“Bed bugs and rude staff.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Brisbane Manor Hotel

You added Brisbane Manor Hotel to your Saves list
Brisbane Manor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   555 Gregory Terrace, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia (Formerly Tourist Guest House)   |
Ranked #50 of 63 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Cooloola cove
“Bed bugs and rude staff.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed in a single room with a private bathroom overnight, The room itself was quaint, the staff appeared lovely and the location was convenient, everything seemed very clean. I was horrified to wake up at three in the morning with literally dozens of bed bugs crawling over me. When I used the after hours phone to contact the night manager about this problem he told me I could check out early if I wanted, just drop my keys in the suggestion box and be on my way. Needless to say this was an unacceptable option for me and when I demanded something (anything) be done I was treated as if my complaint was trivial and told I needed to 'calm down.' I ended up sitting in my room until morning then left. My trip had been stressful enough. It's a shame this happened, because otherwise it would have been a lovely place to stay. Unfortunately though, you do not get what you pay for if you're paying for a place to sleep due to the bed bugs. Personally I don't recommend it, nor will I ever be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BrisbaneManor, Manager at Brisbane Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your feedback, You situation hasn't been brought to my attention. If you would like to contact me directly to explain what happened in more detail I'll be happy discuss it. I appologise for the problems and help we can do a better job next time. my e-mail is matt@brisbanemanor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Located in fortitude valley which was a bit annoying to get into the city, but otherwise a decent hostel. Plenty of showers and toilets which were pretty clean most of the time. Whole place is quite dated and old but rooms are comfy enough with sinks and fridges in each. Biggest complaint I have here is that we found bed bugs and staff basically refused to believe us, certain staff members were pretty unhelpful all of the time actually. So overall a good base but be wary of bed bugs.

• Stayed February 2013
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

In need of some modernisation, but with a faded colonial style which we liked. Room small and dark but clean with comfortable bed. Friendly helpful staff. Best suited to short stays 3-4 days. Convenient for public transport into city.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place has a lot of charm, the Rooms are basic but acceptable, the cleanliness is very good for a place as historic as Brisbane manor.

I loved the balcony, sitting there watching time go by.

I would recommend it to my friends, it's a good place to be if your budget conscious its no Hilton but it doesn't pretend to be.

The location was good as my husband was having treatment at the hospital and I was able to pop into china town for meals without much hassle.

• Stayed January 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed in brisbane manor last weekend found it to be clean and nice staff. I will definitely stay there next time i'm in brisbane as very reasonable prices and such a great location. definitely try and get a king room and if you miss out talk to the staff and they will help you out as they helped me get a great room.

Room Tip: the king rooms are very good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel is very unclean. We used the communal kitchen, opened a drawer to find a live rat sitting inside. Also, used condoms and assorted rubbish under several beds.

The communal kitchen itself was very unclean, with only hand soap and a dirty sponge to wash dishes.

Overall very unimpressed!

• Stayed January 2013
BrisbaneManor, Manager at Brisbane Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We apologise for the problems you've raised. We are working very hard to rectify these issues. Especially hygiene issues, we have checked and cleaned our communal kitchen and hope that no one else faces the same issues you've seen. I thank you for your feedback, and I hope that you can give us another chance to give you a better impression if you choose to stay with us again. If you have anything further to add to help us improve the environment for other guests please e-mail us at reservations@brisbanemanor.com.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

This place is terrible. I would strongly advise to never stay here. Thank god we had sleeping bags as they came in very handy. It was smelly dirty and basically even a revamp may not work here. It may have been cheap but that was all that was going for this place. I would have slept in the car but we had already paid. Ok there was free parking so that and it was cheap is all the positive things I can say about this place.

• Stayed November 2012
BrisbaneManor, Manager at Brisbane Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thankyou for your feedback, if you could contact me directly so I could find out the particulars of your stay I would really appreciate it. We strive to operate a clean environment for all our guests, if we have failed to do that in your case I apologize. please contact me @ reservations@brisbanemanor.com with more details so I can better understand the situation.

Been to Brisbane Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!