I stayed at this motel as a result of a booking from work. The location is central to Brisbane City and well positioned to restaurants.
My first impression of the premises was not positive. I thought it looked dated and more of a backpacker-style.
After more reflection, this is a very tidy motel. Certainly not five star, but comfortable. My bed was comfortable, and most importantly the room and the hallways were very clean.
I was, however, kept wake or woken during the night due to traffic as my room faced the roadway and it was quite noisy. There is a pub across the road, but there was no noise from there although I did stay on a Wednesday and Thursday night, not the peak Friday or Saturday nights.
The elevator is amazing in a bad way. It feels like it drops when it stops and really knocks you around. It feels like it is hanging from a thread and feels very unsafe.
The basement car park is not secure, that is, anyone can access the carpark from the road. There are no security gates.
The ladies on reception were very friendly, however i was disappointed I had to pay $15 extra to leave my car there another two hours after checking out - especially considering checkout time is 10am and there is a 4 hours gap for checking in at 2pm. Plus the carpark was not full.
Breakfast was at the onsite Alexander's restaurant. Continental breakfast was very good with plenty of cereal choices, toasts, coffee, teas, fruits, yoghurt . Bacon and scrambled eggs were very delicious. There were, however, two small buckets in the dining room on the floor that appeared to be for water leaks. The restaurant was very clean otherwise and pleasant to dine in. The young female assistant service the cooked breakfast was very pleasant.
It was not my choice of motel. I would stay there again, however I would check out other options as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-story Motel situated a few blocks from the commercial & entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Metropolitan Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Motor Hotel Brisbane
- Metropolitan Hotel Brisbane