“Almost perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Herschel Street

You added Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Herschel Street to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Herschel Street
43 Herschel Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Almost perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've stayed in a one-bedroom serviced apartment for two nights, located in CBD in a striking skyscraper of which the top floors are still under construction. The place is in convenient walking distance from Roma St Railway Station (direct trains to the airport).
The reception staff in the spacious lobby was very polite and welcoming.
Everything in this new property is shiny and of best quality. My apartment on 13th floor offered a fantastic view of the river and the city. The bedroom was not very large, and a chair would have come handy. The sleep quality was excellent thanks to the great bedding and the silence in the room. The bathroom had one small washbasin and a shower, no tub though, but I found this fine for single occupancy.
I didn't use the kitchen or the washer / dryer. Laundry service was provided at typical hotel rates (shirt AUD 8.50).
There was WiFi in the room (included in my rate); its speed was sufficient for emails etc.
As I didn't make my own breakfast I went to Alen's around the corner on George St.
Next time in town I would definitely rent again a serviced apartment here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MSABrisonHerschelSt, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Herschel Street, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear global_freq_traveler

Thank you for sharing your experience at Meriton Serviced Apartments with the Trip Advisor community. I was pleased to read your post and that we could provide you with comfortable accommodation and customer service that allowed you to just stay and relax.

We would love to welcome you back when next you stay in Brisbane and maybe ny then we will have opened our new apartments from level 65 - 74 top floor!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
Wanaka, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Top quality in top location. Outstanding decor. Problem with parking at the moment is the only real negative. Otherwise superb value. Service is excellent. Includes 1Gb wifi per day. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pygoscelis

Thank you for sharing your experience at Meriton Serviced Apartments with the Trip Advisor community. I was great to read your comment and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location allows our guests to experience Brisbane's attraction within walking distance. I am sorry our car park is not ready yet but we are working hard to have it opened ASAP.

We would love to welcome you back when next you stay in Brisbane and maybe our car park will be open by then.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great room just love the cube!! So much space and so open.
Great location close to all the sights.
Great shower...just love a good shower and great products...
Great service...so friendly and professional.
Even though the building works are happening it didnt intrude on my stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Silvia O

Thank you for sharing your experience at Meriton Serviced Apartments with the Trip Advisor community. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and i agree with shower comment they are awesome! and the cube apartments are such a great idea and one of our most sold apartments allowing guests to open sliding doors to the bedroom to open the apartment right up or close for privacy.

We would love to welcome you back when next you stay in Brisbane

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

i booked a one bedroom for 5 nights and it was great. The location is the best of thing. Close to ROma station so upon arrival you have a few meters to walk and easy to get to the airport.

The building was not fully complete when we stayed so there a bit of banging noise during the daytime but it was still tolerable.

While this is a serviced apartment I have to say the standard of cleaning service is not consistent. Our cleaning lady was not as fastidious about details and I am a bit of a neat freak.
One day she left the cleaning rug in the sink. The next day I deliberately left some shreds of tissue in the laundry are to check if she would sweep it and she only swept the the ones in teh hallway and left the rest in the laundry are closet. That was a bit slap dash for my taste.

Room Tip: The one bedroom has a big lving room ideal for young kids to romp around
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear bangandlucas

Thank you for sharing your experience at Meriton Serviced Apartments with the Trip Advisor community. I was happy to read that overall you enjoyed the apartments and your stay with us. I would like to thank you for bringing our lapse in cleaning standards to my attention. A clean apartment is of the utmost importance to all staff at the property as it is the business we are in. We will ensure we meet with our staff and highlight your points to them and that it is not acceptable.

Mount Isa, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My Partner and I booked a weekend away in Brisbane to get away from the dusty outback. Since the flights cost so much, we looked for cheap accommodation and found Herchel St Mertion. I have stayed in Broadbeach Meriton before and our stay was awesome!! got off the train at Roma street from the airport, I kind of knew where it was, did a short walk and saw it around the corner.
we got there and welcomed perfectly with a swift check it and upgraded room to keep us away from the noise of construction, even though we were 100% prepared for it (that's why we got a heavy discount on the internet introduction to the new hotel) the room was gorgeous and clean. we had a great stay only a short walk to the main shopping street malls. the only 2 things I remember was putting my towels bak on the racks again for use but cleaners took them anyway (bit of a greeny) and the buttons on the toilet were a bit sitcky and toilet lid loose- but don't mind as I knew it was new everything!!I would definitely recommend and stay here again. coming from the hospitality industry every where I go whether its café, restaurant or hotel I am very picky and particular but this hotel was awesome!!

Room Tip: we were kindly upgraded to a 1 bedroom from a cube.(due to construction) The room was roomy with ev...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Faith M

Thank you for sharing your experience at Meriton Serviced Apartments with the Trip Advisor community. I was thrilled to read that after your dusty trip in the outback we could provide some comfortable and relaxing accommodation that allowed you easy access to Brisbane's city attractions. I treat all guest feedback as a way for us to improve the service and standards we offer to all our guests and we will see to the bathroom issue you have highlighted for us.

If you are staying in Brisbane in the future we would love to welcome you back .

Rockhampton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The apartments, while still under development were very clean and modern with all facilities provided. Staff were very friendly and helpful both on arrival and departure. Close to transport and the CBD makes this the ideal location for both business and leisure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Les K

Thank you for sharing your experience at Meriton Serviced Apartments with the Trip Advisor community. It was great to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could provide the accommodation to allow you to just relax and enjoy yourself.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

On arrival i was greeted by 2 very friendly and helpful gentlemen, Jordan and Craig. They were so helpful and super nice, they made me feel I was staying with friends and not staying in some generic hotel. they were helpful in every way, so thank you to the both of you and i look forward to seeing you on my next visit.

Now the room - I stayed in a one bedroom city view apartment and may i say it was amazing!!!!!! views were fantastic. Had a full kitchen and washer and dryer. everything was new and had no worries with using anything. The pool and sauna are was great and loved using it throughout my stay.

I will be recommending your hotel to all of my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MSABrisonHerschelSt, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Herschel Street, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Annie H

Thank you for sharing your experience at Meriton Serviced Apartments Herschel St with the Trip Advisor community. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that both Jordan and Craig helped you out, i have passed your comments to the guys and they were so grateful. I am glad we could provide accommodation that allowed your stay to be comfortable and enjoyable.

Hotel Manager

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Herschel Street? Share your experiences!