“Cheap, cheerful, fresh and tasty - worth a drive” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #277 of 2,980 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese, Caribbean, Healthy, Malaysian
Brisbane, Australia
“Cheap, cheerful, fresh and tasty - worth a drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I found this little place through friends. I had driven past a few times and seen their signs but hadn't thought to stop. However, on recommendation from a friend we decided to check it out. I am so glad we did. The food, which in the evening is Malaysian and Japanese, is cooked freshly for you as you wait. So don't expect a fast takeaway. But waiting a few extra minutes is well worth it to get freshly cooked and tasty food.

The service is very friendly as it is run by a husband and wife team. He is Malaysian and is the cook while she is English.

The best part of the Roti-i-roll is the good value for money. Most main dishes are around $10 and you get a lot of fresh, tasty food for this price. I have tried several dishes and all of them have been sublime. I find myself going there at least once a week these days.

During the day they do Caribbean food, primarily the 'Roti roll' the place is named after - basically a wrap with freshly cooked fillings. This is also quite tasty although I do prefer the evening meals.

You can dine-in if you choose or takeaway.

Highly recommended for anyone who appreciates good value, quality food. Check it out!

• Visited January 2013