“Outstanding Service and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct & Save 10%
Ranked #67 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Townsville, Australia
“Outstanding Service and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Staff at Oaks Felix (David and Tiffany) went above and beyond to ensure our stay was amazing. We had a 2 bedroom apartment booked for one night and the 3 bedroom booked for the second night and our transfer was seamless, with staff ensuring my elderly mother was not inconvenienced by the move. I cannot recommend the Oaks Felix highly enough - clean, comfortable, stunning views, fantastic location and absolutely wonderful customer service. We will definately be back, and we will ensure all our friends and family are aware of our awesome experience - we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Request a River view room - views are stunning!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank-you for your review, it’s great to hear we were able to make your stay such an enjoyable one. David and Tiffany were really pleased to be acknowledged for their efforts. We look forward to you becoming one of the many regular guests staying at Oaks on Felix when you next visit Brisbane.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Enjoyed my stay very much. The staff were friendly and helpful. Also, the apartment was very clean and well maintained. Rooms and beds were very comfortable. My family and I stayed on the 24th floor and had some views of the city. The location was pretty central, and major streets and malls were about 15-20 mins walk away. Would love to stay here again during my next visit. Was definitely good value for money!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Very pleased to read your review and extremely happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We also look forward to greeting you again next time your in Brisbane.
Thanks and Regards,
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

By the river, a short walk from the shopping area, by the botanical gardens this high rise block is very well positioned for a walking tour of the center of town, the South bank and expo sites and CBD with its bars and restaurants .

Our room was on the 36th floor - great views - partial of river and city. Advertising shots of a full river view are for 2 bed units (not clear when booking and I felt a bit conned). You will be asked for $40 a night to upgrade from a one to two bed. As it was the views were good enough and we didn't bother but I was disappointed when I arrived to find I wasn't getting the view I thought I'd booked.

The pool area is OK (long and narrow so not really for kids) as is the gym.

Very comfortable bedroom and lounge area made this a great stay.

One issue: there is a small step up from the bedroom and lounge into the bathroom; the edge is sharp metal and I cut my foot within minutes of arrival. In the UK we would call this a "health and safety issue", not sure what it's called in Brisbane but I have to ask why would a sharp piece of metal be used in such a location? One for the refurb action list and one for others to watch.

Otherwise very good with helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to post your comments we greatly appreciate it. We are excited to advise that we have a new 2 Bedroom Story Bridge room type that when booked will guarantee you a spectacular Story Bridge/River view. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and are disappointed to hear that you injured yourself on the bathroom entrance ledge. This will certainly be brought up for discussion at our next work place health and safety meeting.
Kind Regards
Newington, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a recent work trip to Brisbane. Great location close to restaurants and river (see view photos), and also easy walking distance to CBD of Brisbane.
Room was comfortable with a spearate bedroom from the living/dining room. Basic kitchen with oven, cooktop, microwave, fridge and crockery to cook your own meals if you wish.
Great view of the Storey Bridge from the living room and balcony and one block from Eagle Stree Pier eateries.
Parking was a little confusing with 2 entrances to different areas of the carpark, and the corners are tight if you have a larger vehicle - be careful not to scrape your car.
Bedroom had a ceiling fan, but A/C was only in the living area. Did get a bit hot at night.
Quite a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I booked a 1 bedroom apartment, and I think whichever way your room is facing you will have a decent...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank-you for your valuable feed back. We pride ourselves on our superbly appointed apartments with full kitchen and laundry facilities which will make your stay a more convenient experience weather you’re here for business or pleasure. The car parking clearance is 2.15 metres ensure you call ahead for clear directions on how to enter the car park.
Gold Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Apartment was lovely and clean. Also a great view. My partner and I stayed there for our anniversary and the only negative comment I can say is a couple hours after lying in their bed we received bites all over our bodies. We thought nothing of it until night when we kept waking up scratching and continued into the morning. We checked out early and showed the security man our bites on the way out. He acknowledged and apologised. Later that day we emailed the hotel and explained what had happend. They said they went up and checked and got someone out to professionally check and there were no reports of any bed bugs. They did not believe us and made out that we were lying. We would of been ok with a 'sorry for the inconvenience, we will offer you a small discount on your next stay with us' but we only got back rude emails not believing us at all. There were clearly bed bugs and after showing the security man on the way out, he could see there were too. Once again, even if we received a email reply apologising, we would be back there for sure. Just not after it was short and made us out to be liars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Please note that as stated in previous direct correspondance via email, this report of possible bed bugs was taken extremely seriously. As such, a professional pest control contractor was called in after our in-house investigations before anyone was placed in that unit again. They concluded that there was no evidence of bed bugs anywhere in the unit and certified accordingly. We certainly made no insinuations that you were lying and know that you did experience bites of some sort but these can be varied living in this climate. We apologise if this was misconstrued but merely put forward our findings via our long-standing reputable pest control contractor that absolutely no evidence was found. Regards, Hotel Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm not a fan of Serviced Apartments as they generally lack the comforts of a good hotel. This was my first time staying at this property and with this chain and I have been pleasantly surprised.

The room was large, fresh, tidy and clean. The modern decor was clean and exceeded my expectations for a serviced apartment.

The bathroom, whilst clean, was a little basic, but did the job. The shower was excelled, but no bath is provided in the 1 bedroom apartment i stayed in. No big deal for me, but this may bother some people.

Overall, the property was nice and clean. The staff were friendly.

Room Tip: As for a river view room. Worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I hope that we at Oaks Felix have been able to instill faith in serviced apartment accommodation for you. Thank you for the feedback provided on your recent stay and hope we have are able to provide a comfortable stay in Brisbane when you are next here.

Regards, Hotel Manager
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked this Oaks on Felix for a weekend trip to Brisbane, the reviews looked OK, and it fitted within my budget, I called the front desk at about 7pm as we didn't get to the hotel until late, to confirm that we were still able to check in late, and that parking had been arranged, as I had booked through a third party and ticked for parking, however it was not outlined in the third party booking that parking needed to be prebooked, parking was $25/night pretty standard, luckily I was able to get parking. The parking set up is very ordinary, you need to call through to the front desk, to have them open the gate & when you want to get out, you have to exit your car & press the button on the wall, you would think maybe there could be a pin pad entry system, I would certainly get frustrated if I had to wait for someone to answer the telephone. The room was ok looking, however as previously mentioned there is nothing in the room explaining how things work TV, dishwasher etc so it was a bit of a guessing game, all hotels & apartments that I have stayed in have had these basic features & also TV guides for Foxtel, this was not available. The first morning my husband went down to use the gym & pool, he mentioned the facilities were ok, hwoever when I rang reception to organise another towel for him to shower with the young lady informed me that if I wanted another towel I would need to pay $2.50 as they do not supply pool towels,a dn they advise guests to use the dryer to dry a towel, now if this is because of conserving water etc, bit silly, I seed it as being extremely wasteful turning on a dryer for only one towel, she did offer for us to get an extra towel on this one occasion, but I felt this was a huge inconvenience for her. When arrived back that afternoon, I noticed that we had an extra towel in our room.

The room was relatively clean however the bathroom had alot of mould & mildew stains and grim & muck in the drain, a good dose of exit mould & a steam cleaner would have cleaned most of that up very quickly. The rest of the room was very tidy & clean

On a positive note it was very convenient to shops and getting in & out of Brisbane, however in the future I would just up my budget and stay elsewhere, I was not at all impressed

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksFelix, General Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for the constructive feedback you have offered pertaining to your recent stay here at Oaks on Felix.

Firstly, I would like to establish what 3rd party website you booked the reservation with as all car parking needs to be booked direct with the hotel either by phone, email or by requesting using the allcoated section in the booking form. I apologise this was not done for you in the first instance but would like to check that the correct information is being received at our end from the 3rd party. If you could take the time to advise management it would be greatly appreciated.

Your feedback regarding the car park access and appliance instructions have been taken onboard and considerations are being looked into already for the convenience of all guests. The staff though are more than happy to personally assist any guest in a timely manner in these areas as this is always our focus.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the future and once again, we thank you for your considered opinions on the property.

Regards, Hotel Manager

Been to Oaks Felix? Share your experiences!