“Fabulous place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucerne on Fernberg

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brisbane
Lucerne on Fernberg
You added Lucerne on Fernberg to your Saves list
23 Fernberg Road | Paddington, Brisbane, Queensland 4064, Australia   |
Ranked #13 of 63 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights at Lucerne and found it was very positive. From the initial contact and booking through to my arrival and the actual accomodation, I found Brian to be friendly, prompt and very helpful. It had everything I needed and was done with style and attention to detail. Brian loaned me a "Go card" to use on the public transport system which was a great help. Everything looked just as the photos on trip advisor show.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at Lucerne for one week while I attended a conference in Brisbane. I could not have found a more enjoyable and easy place to stay. Brian and Helen were incredibly kind and generous hosts, inviting me to dinner, taking me to see a sunset view of the city and wildlife sanctuary, and helping with any need I had. I had a wonderful time chatting with them in the evenings. They do a fantastic job of making sure your needs are met, while respecting your privacy.

The cottage was charming. It was very clean, comfortable, and quiet, with a great selection of books about Brisbane and surrounding area. Kitchen was supplied with everything I needed for breakfast, and the fresh eggs from their chooks were delicious!

The surrounding neighborhood is perfect to stroll and find a good meal, away from the pricey city center. After being in loud and busy areas of downtown in the evening, I was glad to come home to Lucerne each night for a peaceful night sleep.

Brian and Helen offer a truly unique and splendid B&B experience. I felt like one of the family by the end of my visit. I would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

A review written by my Mum of her stay in July 2011.
Chosen by my daughter online, this B&B gave me all that I wanted – security, very clean & comfortable accommodation, an oasis of tranquillity in a busy world and most important of all for me (being alone) – friendliness.
I had “no worries” during my stay their and Brian went out of his way to help me while I was their.
This is only the second time in my life that I have chatted to the hens that produced eggs for me for breakfast!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here after seeing the fantastic reviews on here and weren't disappointed. Brian was friendly and helpful without being obtrusive and advised us about what to do and where to go in Brisbane. The cottage was cosy with a comfortable bed and a good shower. Also close to transport links to the city although you could walk. Everything was available for breakfast including delicious eggs from Brians hens. Brian goes out of his way to make sure your stay is a happy one, especially as our son was a little nervous of his dog (who is the friendliest dog you could meet!) we couldnt have had a better first place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lyttelton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

We stayed for three perfect days leading up to Easter and if you think the reviews here are too good to be true think again. This place is a gem and Brian and his family are amongst the kindest and friendliest hosts we have ever had the pleasure to stay with. The location is brilliant and the feel of the property is almost rural right in the heart of the city. The rainbow lorrikeets in the wheel of fire tree outside Rose Cottage were a real feature for us and when we tired of them there were visits from Jedda and glimpses of the three lovely cats and the chooks to keep us amused.

Attention to detail and a real sense of what visitors appreciate is everywhere evident. From the pre-trip correspondence to the beers on arrival, from the wonderful kitchen fitout and provisions to the little extras like the NZ cheese. From the music and DVD,s to the daily newspapers and use of the local public transport cards we were constantly delighted. Well done Brian and many thanks for a delightful break which did us the world of good. Oh and did I mention the exceptional value for money? We would happily come back right now!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Visiting for a family wedding there was no room at the inn but in finding Lucerne we felt as if we were staying with family anyway. Brian is the best of hosts. Nothing was too much trouble - not that we needed anything more than was provided.. We travelled with my sister and brother in law so had both the Cottage and Coach House to move around in. Both are very well appointed, spacious, clean, quiet and functional. Add the lovely grounds, the lovely Jeddah dog and escorting chooks and we couldn't think of anything more we'd want in terms of accomodation. Location was just right as well with the cafe strip in Rosalie a short walk and city minutes away. The wedding was great and our stay in Brisbane was enhanced by having Lucerne as our base.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Having returned to Brisbane after 2 years, for a family wedding, we found this little gem "behind the green gates" to be a secluded oasis. The comfort, the provisions, the light, the birds, the garden, the animals. We wonder who now is staying in"our" bed, who is now walking Geddah, who is now enjoying the fantastic (nothing is too much trouble) hospitality of Brian and Helen. If you have never visited Brisbane and if you have lived in Brisbane for 10 years, there is still more - the hosts have researched and provided all you need to know to make your stay so memorable that YOU WILL retun. Post your trip, you may find yourself googling tripadvisor frequently to share the joy of others as they describe their stay. Lucerne on Fernberg is truly Queensland - Beautiful one day Perfect the next! Rose Cottage - we will return!!

Room Tip: Rose cottage has no stairs!!