“Great food and location” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Came here before going to a show at the QPAC. Food was superb. We had the corned beef, chicken and market fish. Would have rated the experience excellent if our server had been more professional. She quickly rattled off the special and the accompaniments for the corned beef when she came to our table. Then left to get our drinks. When she returned, my friend asked again about the corned beef. Her reply, "I already told you them." It would have been simple and more polite to repeat.
To her benefit she did make sure we got out in time for the show.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Loved the food ... Every single bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed an exquisite four plates and two exqusite desserts. Whilst the allocated wait staff member wasn't brilliant, I can't wait to return. It only needs a little bit of service enhancement to ensure the WOW factor the brilliant roofed deserves.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Quite possibly the worst dinner and service ever experienced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've never experienced a meal as poor and service equally so. I've never complained or posted about a dining experience no matter how good or bad until now.

The restaurant looks nice and things started well with regards to service, and then it went wrong. Really wrong.

Had the snails with garlic herb & pernod butter to start which were bland at best. Didn't taste hardly any garlic. Didn't taste much of anything to be honest.

Then had the pork belly and scallops, black pudding, spiced milk, anise roasted pear. The black pudding was a horrible flavourless smear, and the cracking from the pork belly was like eating a dog chew. If you've ever smelt one, that's what it tasted like.

For main had the wagyu beef, potato rostie, mushrooms, asparagus and red wine jus and this is were the evening went really wrong. What a waste of wagyu. It was a rock hard puck. When asked how it was my friend said that it was tough. The response was "fantastic, fantastic" before the waiter then scarped. We didn't see him again.

A new waitress then took care of us, LOL! We asked for the manager three times to complain about her and the food and no one came, and all we got were rude responses. No one cared until it was time to pay the bill (we left the tip of "don't be so rude and learn how to cook a steak"). Attention to topping up wine etc, we'll we didn't see anyone and did it all ourselves.

We then went to Stokehouse across the way for desert. A team who really care about service and what they do. Great food, atmosphere and attention to detail. Go there, not here.

A truly awful dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Great location, lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I really can't understand the negative reviews about service at Aquitane. There were 3 of us lunched there 9 days ago, and all staff were welcoming, courteous, friendly and efficient. Our waiter, John, regularly (but not so often as to be annoying) visited our table to ensure everything was to our liking, and timed the serving of our courses exactly as we wanted. All other waitstaff were equally friendly and efficient. The food was delicious, and the chef prepares the best bouillabaisse this side of France. My friends and I were more than happy with our lunch and will certainly visit again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Six of us ate here for dinner on a Tuesday night. The food was delicious and the service excellent. My main was around $38 - I had a delicious steak, cooked perfectly. Considering I have paid more for rubbish steaks in much less salubrious venues in Rockhampton and Broken Hill - this really is not over priced. We had some delicious French wines as well... and dessert was amazing. I can't wait to return.

• Visited November 2013