Located on Mary Street in the CBD and visited in March this is just a superb arrangement. Great apartments in a big tower. AC was good, location is superb with walk to the central shops; the botanical gardens; river cat service and the south bank area all an easy stroll in the most pleasant weather one could expect. The River Cat is a great way to see the main sights of the down town area and out to the excellent modern art gallery at New Farm through to the UQ campus at St Lucia. A great city and a great visit.
The views from the hotel are not great but really there is so much else to see in this city you wont be in the hotel long other than to sleep. We had a two bedroom apartment for 5 nights for 800 AUD which is very reasonable. Great showers, handy utility room with washer and ironing table. Kitchen is really well stocked with utensils if you want to eat in.
Places to see. In a few days you can take in the QPAC centre for just great theatre; the modern art gallery in the central area is very good too. The South bank area for eating. Loads of choice so don't give up with one bad apple! The St Lucia campus of the University is a super place to walk around. Manicured lawns, sports ovals and we had lunch at the tennis centre which was great value and really good food/service. Why play tennis in the heat of midday though?.... Nice to watch.
Tip for travellers. Get the superb Go card from Translink to allow you to avoid the huge fares for taxis in from the Airport. They work on the River Cat; rail and super bus and local rail routes.
One trip thats a "must" is a North Stradbrooke (Straddie) Island visit. Great place to see the sun set; great beaches; lovely ferry crossing and quaint (if a little infrequent) bus service. A must do in any Brisbane city visit and all easily reachable in a day. Take the bus to the ferry (short walk) and get the train back to the city frm the last ferry at 1800.The old museum of the Strabrooke "asylum" contains some great pieces from when the island was used as a refusge for the destitute in Queensland. Pretty nice place to be looked after! Bats at sundown are always an interesting thing to see.
Alternatives are a drive to Noosa (the drive is a bit tedious with the crazy Ozzie speed limits ) and while it is another great place to visit, unless you really want to surf you will get just as good views at Stradbrooke.
Visiting Brisbane is a real privilege. What a great city it must be to live in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quest River Park Central offers the perfect location for business and leisure travellers offering spacious and modern serviced apartments. Located in the heart of Brisbane CBD, Quest River Park Central is within walking distance to the iconic Queen Street Mall, Brisbane River, Southbank and the famous restaurant precinct on Eagle Street Pier. All apartments provide the comfort of air conditioning, direct dial telephones, internet access and Foxtel.We take great pride in offering you a personalised service, quality accommodation and making sure you have everything you need for a comfortable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quest River Park Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest River Park Central Hotel Brisbane
- Quest River Park Central Brisbane