“One aspect I find annoying of otherwise a nice motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18 MacGregor Street (Cnr Logan Road) Upper Mount, Brisbane, Queensland 4122, Australia   |
Ranked #40 of 161 hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“One aspect I find annoying of otherwise a nice motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Colleagues and myself have been staying here on business for literally years. Service is good, location and rooms are good. We have always enjoyed ourselves.
Recently this motel has undergone a change in bed linen. Previously there was a top and bottom sheet and a blanket(s) on each bed. Now there is a bottom sheet and a doona; no top sheet. If your side of the bed is warmer than your partners, once you throw the doona off there is nothing to cover yourself with lightly ... there are of course the blankets in the cupboard but we don't like them against bare skin.
Perhaps we are just old fashioned, but we did like that top sheet. Regulating bed temperature was easier by just adding or taking off a blanket; now its all or nothing

Room Tip: Opposite side to the car-park seems quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Kelpied

I appreciate the feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

Thank you, without guest's offering constructive criticism, I am unable to take action. As pointed out, we have moved to doonas minus a top sheet (European Style) and has been met with mixed reactions. I am currently correlating and hope in the near future that top sheets will become standard, however are available on request at all times.

Kelpied, moving forward, please at time of reservation request a top sheet and our team will organise with housekeeping.

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I booked a room here online so didn't receive any directions. When you know how to find the place it is a hidden Gem. Reception were very friendly quick check in and great attitude. Room was exceptionally clean and quiet and everything worked. Nice bed great linen and fluffy towels. The location is fairly central to everything on Brisbanes Southside. On a weekend when anything comparable was $180 plus we found the value great at $130. We are a fan and we'll stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Colin S

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback regarding your stay at Travelodge Garden City.

The team strives at all times to exceed the guest's expectations and from your comments I am pleased to hear they excelled on this occasion.

Colin S, I look forward to welcoming you back when next you travel our way.

Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

One would hope that being booked by a travel agent, with half a dozen work colleagues staying at the same time, with previous history at this hotel one would not be booked right next door to the elevator. Not happy and hence the poor rating. Australian Hotels and repeat guests must be treated with respect. It was noisy, loud and lead to a lack of sleep.

That being said its a very good hotel but I had a poor experience.

A very good hotel in that the 'extra's are no existent or limited' no room service, in room dining, mini bar, or decent wifi at a fair price.

That being said the room size, bedding, bathroom, tv, pillows and staff are excellent and I have no problems in that regard.

But a bit of care for business travelers. One expects better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sleepy_Holidays

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent return stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I appreciate all comments made and am pleased I was able to update your profile and advise in writing previously, our action moving forward for your return stays.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in a double bed room for $129. The bed was pretty comfortable :) In the room there is a small fridge, microwave, small table and two chairs, a tv and a bathroom. We were very happy with the rooms cleanliness and felt we couldn't have got much better value for our money. There is a mini cafe/restaurant down stairs that does breakfast at a cost. Only 15 mins out of the city, close to a train/bus station and also only a 5 minute walk to a large Westfield shopping complex. Enjoyed out stay and would recommend for the price :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Cass94

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

Travelodge Garden City stands by its mantra, friendly, clean and value for money, so I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and would recommend to others.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a lovely clean and comfortable hotel. It is also great value for money. There is a bus stop right outside the front door of the hotel and $7 will get you into the city centre, its about 15 mins away.

We were not expecting what we got. The rooms are lovely and spacious, it has a fridge, microwave,etc. the basic essentials that you need to have a nice breakfast in the morning and a snack in the evening. There is a laundry service in the lobby, computers with good internet speed and also some vending machines for snacks and ice creams.

Unfortunately everywhere was booked up the few days we were in Brisbane, so we had to stay in alternative accommodation the last 2 nights, but I definitely preferred the Travelodge to anywhere else we stayed in Brisbane.

We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Brisbane.

Room Tip: We didn't have any noise issues and we were on the 2nd floor so any room would be nice to stay i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tara418

I thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

All comments made are greatly appreciated, not only by myself but the team as well. My team at all times strives to exceed the guest's expectations and I am very happy this has occurred.

I do look forward to welcoming you back, when next you travel our way.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

PROS
* Foxtel and flat screen panel TVS
* modern decor
* bar fridge and microwave
* comfy beds
* a bit of a walk to Garden City Shopping Centre and several dining choices: Hogs Breath, Toscanis, Beach Club, an Irish pub etc

CONS
* $25 charge for Internet use in your room - unsatisfactory in 2013
* on site breakfast a bit pricey

That said, one of the nicest hotels on Brisbane's southside. Easy access to Gold Coast freeway.

• Stayed June 2013
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Ozeeboy

I understand and empathise regarding the charges for internet, $11.95 for 1hr, $19.95 for 24hrs etc, there is however the option of a coin operatored internet cafe as well as 15 minutes free internet in the lobby every 24hrs.

Moving forward we are trying to minimise the costs to guests for the in room internet.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Travelodge Garden City so we could visit Brisbane. The room was nice and comfortable with a view on the parking though... Bathroom also nice but not that clean... The parking is free which is very appreciated. It's a bit long too reach Brisbane CBD but direct with a bus.
The very negative point for me was that I booked online and was charged twice. I discovered it because my card was declined when I did shopping. When I asked the receptionist she said to me I'll get my money back within the night but when I checked the following day, it wasn't done. I actually had to wait 6 days to receive the money back!! What was the most shoking was that I didn't get any apologies or commercial gesture although this mistake really put me in a bad situation....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Gabouche

I understand and empathise with your frustration due to the duplicate charge to your credit card, this was purely human error. Your same day of arrival reservation dropped into our hotel system and both the front desk and reservations team members actioned the booking at the same time. Immediately realising this had occurred, a refund was processed on your credit card. I am very surprised to hear that it took six (6) days to process, when the action was done in-line with the actual charge and for this I apologise for all the inconvenience caused.

I understand my Senior Duty Manager spoke to yourself at the time to clarify/explain what had occurred.

Based upon this incident, procedures have been reviewed to avoid any reoccurrence.

Should you wish a further review, please do not hesitate to contact myself via the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane? Share your experiences!