“Stayed here for one night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Airway Motel Brisbane

You added Airway Motel Brisbane to your Saves list
Airway Motel Brisbane
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Lamington Avenue, Brisbane, Queensland 4007, Australia   |
Ranked #88 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Stayed here for one night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here one night. The staff are amazing as well as the owner. I was running late from my flight not my fault ( thanks to jetstar)... when I arrived the rrom was cool which was nice as it was a hot night. I ordered my dinner at the frount counter and they bought it up to my room. Would recommed anyone to satay here.........

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
AirwayBrisbane, Manager at Airway Motel Brisbane, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Playboy 966,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, the feedback is important to us as we aim to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay for all our guests. I have passed on your appreciative comments to all our staff and we look forward to having you stay with us again if you should return to Brisbane in the future.

Kind regards

Kristian Kollmorgen
Manager - Airway Motel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Briefly I booked this motel last week for one night & stated in my booking my arrival time which ended up outside their normal hours.My flight was further delayed so I tried to ring the motel to no avail so ended up trying to sleep for a few hours at Brisbane Airport.In the morning I tried to contact them but once again no answer so I left the job of trying to gain a refund with booking agency but after 48 hours I get a call from them to say the motel had rejected my claim.On my return to NZ I contacted the motel again by email but 4 days later still no reply so if this is the type of service you get from this establishment I suggest you try elsewhere like I will on my next trip across the ditch! They obviously don't need any new business leads!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear MLAGVP,

Thank you for writing this review and bringing this matter to my attention. I am very sorry that you have had this bad experience with your reservation and would like to assure you that it is of the utmost importance to me that every guest should receive prompt and efficient service at whatever hour they arrive. We understand fully the delays caused by late flights and our standard policy is to remain open and available to check guests in until at least 8 pm. After that the room key would be left in the box. The fact that you were unable to contact us by phone is disturbing as we rely on our answering machine if we are unable to attend the phone at that moment. Again, I sincerely apologize and please know that I have taken steps to prevent a similar situation occurring.

Kind regards

Kristian Kollmorgen
Manager - Airway Motel
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Got booked into Airway Motel after trouble getting motel in city during business trip. Room was clean, and air condition worked, which was handy considering it's winter time. It's a bit out of the way but one colleague had a car. Fortunately, Gallopers Sports club is just a short walk across the road. Handy for meals.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Taupo, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The motel was dirty from the outset, the front glass door was filthy and there was a horrible curtain for a door inside. The only access to the office was down stairs and right out the back through the carpark and around the building. Had trouble with security and the so called 10mins to the city cat is half an hour..quoted by the lady herself..Not happy with the whole thing.

Room Tip: rooms out back have more windows
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dorking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Booked into the Airway Motel for 1 night after delivering campervan at airport, staff were very helpful - no wifi but allowed to use hotel computer to book flight to Cairns.
Room was clean & comfortable but swimming pool was filthy, attempted to remove leaves etc using pool net but we did not dare swim in it!
Staff booked taxi to airport.

• Stayed April 2013
Luganville, Vanuatu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This was a last minute booking when I realized I had no way to catch a bus, train or shuttle out of the Brisbane airport on the night of a holiday weekend. I neglected to write down the address, and the cab driver did not know the location. He did find it after driving around in circles a bit. It cost me seven dollars more than the $25 average. None of the local hotels seemed to be all that close to the airport.

It is a good thing that I did have a booking number. The desk clerk could not find my booking until I dug the number out. The room was spacious with a good bed. The bathroom sink drained slowly and had standing water most of the time. The shower looked clean but smelled a bit like a locker room. The fridge and microwave and tea-making facilities were all good. It was one of the cheaper options in the area. It was adequate for an emergency stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This motel is about a $25 trip in a taxi from Brisbane airport.
Motels, like everywhere else, get more expensive the closer you get to the airport.
The rooms are dated but always clean and tidy
Carpet looked new and the towels were fresh and fluffy.
Trains frighten the hell out of you but they stop running about 8pm.
The pool always looks inviting but im normaly to tired to bother.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Airway Motel Brisbane? Share your experiences!