“Noisy and disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Point Brisbane Hotel

You added The Point Brisbane Hotel to your Saves list
The Point Brisbane Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Lambert Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4169, Australia   |
Special Rate
Complimentary Upgrade
Ranked #11 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Queensland
“Noisy and disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We used a Cudo voucher for what was supposed to be a restful and relaxing weekend. Usually we stay at hotels in the city but we thought it would be great to give a new property a chance. Sadly, our dreams of a restful Saturday afternoon were destroyed by continual hammering and drilling. It continued till at least 4.00pm, despite our complaint to management and assurances that it would be all over by 3.00pm. That aside, the hotel is in a fairly poor location, requiring a cab ride to restaurants, shopping etc. The rooms were advertised as having "floor-to-ceiling" windows but we absolutely no view from the room (aside from into the apartment block next door). We didn't have a chance to check out the restaurant as it was closed. Luckily we had planned on dining elsewhere. All in all, a very disappointing experience. Even without the construction noise, it had the feel of a three star Travelodge. Next time, we'll go back to a tried and tested hotel in the city, where at least we'll be closer to the action.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Point is a regular stay on our list of business hotels.
Great location, Clean and modern rooms.
Very central and a short $10 cab ride to Southbank.
Very friendly staff and the hotel is spotless!!

I always look forward to staying at the point.

• Stayed July 2013
Fraser Coast, QLD, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

What a great little hotel, situated in a quiet street in Kangaroo Point, with easy access to the Gabba and the city. I spent last Saturday night there with my husband, on a $199 winter package. The package included deluxe room, late check-out, buffet breakfast, bottle of wine and cheese platter on arrival. Everything you could possibly want in your stay and excellent value for money. The accommodation was very nice; king bed, a couple of arm chairs, table and desk. Floor to ceiling windows with a view to the Brisbane River. The bathroom was very large and nicely appointed. Loved the massive walk-in shower. There was also a full size bath.
The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was great, a nice selection of fruit, cereal, hot food, pastries and bread and did not feel like it had been mass-produced.
Parking is onsite and secure and FREE! Leave the car there and use the free ferry service from Dockside to access the city and Southbank. I have stayed in a lot of city hotels in Brisbane and this is hands-down the best. I could fault nothing with this stay and will definitely stay here on future visits to Brisbane.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rarely do I review a hotel more than once... But this is the exceptin I must say. It has been a while since I stayed so it was a pleasant surprise to see that the reception staff were still as friendly as I remember, consistency is very evident here.

When I checked in I asked if my room had a bath as I needed to unwind with a glass of red wine post my hideous day and she informed me that I had been upgraded to the junior suite... Win!
The room was INCREDIBLE. twice the size of the standard room I am use too, the bed gave me the best 10 hours I have had in a very long time and the bath... Well the bath is by far one of the most attractive, spacious hotel baths I have had the pleasure of using in a very long time. The design of the bathroom was excellent, the somewhat egg shape of the bath proved a perfect fit for my 6'1 body and then some.

I have zero qualms with recommending this hotel for any visitor to Brisbane. Given it isn't central but they accommodate for this with a transfer into the city, near by complimentary ferry etc. I love this property, and I look forward to staying here again and again when work decide to send me to Brisbane. You're in for a spectacular rest and experience, I promise you!

Oh and for a hotel coffee is wasn't half bad, they use merlo which is a Brisbane based coffee group and I wasn't unimpressed by it let me tell you. Being from melbourne I have developed a sensitive tongue for good coffee and this one got my tick for a hotel brew :)

Room Tip: Room 519, the junios suite. You'll die and go to heaven. It's that simple!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Noosa Heads, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at The Point Hotel during a recent business trip to Brisbane. We dined in the restuarant for lunch and breakfast, good quality food. We had an executive suite, separate bedroom and lounge area. Not a huge room but sufficient for 2 people. Very comfy bed. Good parking.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the street, a little noisy in the morning with rubbish trucks.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

What a surprise find this is! Fantastic room layout, very spacious room with sitting area and fabulous bathroom. Lovely range of toiletries and nice little extras iphone docking alarm - a sure sign of someone who's thought about a room from the perspective of the business traveller. I'd recommend this place to anyone. A great stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The point hotel is brand new & modern. The rooms are huge and bathrooms are big too. I was there on business and used the desk area which was in a quiet location down the side of the bed. The hotel offered free water and has take away coffee down stairs. The staff are helpful and friendly. I enjoyed my stay here and would come here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Point Brisbane Hotel? Share your experiences!