“Close to Brisbane Airport” 3 of 5 stars

Airport Motel
638 Kingsford Smith Dr | Hamilton, Brisbane, Queensland 4007, Australia   |
Ranked #93 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne, Australia
“Close to Brisbane Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This was not cheap as far as motel's go but it was close to the airport - 10 minutes drive away. We arrived at 21:00 and ther wasn't anywhere to get dinner apart from fast food joints....we ended up putting our luggage in the room and then using our GPS to find the nearest 'restaurant ' tthat was open (KFC !) when we came back our key card wouldn't work. We went to reception and the man behind the counter said 'oh dear maybe my wife can re do it' a lady turned up in her nightdress complaining that there was nothing wrong with the card and how many times did we try it.....................seriously we tried it 5 or 6 times before trudging down the stairs in the rain to get it fixed...........like we had never used a key card before - if i wasn't so tired I'd have asked her to trek upstairs to the floor that had no lift and try our card that ' must work'. Anyway - it's close to the airport $165 a night and is ok if you get there early so you can find somewhere to eat :) Hopefully you won't have a dodgy key card and have someone in a nightdress making out you're an idiot................:D

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Rooms are extremely small and decks even smaller, service unfriendly and rude

Room Tip: Pick another motel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
happytimesBrisbane, Owner at Airport Motel, responded to this review, December 17, 2011
Writer may have wrong Motel and none of our rooms have decks as mentioned in the report
Tamworth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Booked over the internet for a 2 bedroom unit overnight for convenient access to the airport. It was listed as a four-star establishment. In our opinion, it is nothing like that! On arrival, I went into an empty reception area and called out several times with no response. In order to get some assistance, I used my mobile to call the place and someone came to answer the phone and saw me there. Once there, the person checking us in was efficient and friendly. That was the only interaction we had with any staff, as we left early next morning. The place itself comes across as old, in need of refurbishment and we thought it was neither good quality nor value for money. Very, very cramped: the first room we entered from the hallway had two single beds, kitchenette along the wall, the second a queen bed with a wardrobe. Had to walk thru the queen-bed room to get to the bathroom which had poor ventilation and mould in evidence. We found one of the coffee cups dirty in the cupboard when we went to use it. Quite expensive for what is really a poor experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We booked this room over the internet for one nights stay to go to the airport early morning. We booked a Queen deluxe room (queen bed and single bed) as well as a portacot for our 2 adults and 2 preschoolers. Unfortunately the room was tiny and with a portacot there was barely enough room to move around. There was no room to store all our luggage and I was also disappointed with the very basic kitchen facilities. I was mislead by the photos on the internet that there was a large kitchen, but I think maybe we needed to get a bigger room or ask for this when booking? The bathroom was also tiny and overall the size of our unit made our stay quite uncomfortable. Im glad we only stayed one night.
However, despite the size, the rooms were very clean and tidy and looked like they had been recently renovated. The service was good, however it was inconsistent between different assistants. We didnt order any food, but the room service meals looked nice. We got a free bus transfer in the morning for 2 adults and had to pay for AUD$10 for each additional person which was ok. We did a lot of research on airport motels and this seemed the best, however overall I thought that none of them were good value for money. Maybe just the reality of staying close to the airport? The nearby road was also very noisy but luckily we werent staying in an apartment on the roadside.

Room Tip: Ask regarding whether it has full kitchen facilities or not. I wouldnt have wanted to stay in the ap...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

All round very good.
Well maintained and serviced. Very good location whether needing the airport or the city.
Close to new shops at the river (5 min walk).
Breakfast available.
The pool whilst small is very clean and nicely set.
Minimal road noise as rooms well located toward rear of block behind main building.
A little expensive but overall worth it considering well rested.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road and away from the stairwells to ensure a peaceful night.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

The trouble with these feedback forums is that mostly only the whingers bother to leave a comment so I'm going to do something I've never done before nad leave some feedback to balance the books a little. I stayed for 3 nights and used the conference room for 2 days. From my first enquiry handled by the owner Jan, the service was oustanding. Upon my arrival the receptionist (sorry, didn't get her name) was very friendly. When I arrived in the conference room 15 minutes prior to my meeting time, Pam arrived within 30 seconds to check that everything was OK and then proceeded to arrange tea & coffee for my arriving guests (something I had not prearranged). Throughout the day Pam was nearby to help and she arranged lunch out in the nearby courtyard. The rooms are simple but spotlessly clean with good bedding and everything you need - they are good value for the rate charged. The in-room breakfast is again good value, well cooked and arrived on time and hot! - There's something new for a motel! It was also delivered with a smile by Pete. I used the free shuttle to the airport, kindly arranged by the motel for a 4:30am pick up. All in all a great experience of good value. Great to see staff who are truly desiring of doing a good job and looking after their guests. So Pam & team, thank you, I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I place people from overseas in Mining Engineering roles throughout Australia and arranged for a candidate who was travelling from Philippines to stay over 1 night on his way to a mine on Mount Isa for an interview the next day. I called the hotel 4 days before his arrival to let them know he would arrive at 11pm, would there be someone on reception to deal with him? They said their reception closed at 9pm but they would leave keys along with instructions on how to get to his room in a safety deposit box outside the hotel and gave me the code to give him. The candidate followed the instructions but when he opened the safety deposit box nothing was inside. He unfortunately had to find a taxi and book into another hotel. When I called to say he was unable to get to his room, therefore could we have a refund. The Manager (called Jan), told me it was his fault for not using the night phone near the safety box to call her up. She wasn't helpful at all and instead of giving some sort of understanding towards the customers frustration, she kept saying 'you don't need to repeat yourself, you've already told me that', we're still charging you'. I felt even more annoyed about the incident after talking to her......I thought $192 per night hotels trained their staff to deal with upset customers in a professional, sympathetic manner!! I advise not to put yourself through an ordeal at 'Airport Motel from hell'!

Kate Wilkinson
UK - living in Australia

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
happytimesBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Airport Motel, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
It is a shame that the guest did not pick up the night phone which is near the night safe when he found his key was not there as we have staff on all night for guest check in even though the reception doors close at 9pm. The booking had been done over the internet and as such it is the policy of the Companies that do the internet bookings that we get photo ID and credit card details for all bookings made over the internet. This is the reason why the key was not put in the safe. Our cost for this room is $160.00 which also includes a transfer to the Airport (worth $30.00) not $192 as stated by the person that booked the room. The balance of this charge is kept by the Company that the booking was done with. This same guest checked in after hours last night using the night phone without any problems. He was a very happy person and spoke good English. I was given to understand by the person that did the booking that because he was from the Phillipines that he did not understand what he had to do. This morning he is going to the Airport on our complimentary shuttle.

Been to Airport Motel? Share your experiences!