“OK, but too expensive.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Brisbane King George Square

You added Pullman Brisbane King George Square to your Saves list
Pullman Brisbane King George Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Ann and Roma Sts, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane)   |
Ranked #46 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Houston
“OK, but too expensive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was booked into this hotel by Quantas after a schedule change caused me to miss my connection. The location was good, convenient to the downtown businesses. The room I had, 305, was a small room near the elevators, with a window overlooking a brick wall, no sky or windows visible. The shower was a curtained off corner of the bath, which gets the entire floor wet when used. The room cost me nothing, but the meals in the restaurant were all about ten dollars more than I was alloted, and the internet, wireless or ethernet was an extra $30 for te day. The reception and staff were courteous and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was good, the room, inspite of its location near the elevators was quiet.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms ending in 05, too small!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Good sized room, comfortable bed and very reasonably priced parking. Just don't count on the bed configuration of your choice :)

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We bought a Wotif Mystery Hotel and landed the Sebel. Except for the check in guy who totally disregarded our requests, the room was very good. Nice size, well made very comfortable bed and room service breakfast was prompt ( and still hot). Parking was $ 30 which is a good deal for overnight in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Be sure you are staying in the Sebel tower, not the Citigate. Ask for a high floor.
Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We saw a weekend special advertised for $199 including the upgrade to the tower (it was an extra $40) and decided to book as we were going to the airport early the next day.
The rate included parking and also buffet breakfast for two.
Unfortunately we left at 6.00am which was too early for breakfast as it started at 6.30am which I thought was too late.
The parking was good.
The room was old fashioned and not very exciting - not worth the money at all.
There was no information in the room about the restaurants or anything like that - no complimentary notepad and pens - nothing to make it feel special.
Upon check out the Manager tried to charge us for the parking as he did not know that there was a package advertised.
And he never asked us did we have a good stay - just a couple of words that are a necessary thing.
I would think that there are better places to stay in Brisbane city.
Next time we will be trying to the Meriton as we have found their accommodation in Sydney to be excellent and never disappointed as we definitely were with the Sebel & Citigate,

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed for a night in early June. Good location, helpful staff but nothing overly special. Had the breakfast which was good. Mirvac have their fingers in a number of 'pies'. Some things they do well and others not so well. Maybe they should stick to shopping centres!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nsw Sth Coast, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Went to Brisbane for a short break, 4 nights. Booked Sebel King George because of location & we like to stay in nice hotels. Booked a balcony room as the photos showed the lovely view overlooking King George Square. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, no problem, we went for a walk. They rang to offer us an upgrade, to a balcony room?? We told them that's what we'd paid for & went back. Our room was on the bottom floor with the balcony overlooking an ugly internal, office block type courtyard with a slight view of a crane on an adjacent worksite. The room was reasonable although not 5 star. We asked if there was a possibility of moving to a balcony room with a view as we were staying 4 nights. We were told they'd see what they could do & that's the last we heard from any staff member. Very, very disappointed with the room, it's not surprising they offer it as an 'upgrade', you wouldn't pay the extra money if you knew unless you are a smoker I guess. The rubbish was not removed from our room until day 3 when we decided we needed to leave a note to ask that it be removed. The Concierge however, was wonderful.

Room Tip: The pool is through a maze of corridors & a number of lifts to the rooftop of another building...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I booked this hotel because location suited better than the Novotel where I normally stay.
I booked it as an Accor member.
On arrival I was not registered on the hotels booking list.
I showed my Accor printed booking & they said, oh, you booked with Accor!!
The said the room rate was wrong but decided to honour it.
They said that my Accor member privelages would not be recognised (my sole reason for becoming an Accor member)
I have just renewed my membership at whatever cost & now I get another email from you (seperately) inviting me to "join now, it's free"
Needless to say I am really peed off with Accor at the moment.
I dined & had drinks at the restaurant, room service & 2 nights accommodation all without Accor recognition.
I live in Cairns & dont get the opportunity to travel very often, so An accor membership is attractive for the occasions that I do.
Had I known the Sebel was not honouring your privelages I would have stayed at the Novotel where I could have stayed within my budget.
I was & remain totally dissappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pullman Brisbane King George Square? Share your experiences!