“A Bad Stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #149 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
“A Bad Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

A studio apartment turned into a two bedroom soaking wet carpet unit that reaked of mildew. Reception didn't really care or offer any compensation. I'll do my homework better when staying at a motel or resort

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Well We never got to stay there, thankfully. Rude manager and lying receptionist. How can any motel change a booking from two rooms to a two bedroom appartment without consulting the client. Also price quoted was suddenly changed! Ended up staying at Central Cosmo motel. And we are going back in three weeks. Cosmo is a great motel with fantastic staff, including the cleaners.

• Stayed April 2012
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

As a regular traveller to Brisbane for work, we thought we'd try this place due to its location, minutes away from Park Rd, Lang Park and work. Plus it's cheaper than our normal places - Cosmo or Sebel. The manager was unhelpful and questioned us on whether we would need our allotted parking space - we suspected he rented it out as a daily parking spot.
The facilites where basic, we had a dishwasher and washing machine but found there was an extra charge for detergent. The utensils provided were basic and need replacing.
After every service the patio doors, which lead out to the street, were left open. Not great for security!
I would recommend spending a bit more and staying somewhere more comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are happy with a budget apartment and byo everything, this is it!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I had this apartment booked for me through work and I was pretty scared after reading the previous reviews. I am happy to report that "Basil" appears to no longer work there - the two owners - David and his wife - are lovely and friendly. It's more of a relaxed bed & breakfast environment rather than a professional hotel/apartment, but that suited me fine. The room itself was spacious but very old and needed maintenance/cleaning - the walls had cracks in them, there were stains on the linen and the cutlery/crockery were dirty. I think this is because patrons are expected to wash their own dishes or you incur a cleaning fee - and by the looks of things no one had washed them in a very long time! The location is good, right near Park Road which has lots of restaurants and not far from Coronation Drive... but it is right next to the train tracks so it gets quite noisy. Overall, it's a lovely little place but it needs maintenance and an upgrade.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

After I had already booked I read the previous reviews. I was somewhat concerned at what I read. All the poor comments must have worked. I found David pleasant enough with a strange sense of humor, but okay. The room was clean enough although not the best set up, still no probs. wifi worked although a bit ratty over the IPad. Milton has nice restaurants and an excellent beer cafe. Easy walking distance to Suncorp. All in all great value and my wife and I will stay there again.

Pat G Canberra.

• Stayed March 2012
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

In January I booked a studio apartment with these guys for 3 nights in late march. 2 weeks before arrival I asked for some details about the accommodation : how many people can sit round the dining table. How many can sit on the lounge suite.They sent an email to say that they were fully booked.

When I queried whether one of those bookings was mine, they said no, my booking had been cancelled. This they did without telling me. Had I not asked for some details, I'd have turned up and found that I was without accommodation.

Is this the way Brisbane does business? Well, not in my experience. I booked imediately with Spring Hill Mews.I have always found Spring Hill Mews Apartments to be well appointed, well managed and attractive, Ive always been able to invite firends for dinner there. The people there are courteous efficient and have a high standard of ethics.

I strongly recommend Spring Hill Mews.

Room Tip: Go to Spring Hill Mews.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Lismore,NSW
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Had a booking for family function last weekend, booked two months ago, confirmed twice with David(manager) by phone, when we arrived fill in manager said no booking was made in our name, and David was unavailable. Sorry, too bad! No effort to help us was made.
When we calmed down, we found a very pleasant ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATION in Park Road Milton, Central Cosmo Apartments, weekend rates are quite cheap.
The location of Milton Motel Apartments may be the only positive, the bad management is not worth the anxiety! Family members that did have a room for the weekend mentioned the filthy state of their rooms!
If I had read the very negative reviews I wouldn't have booked with Milton Motel Apartments.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Milton Motel Apartments? Share your experiences!