“Convenient, economical and a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Urban Brisbane

You added Hotel Urban Brisbane to your Saves list
Hotel Urban Brisbane
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   345 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #57 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Convenient, economical and a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stay at the Hotel Urban over the Ekka Weekend and must say the hotel met all our needs and some. The room was a good size, with a view over the city and the Roma St gardens; with a good size and very comfortable bed. The price of the room was well below what seemed to be on offer at other hotels in Brisbane of a similar standard. We arrived on a Friday night and were delighted to see entertainment in their downstairs bar area, which certainly added to the atmospherics and everyone, including us seemed to be having a good time. The Hotel is very handy to the city centre, no more than 300m and you are in King George Square with access to all the shopping, restaurants, clubs and cinemas. South Bank is a 15 minute leisurely stroll, and longer if you stop for a coffee or bite to eat at one of the many cafe's and coffee shops tucked down the various laneways or drop into one of the Hotels for a light ale.
Back to the Hotel. The service was good, friendly and prompt. The only advice I would provide is be prepared if you drive a car for their car park. The cornering inside the car park is very tight and might challenge some larger cars (ie 4WD), however there were a couple of commodores parked right next to me.
All up, staying at Hotel Urban was a good experience and as I said, handy to everything.

P.S. Don't forget to go for a stroll through the Roma Street Gardens, they are beautiful.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Location is good, this is an old hotel that has been renovated.
I was there for two night for a family reunion in town.
When multiple family members booked on the same day we all got different prices.
When this was pointed out when at the hotel, I was rudely told "it pays to shop around".
Prices for some of my family were 40% cheaper!!!
I had booked directly with the hotel website.
I do not like being insulted like that.
They also charge for carparking, (unless you shop around), the carpark is very tight...do not attempt with a large car or SUV.....
The beds are OK but slide around a lot as they are on wheels.
Drinks at the bar downstairs are expensive for type of establishment.
I did not eat there but the menu was limited and overpriced.

It would seem that this hotel caters primarily for the business traveler, where its charged to the workplace and not ones own pocket, and weekends are a bonus

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I recently stayed here with my teenage daughter. We had a room with two double beds, which were very comfortable and the room was a good size. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly, and the housekeeping staff (who are often forgotten) always had our room very clean and tidy. We didn't have time to visit the restaurant, but we did have room service one night. The food arrived fairly quickly, and was hot and tasty. The hotel is a bit of a walk from the city and the valley, but pleasant enough. We were happy with the location, and the fact that the hotel was quiet. The only thing I didn't like was the carpark, it is very tight to get around in if you have a bigger car.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Toowoomba, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed recently for the ekka - and have stayed here previously. The hotel was certainly well priced on a deal that had been sent through. When booking, which was direct with the hotel - I requested a high floor if possible, nice view if possible and to be away from the elevators. While I don't necessarily expect to get these things, I had booked many weeks ahead and would have expected at least some of the requests to be met. Instead, we were on the lowest floor the hotel had to offer, and were at the closest room to the lifts (which admittedly we could not hear) and looked out onto the horrible, old brick hotel next door, straight into their rooms. Anywhere from mid level at this hotel would have not looked directly at the old hotel and afforded a better view, and the away from the lift request would not have been hard to arrange. Fair enough if I booked through one of the accommodation websites seeking the cheapest available room, but as I booked direct with the hotel and was a returning guest, I was quite disappointed at this level of service. It would have been so simple for them to do better.

Room Tip: You can try to choose, but as per my review, I would not hold my breath waiting for any request to b...

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We recently held our wedding reception in the panorama room of Hotel Urban. The rooms booked the for bridal party before/after the big day were excellent and the reception went off without a hitch. Food and drinks were great and the staff very helpful on the night. Needed to clarify a few things in the lead up to the wedding as this had been missed (room pricing, drinks package inclusions) however questions were always answered quickly and resolved easily. Very happy that we chose this venue.

Lisarow, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

What a fantastic and hassle free stay I had at Hotel Urban Brisbane. I arrived via my own transport and was very happy to have onsite parking. Check-in was a breeze and my room fantastic! Great views over Brisbane, super comfy bed (slept like a lizard flat out on on a rock), modern bathroom and great amenities within the room itself.

Location was fabulous just a stones throw from all the city centre but just far enough away from the noisy action so that when your day is done you feel like your home. Great cocktails and lovely al fresco dinning area overlooking Brisbane and a park.

Highly recommended for business, family stay or catching up with friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with City views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Invercargill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is a nice hotel. Atractive foyer, friendly reception staff. Comfortable room, very quiet and a really comfortable bed. Good shower and nice bathroom amenities. Restaurant has good indoor/outdoor seating and the eggs benedict were faultless with a generous serving of the best salmon I've ever had in Australia. The complimentary bottle of bubbly was a nice touch too. We caught the train from the airport to Roma Street - a 20 min trip and then a 3 minute walk (uphill) to the hotel. The return walk to the station, being downhill, is even quicker. Will happily stay there again next time we are visiting Brisbane.

Room Tip: Request a room high up and you won't hear the traffic.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Urban Brisbane? Share your experiences!