“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks 212 Margaret

You added Oaks 212 Margaret to your Saves list
Oaks 212 Margaret
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   212 Margaret Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #103 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Spent one night here and was surprised by how large and well maintained the rooms were.

We had a 2 bedroom unit with a HUGE balcony overlooking the botanical gardens.

Great price and conveniently located within the CBD!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the botanical gardens are beautiful
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Little_Aussie_Mum, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oaks 212 Margaret and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our central location in Brisbane is very convenient and I agree the views of the gardens and river are lovely. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Couldn't be happier with my recent stay at Oaks 212 Margaret. The room was a real surprise. It was huge. two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full kitchen and an enormous balcony. Value for money was exceptional. My only criticism is that the rate for parking is excessive. After pre booking my parking I discovered that the car park next door was $15 a day cheaper.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Simon023

Thank you for taking the time to submit your glowing review of your stay. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found our apartments spacious and convenient. We find that our parking costs are in-line with most hotels around the inner Brisbane CBD however nearby private parking facilities often provide alternatives at a flat rate.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Noosa, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is the third time we have stayed here now and we have had great experiences every time!

Staff are really friendly, rooms are always really clean and the views are awesome!

Unless you are really hungover then don't do breakfast at the restaurant down stairs.. The muesli was like cardboard ;)

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Thomas M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Oaks 212 Margaret, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us again, it is always a pleasure to welcome back guests. I have passed your feedback onto the restaurant owner in regard to breakfast. I hope to see you again very soon for your 4th visit.
Frederick, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Disappointed in our accommodation at 212 Margaret St. We rented a 2 bedroom apartment with river views for a week over New Year's Eve. Thankfully we did have views of the fireworks as this was our prime reason for selecting this facility and would have relocated if we could have found another hotel with river views two days before New Year's Eve (impossible of course) not to mention they would not refund our payment as we paid in full to guarantee NYE.
On arrival we found the toilet seat in the master bathroom completely detached from the toilet - nice of the cleaners to mention that to maintenance. The room was dusty with an unpleasant odour, streaks all over glass sliding doors, grungy bathroom fixtures and the WORST showers I've ever used (a fine mist spray that is useless for washing but somehow also stings) has no hooks or shelves for toiletries and a very small supply of glassware and plates.
It does not have wifi and you have to pay for cable internet which is only useful if you have an older type laptop - we had to borrow the one we handed off to the kids 3 years ago! Some of the staff are great but some are horrible - I was told by one receptionist that the manager wouldn't be back until after the weekend because "she has a life". I hadn't suggested the manager work 24/7 but was surprised that firstly there is only one and secondly that they take off on Saturday and Sunday.
Everyone else that stayed there was also disappointed with facility and frustrated with service. You can do much better for the same price - their supposed 4.5 star rating is a joke - they are 3 star at best - maybe a 3.5 if rooms were kept

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Kirsten T, I am sorry your recent stay at Oaks 212 Margaret did not meet your expectations, I apologise that there was a maintenance issue with your toilet on arrival and agree it should have been reported, but it was rectified immediately I understand. Wifi is currently being installed in the property and will be available soon. A senior staff member is always on duty, but myself as the Hotel Manager is not always on site. I do aplogise for the response you received from staff and I will discuss this with them but thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Alexandra Headland, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the penthouse. It was absolutely lovely but I put down a $150 bond (in case anything was damaged). We left it in perfect condition and I was told my bond would be refunded. It showed up as 'pending' on my account before completely disappearing. I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED MY MONEY! If managment could rectify the situation by emailing kvelt12@gmail.com it would be appreciated.

The reception staff were also very rude and disinterested. These two things really have ruined what was otherwise a great stay... Oaks Margaret really need to lift their game!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
HotelManagerMargaret, General Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear 983Kristen,

Thank you for submitting your review. The $150 mandatory preauthorisation is essentially not a ‘bond’ whereby it is charged and refunded, but rather a freeze of these funds on your card. When the funds are released (or “unfrozen”), the pending transaction will not longer appear on your statement, as the funds have been cleared back. The fact that the pending amount has “disappeared” from your account means the funds have been cleared. You are more than welcome to confirm this with your bank.

I am sorry to hear you found the Reception staff unhelpful and I will be sure to address this with our team. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the Penthouse and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed there for 8 nights in 2 bedroomed apartment on the 28th floor. The reception staff were very helpful and when we had a problem with the TV we were immediately moved to another apartment. The hotel is well situated close to the river and botanic gardens and a short walk to the Queen Street mall. Would stay there again if visiting Brisbane.

Room Tip: The views from the higher apartments are impressive
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Caliegirlgree,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your positive review of your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and that we were able to rectify the issue with your television straight away.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Travelled down from Townsville recently to stay for the week on a holiday with my partner. First impressions of the place were good however the reception staff weren't overly professional and seemed a little clueless at times. The room itself was very spacious and well layed out. Had a good view but a lot depends on which rooms you get. The kitchen was well equiped and also a fully euiped laundry was present which came in handy. The bed was very comfortable after a few long days of walking. The locality is good, close to the city and southbank. I would recommend walking through the botanical gardens as well. A couple of negatives did come up, room service didn't give us toilet paper and a few other things we needed to go down to reception to get. Also a lift a broke down and was down for a couple of days and still down on the day we left. Made for some very uncomfortable and squishy lift rides, as well as being stranded for 15 minutes at one point waiting for one. Not much the hotal can do I guess but it was very inconvient. Overal it was a good stay and reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerMargaret, General Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear DCamp90,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and wonderful view from our River View Apartments. I apologise for the issues you mentioned and these will be addressed with the persons involved. Unfortunately we did experience a technical fault with one elevator and for obvious safety reasons, was put out of use for repair for 2 days.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to Oaks 212 Margaret in the future.

Been to Oaks 212 Margaret? Share your experiences!