“We will be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JK Restaurant

JK Restaurant
CNR Station Road & Riverview Terrace | Indooroopilly, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Website
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
brisbane
“We will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed with this family run restaurant. We ordered a tandoori platter to share to start. The chicken, lamb & samosa were all very tasty & well cooked. We had chicken vindaloo and chicken Korma curries with rice for mains. Both were a good size and came out with just the right amount of spice as requested. The accompanying garlic naan bread was some of the best we have had. Now we have found this place we will definitely be back

Brisbane, Australia
“Five star Indian restaurant experience at Indooroopilly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Walking past this restaurant, the certificate displayed in the window showing 5 stars in the Eat Safe award given by the Brisbane City Council for cleanliness attracted my attention. Originally, I had planned to go to Toowong Village for lunch. From the outset, I was warmly welcomed.

While I haven't yet experienced dinner there, what I ate convinced me I should return and I have been announcing as such to friends. I often go to Indian restaurants expecting a sameness in the food, but the first mouthful here was a "wow" experience: this was much, much more than "ordinary". I had stumbled on a family business where the owners had immense pride in producing good, wholesome, quality food with exceptional taste.

Quizzing Sanjay, the owner, on his background, I learned he had worked as a Head Chef in a very well known 5 star Brisbane city hotel. This, alone, attests to the skill he possesses and transfers to food in his Indooroopilly restaurant. He and his wife display immense pride in their business. I was further told that all the staff was fully trained and no frozen food was ever used in this restaurant. To me this added another "wow" about this suburban eatery. I was shown where they made their naan bread, etc. and,no surprise, it was spotlessly clean.

JK Restaurant, open for lunch Mon to Fri and dinner 7days a week, is just a short walking distance from the Westfield Shopping Centre and also the train station. It is BYO.

I have chanced upon a gem in the suburbs. I am certainly pleased to have visited and experienced both the quality of the food and the hospitality.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“An underwhelming experience of rather bland food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The starters were not only bland but almost inedible: rubbery chicken and chewy, gristly lamb chops.
The mains we ordered- a chicken curry and a Goan fish curry- were passable, but nothing extraordinary; they were rather bland, not exciting at all.
The side cheese/spinach naan was just very oily and rather tasteless as well.
On the plus side, staff are polite and welcoming. That is why I am giving 3 stars, and not 2, which is what the food is worth to me.
I am disappointed that my local Indian isn't a bit better, as I would go more often in that case.

• Visited December 2012