“The best pizza!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Italy
“The best pizza!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Finally pizza with the real Italian taste. Good atmosphere and service. If I will be back in Brisbane I definitely come back!

• Visited April 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“Certainly a restaurant for multiple visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had dinner in a large group of friends. As opposed to some places where the restaurant has trouble coping with a group, Colle Rosso was superb. Staff were friendly, efficient and informative. Meals came quickly; were generous; and very tasty.

Before our mains, my wife and I shared the entrée sized Calamari Fritti. This could have been a meal in itself.

Everyone cleaned their plates. No wonder: the food was delicious. So, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had ravioli and others had pizza, both were very tasty. The pizza base was great and the combination of toppings was delicious. The ravioli was also delicious, especially the creamy sauce. The service was a bit slow but the great food made up for it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australia
“Colle Rosso - Wonderful Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had dinner with family members at the restaurant on a Saturday night - we chose it because it was near where our nephew lived, but none of us had been there before. The choice was truly serendipitous.
The food was simply divine - beautifully fresh, perfectly cooked and seasoned, and impossible to fault. The service was genuinely friendly and helpful, and the restaurant had a cheerful, relaxed and unpretentious atmosphere. Portions were sensibly generous and delicious!
If you like Italian food, you'll enjoy this restaurant - the meal was one of the best we have had for a long time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“SORT OF BUT NOT QUITE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We'd just come back from Italy (I know that sound pretentious but it sets the scene for expectations) and with me craving a plate of pasta in the typical Italian style, we thought this might be the place as we'd read some favorable reviews and after all it's run by Italians. No arguments with the decor or the delightfully warm and effusive attention of the young waitress from the north of Italy...that got things off to a good start. Then came the food. My wife had ordered a pork dish which was delicious, but my pasta was a let down. Not so much in terms of flavor (though there was a lot going on there rather than classic simplicity), but it was the sheer quantity of sauce. I had become accustomed to the minimalist approach to sauce that appeared to be the rule all over the country and here was my pasta swimming in a pond of it in what I've found seems to be the "Aussiefication" of pasta presentation. I can see my fellow countrymen breaking the spirit of Italian restaurateurs by complaining "not enough sauce mate" and so begins the corruption of good intentions. Maybe I've got it wrong but I don't expect to need a spoon to finish up the sauce on my plate of pasta. We spied a pizza going to another table and it looked good from a distance, so on the strength of the pork and (possibly) the pizza we might give it another shot...just not the pasta.

• Visited October 2013