“Disappointed in the desserts” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brisbane, Australia
“Disappointed in the desserts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Hubby and I ate here on Saturday night. Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. We sat outside where we 'enjoyed' the smell of popcorn from the Dendy Cinemas right next door. The lighting made reading the menu a little difficult. (Could be solved by using a different font on the menu.) We ordered the chicken stuffed with lobster and the barramundi. Both dishes arrived in a timely manner and were tasty. Serves were a good size. We then ordered the strawberry tart and ginger and date baklava for dessert. Dessert was supplied in an appropriate time, but both desserts were rather disappointing. The tart shell was tough, tasteless and too thick to break with a fork and the ginger in the baklava drowned other flavours.
The online menu needs updating.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Outstanding food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Our experience at Manx restaurant today was very good. The 3 of us each had entree and main.
Entrees were Mussels (very good) Duck (excellent) squid (excellent)
Mains 2 x Chicken (excellent) 1 x Lamb (very good) service was good and staff were really nice
Prices were reasonable and good portion size. Would definately return

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Queensland
“Not like it used to be!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We have dined at Manx a number of times over the years. It used to be a high end experience with amazing food.

Last night our waitress didn't tell us the specials (after overhearing another table I was able to change my order to get the special), didn't offer us dessert and we had to flag someone down to get our bill.

The food remained amazing though, really lovely, but the service really let the place down.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Lovely Meal at Manx Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went to Manx restaurant at Portside last week on a weeknight and had a really lovely meal. The food was delicious. We had entree, main, and shared 2 desserts. Servings are a good size and beautifully presented. I had a chicken breast stuffed with lobster that was mouthwatering. The service from the two young men who served us was very good, not intrusive and with good timing. Manx is a nice restaurant with a good atmosphere. They have specials of 2 courses with a glass of wine for $45 on week nights which we did not have, but would be good value. I will certainly go back again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“What a let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have just been overseas for two months. Before I left, I arranged a special brunch at Manx to catch up with family and friends on my return. I booked online over two months ago but received no conformation. So I rang them before I left Australia and checked. Yes, the booking had been received and all was in order.

I arrived back late last night and went to Manx at 9.30am this morning as planned. I arrived early and waited for the restaurant to open... And waited ... And my family and friends arrived ... and waited. Eventually we realised it was not going to open. A quick look at the website confirmed it no longer opened Sundays! Brunch is now only available Saturdays.

How embarrassing! All my guests and nowhere to brunch!! Manx let me down badly.

Visited June 2013