“Slippery when wet” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Beenleigh, Australia
“Slippery when wet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here in Feb 2013. Wont be staying there when I am back in town. Was given a "disabled" room as they had nothing else left. I don't know who was using all the other rooms as there were very few cars anywhere to be seen. The light outside the room lights up inside all night, making sleep difficult if you prefer the dark. But the main issue is that the shower and bathroom floor is absolutely dangerous. It is so slippery when wet that it is almost impossible to walk on as an able bodied person. Please do not stay in those rooms if you have any mobilty problems other than being already in a wheelchair.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Avoid this place like it's the plague. Because it is, really. A plague of cockroaches.

$65 fee to get someone to come to reception after 10pm. Flight was delayed (so, not my fault - rang from airport as soon as I could), arrived at hotel by 11pm and still got charged the fee for the caretaker to walk 50m from their own property to check me in. Gave me attitude when I queried the charge.

Tried to give me the front room that directly faces the highway. When I said I would like a quieter room, the only one available (apparently, but I don't believe the place was anywhere near full) had a busted main room light. I took it because I really needed a good sleep before attending my grandmother's funeral the next morning.

The rooms look like they haven't been updated since the 80s. The furnishings are dismal. The curtains don't cover the length of the windows, so you can't darken the room properly. There is one thin blanket on the bed and no spares in the cupboard so the bed is cold in winter. The bathroom is tiny and the highway noise comes up through the drain in the floor. Got back to my room after the funeral to find the deadlock on my door had not been re-fastened after the cleaners left the room. The sliding chain lock doesn't work, as the door attachment has been bolted too far away on the door. Seriously!

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere - if you aren't travelling in a car, do not stay here as there is nothing around within walking distance to eat etc.

Returned from dinner tonight to find a cockroach scampering in my toiletry bag, with another making a hasty exit from the bathroom bench. Sealed up the bag, took it to reception which was unmanned during 'office hours'. Called on the phone beside the door, told 'caretaker' I had come to show him the cockroach in my toiletries. His immediate response? 'It's Queensland, we get cockroaches here'. As if it was some well rehearsed line he trotted out all the time. Asked me, with attitude, what I expected him to do about it. I said maybe at least reassure me they'd do something about the problem, like baits etc, after I left. He said he'd bomb the room after I left. Gave me more attitude so I hung up the phone, left the cockroach in the toiletry bag on the ground by the reception door, came back to my room, started typing this review.

The phone in the room rang, it was the 'caretaker' offering to bring up some surface spray. I can't sleep with chemical smells like that lingering so I declined the offer. I called him out on his previous 'it's Queensland, expect cockroaches' rubbish and general bad attitude. You can tell when someone is offering to solve a problem in a genuine and helpful way. This guy was all bad attitude and false, backhanded apologies ('I am sorry IF YOU THINK my attitude is bad' etc - No, buddy, I don't THINK your attitude is bad. It IS bad. Any reasonable person would say your attitude was bad). Told him I'd lived in Qld most of my 38 years, cockroaches are not just a Qld thing, they are all over the world and yet I'd never had one in my toiletries before so to cut the attitude. Received further attitude from him so hung up the phone.

There is no way you could pay me to stay here again. I thought it would be a good choice as it was close to family etc, but massive mistake. Lesson learned.

You wouldn't believe it, but I swear on my grandmother's freshly-dug grave that as I was typing this review, another cockroach crawled across the floor! I stomped it near the sliding door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was charged $65.00 because I arrived after office hours (12:05am)
My original arrival time on the booking was scheduled at 11:00pm.
Jetstar was late (as usual), so it was beyond my control.
I stay at a lot of hotels/motels and this is the first time I have encountered such a fee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bungendore, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Rode from Maryborough to Logan - restaurant not open, bed lights don't work so can't read, TV doesn't get ABC or SBS, no bikkies, no info in room as to motel facilities, no breakfast offering, warned not to use single bed with only one extra pillow provided,no hairdryer (try wet hair in a bike helmet), jug didn't work so no coffee/tea, fan not working in bathroom, toilet so close to shower you could have put the bath mat on it to exit shower, and what was the toaster for? Left hungry and bored in a strange town with no access to food - out the door at 7 next morning searching for coffee. And charged $140 for all of the above.

Room Tip: Don't stop here - keep riding
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My mate and I were there recently and we were so mislead by the websites, some had a beautiful pool photo but on arrival, no pool, balcony was a ledge with hardly any room to move. No restaurant, no transport, and guess what no one else seemed to be booked in either, must have known something we didn't. there was no one in reception on arrival which seemed like bad service right from the start. If I knew all this I would never had booked in there in the first place, even when you do your homework, you can still be fooled, never again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bundaberg, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Rang up motel from Moterway , very good directions , close to Hyperdome shops, very very friendly helpfull people. also close to Daisy hill. older motel , but big TV If thats important , comfortable bed. no restaurant

Room Tip: Restaurant not open weekends and no hot breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Logan City Motor Inn? Share your experiences!