tidy and met your expectations, particularly that the housekeeping staff were professional and helpful.

I’m sorry you didn’t get to experience one of refurbished rooms, we are in the process of refurbishing the whole Sebel tower and I hope we can welcome you back in the future to stay in one of them.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here recently for the weekend and chose this hotel due to location. It is within walking distance of the King George Square Busway, Roma Street Station and Central Station. Not to mention there is a taxi right right outside the front door of the hotel. The rooms have recently undergone a refurbishment making them nice and fresh, although the lighting is very poor within the rooms. Check-in was fast and efficient as was check-out. Mini-bar and room service was a little over-priced but that's what you get when you don't want to duck out for a meal or even a bottle of coke. I have stayed here before and will most likely stay again but for $250/night it would need to be for something a little special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My brother and I stayed for one night in a twin double room on the 9th floor.

The good:

- Very handy location. I got the train from the airport to Central Station, from which the hotel was less than five minutes walk. Queen St mall is just a block away. We were there for a concert at the Hifi in the West End, which was a pleasant 20-30min walk.

- Plenty of hot water and good pressure in the shower

- Lovely clean linen

- Very comfortable, soft bed, with a good choice of pillows

- Efficient and polite staff. The room we were given initially was a Queen room, however this was changed with zero fuss to the double room we requested

The bad:

- The light switch outside the bathroom was a bit grimy

- The shower head (it is a shower-over-bath situation) was really low! I'm 180cm, and my quads got a good workout from crouching down to wash my hair!

Overall it was a really good stay - as you can tell, the "bad" things I've listed are not major problems at all! This was my first visit to Brisbane, and in future I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. We too think the hotel is in a very handy location and that the staff are efficient and polite, I’m glad you got to experience that.

It is great to receive positive feedback as well as ‘constructive’ feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team especially housekeeping with regards to the light switch.

The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane

Been to Pullman Brisbane King George Square? Share your experiences!