“Awful Service” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Milton Motel Apartments to your Saves list
Milton Motel Apartments
Milton Motel Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Sheehan St | Milton, Brisbane, Queensland 4064, Australia   |
Ranked #154 of 165 hotels in Brisbane
“Awful Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is convenientantly located and moderately priced for what it is. I have stayed here a couple of times. The rooms can be quite dirty i.e. they need a good dust etc but it doesn't pretend to be anything its not in this regard so that doesn't bother me too much. What does bother me is the owners/proprieters. They are so awful its almost comical. They should not be dealing with the public on any level and are indeed so bad that they would deter people from staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We arrived to check in, we weren't greeted, instead we were just askied what name. Our booking wasn't able to be located, even though I had rung earlier in the week to confirm the book. The book was entered under the wrong date even though I had book the right date and asked about that date when confirming. We were asked why we were in Brisbane, we said we were going to see a band, which then prompted a response of "We have a no partying policy here", thinking he was joking I laughed it off saying I didn't know what that means and he replied "no noise after 10pm, I have security".

We finally got to our room, we were SO uncomfortable. I have never felt so unwelcome to stay somewhere. I would say the experience was similar to staying at a family members house who hated you and didn't want you to be staying with them. Except we had to pay to stay here.

The room was okay, but not worth the price. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a weekend in Brisbane, we checked in at 7 at night, walked into the front area so called reception, to be greeted by a little dog looking like he was going to bite us. Then the manager dressed in casual clothes with no name badge came out to check us in, we didn't even get greeted with a hello how are you. Nothing. All he asked was for the last name. Handed over a piece of paper and said to sign in. We got to the room key and then he followed us out. He questioned us as to why there was 5 people, we said one was only having drinks for the night but asked what the cost was for an extra person he wouldn't even tell us, he demanded the key back and said he would refund our money, after a heavy argument, we gave the key back and he gave us a refund. I then said how to I get my money back and he said u have to call wot if(the booking site) I rang them, and no refund can be given for 5 working days. What were we meant to do with no money at 8pm in Brisbane. Luckily we had enough money to book a much nicer hotel. Don't even waste time looking at the site for bOoking it. They are very rude! The hotel smells as soon as u walk into reception!

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are run down and dirty. Curtains so badly eaten by moths they don't do anything to keep the sun out. Amenities and kitchen utensils are very minimal. Had our room cleaned once in a month stay. The walls are so thin you can hear conversations next door. But what really takes the cake is how rude and unprofessional the manager is. Asked for the simplist things such as toilet paper and he acts as if you are robbing or exploiting him. Is always demanding that you do not use the air con. There are never any carparks available and all the cars parked there are suspiciously all qld plates, never see a rental or interstate plate. When you are a paying guest you expect to be able to use amenities and facilities.

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at the apartments recently and was confronted by the problem of getting a car space and needing to park on the curb side. The motel wasn't fully booked, so I couldn't imagine why a car spot would be so difficult.

Manager was rude and reception staff unhelpful. One night stay was enough.

I have recommended to my friends that they stay well away from any apartments on Sheehan Street Milton.

Room Tip: Cheap accommodation if you don't have a car and like basic facilities.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for around 6 weeks in Sept/Oct and was initially concerned because of the comments on Trip Advisor (nearly cancelled). However, I'm pleased I didnt. The place is in a brilliant location, close to the train station (and I didnt find the noise from the train excessive), close to Park Road and Suncorp Stadium. Add to that I had a fantastic city view which I didnt expect from a room at this price!
I didnt find the Manager rude at all, he had a sense of humour and we got on really well.
The rooms were very clean and regularly serviced which was something I didnt expect as I was on a longer term stay (other places I've stayed for a number of weeks have been serviced once a week only).

For the facilities, the view and the location I would have expected to pay a lot more than I did.

One point to note, however, is that there are 3 different buildings in the complex and it appears that they are of different standards & different price ranges. I was staying in St Tropez and would have no problems in recommending this accommdation to anyone.

Room Tip: I would definately book in St Tropez
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cooroibah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Milton for 2 nights. I had no problem with the manager, my booking or my studio. The train noise is not noticable and did not keep me awake, (and I come from the country where there is NO noise at night). Again this looks like people who expect to get Hilton service and facilities without paying for them. The studio was slightly dated. However it was clean and had most things you need to self cater. Maybe some of the folk who found the manager rude or uncommunicative should try talking to him about something he is interested in - he can be quite animated. The Milton is 2 minutes walk from Milton station and 2 train stops from Toowong where there is a good supermarket, etc right at the station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Milton Motel Apartments? Share your experiences!