We stayed at this place for two nights and were very dissappointed. The room did not have a peep hole in the door and no security latch for the door. I have a daughter who sometimes sleepwalks and had to push the table up against the door at night for fear she may have opened door and walked out. The door did have a kind of deadlock on it but it was broken. When my husband informed staff told they are all like that for "Fire Safety". I know in NSW a hotel needs to have peep hole and secure lock for regulations. When we went to use dryer at 9pm at night did not work. Again husband rang and told could not be fixed. We were on 22 floor and had to go to 14 floor to dry clothes at 9pm night real inconvenience. The range hood had oil build up and just to turn rangehood on for a kind of night light fingers got very oily. Yuck! The shower heads are very basic do not move and bad water pressure. Light bulbs on three lamps in the bedrooms broken. Really average stay for the rate, considering the place is quite new and modern. Just these little things a lack of attention to detail made it very frustrating. As it was the long weekend we could get nothing fixed! Stay at Quest next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks 212 Margaret offers a range of luxurious one and two bedroom self contained apartments all with air conditioning and state of the art room facilities. There is also a luxury two storey four-bedroom penthouse which boasts the pinnacle of facilities, services and uninterrupted views. The hotel also has an in-house heated pool and gym.It is the perfect base from which to enjoy everything Brisbane has to offer. Cool café precincts and fine dining, theatres, nightclubs, busy streets and leafy corners. Enjoying breathtaking river, city and parkland views, 212 Margaret is just an easy stroll from the financial, commercial and shopping heart with its great restaurants and entertainment venues. Excellent access to public transport makes getting around a breeze.Adjacent to the Botanical Gardens, overlooking the Brisbane River, and yet only minutes from the CBD, Oaks 212 Margaret is a logical choice for you to explore Brisbane’s historic centre, entertainment options or when visiting for a conference or event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oaks 212 Margaret reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks 212 Margaret Brisbane
- Oaks 212 Margaret Hotel Brisbane