“Great price & location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Hotel South Bank

You added Riverside Hotel South Bank to your Saves list
Riverside Hotel South Bank
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   20 Montague St, Brisbane, Queensland 4101, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
10% OFF your stay
Ranked #25 of 110 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Mullumbimby, Australia
“Great price & location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I regularly stay at the Riverside when I visit Brisbane. It is right on Southbank & central to the Westend & CBD. Rooms are reasonable & clean, parking is free, staff helpful & overall is very good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your brief and positive comments.

I must say it is always a pleasure to see a regular guest walk in through the door, and your remarks just strengthen our will to provide you with an even better service next time around.

Thank you for that!

Please do not hesitate to make me your first point of contact at Riverside Hotel. I will be honoured to manage your bookings myself.

luiz@riversidehotel.com.au

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cooroibah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

First up - I paid a really cheap special rate to stay here so my comments need to be taken in that context. I recently spent a few nights in this hotel. I stayed there because of the location, whic is great, and the rate on offer at the time. I was given a ground floor room, (reflecting the cheap rate?), which with a damp carpet and a damp smell. It was dark and very poorly lit. I do admit it took me 2 days to figure out how to turn one of the bedside lights on. Opening the curtains was not really an option as the window faced directly onto a car park with people walking by. There were 2 cars nose parked right up to the window. The room was OK, clean, (apart from the damp), good bed, clean bathroom. At the time I stayed there the drink machine in the ground floor hallway appeared to be leaking which did not help the damp smell.
There is a restaurant in the hotel. It is very ordinary, (think country bowls club), and not great value. Walk to West End and have fun in one of the Cafes there.

Room Tip: Avoid staying on the ground floor so you can open your curtains
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much sharing your experience at Riverside Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see our rates and location were to your liking and suited you throughout your stay.

Riverside Hotel has always ensured that we have pictures and floor plans of all our rooms on each website we are advertised, so that nobody is under the wrong impression when they book a room with us. Furthermore, we also ensure that views are never displayed in any images, and have never advertised and/or guaranteed views so that none of our guests would feel mislead. Please allow me to advise as well that a guest does not have to pay more for a view, as you have implied, for we do not have any available.

If the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. That characterizes a nice hotel to me.

Usually, I outline to all guests that 95% of problems that guests have at Hotels can be solved straight away, by merely talking to a Manager. Should you encounter further problems such as these in any other hotel, please ensure to let the Manager know and I can assure you he or she will action and solve the problem on the spot for you. For instance, if the drink machine was leaking, we would have solved that problem in 5 minutes if we were made aware of the problem. If you were unhappy with your room, we would have gladly looked for another room on a higher floor for you. Sadly, we cannot find out that you are unhappy with your Room unless you let us know. At that point, we will gladly solve the problem, so that you do not have a bad stay and decide to “take revenge” with a bad review.

Murwillumbah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Wild weather, stranded in Brisbane. What to do? Go straight to the Riverside Hotel. Welcoming, friendly, clean pleasant room, great breakfast, easy undercover free parking. And all at a very competitive rate. Graham and Sue

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your sincere and optimistic review.

We are very happy to see that, even under the circumstances, you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We sincerely hope that everything is fine with your home, and that you had no problems on your journey back to your household.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back here at the Riverside, only this time, on a better occasion. Please be sure to contact myself directly, as it will be my pleasure to look after your booking myself.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you're looking for an accommodation that requires kitchen, living area and bedroom for a fair price you will not find anything so good as Riverside. 5 minutes walk from the CBD, walking distance to Suncorp Stadium and Milton business hub, 10 minutes walk from South Bank cinemas and restaurants this place is where I'll be checking in every time I'm in Brisbane.

Just as another differential, the staff of this place is awesome. We travelled with a young baby and all the facilities were taken care off so we could have the best time in Brisbane.

Thanks guys.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your remarkable feedback!

We were all exceedingly joyful upon reading your review. It is great to see guests that enjoyed their stay voice their experience like that.

I am glad to see that our location and price were suitable, and that our team has astounded you.

If I remember correctly, you were here during the cyclone that hit Queensland. I hope everything is fine with you and your family.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back at the Riverside. Please remember to get in touch with myself directly so that I may organize all details for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Room was obviously a recent refit so was pleased, the price was great and the location was excellent 5mins walk to anywhere !!!. Book your breakfast when you book in to get a better price ..15 dollars for a full buffet is rediculious nowadays ..not full on but definitely easy and good quality so do it when you check in ..on the bad side rooms dark and so are the corridors ..but beside that will stay again

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a positive and constructive feedback!

We have indeed recently redone a few rooms, and it is great to see they were to your liking.

We definitely appreciate your comments on the price and location, as well as your positive input on our breakfast. Our Restaurant Manager was most pleased to read your review, and has asked me to sincerely thank you.

We are working on getting brighter lights on our corridors, which are fully environmentally friendly.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and please ensure to contact myself directly whenever booking with us again.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great location. Service and food excellent. Rooms extremely comfortable. Situated in Southbank with all its wonderful attractions. Only 2 Blocks away from QPAC.Brisbane Museum directly across the road and all the other wonderful attractions associated with Southbank.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging and concise comments!

Feedback such as yours makes our day much more enjoyable, and it revitalizes our will to provide great service.

We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly to organize your next booking.

Gold Coast Qld
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Location is at Southbank Brisbane which is within easy walking distance of art gallery, museum, theatres etc and Southbank restaurants Free parking. Friendly staff. A bit tricky to find the entrance. Corridors are not airconditioned which is heavy going on a hot summer day. Breakfast is cheap but average. Romms are not large.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your productive comments!

I was very happy to see you have enjoyed your stay, that our location was to your liking and that you have found our team to be friendly.

We also sincerely appreciate constructive feedback, and I thank you for it.

Regarding the entrance, we are now in the process of developing a new website, which will display our exact location with interactive maps, in order to facilitate finding our entrance.

Despite the fact that I agree with you that the corridors should be air conditioned, we do not have any plans to air condition that area any time soon, due to the high cost of it.

I urge you to please understand that we serve a Full Buffett Breakfast, with the same items as the so called “5 star hotels” of Brisbane. The only difference is that we charge $15.00 per person instead of $28.00 per person. If you could please let me know what items were not to your liking and on what exactly we need to work on, we would be honestly very happy to look further into it.

Should you require a bigger room, we also have One Bedroom Apartments available.

Please be sure to let me know when you will require accommodation in Brisbane again, so that I may look into it myself.

luiz@riversidehotel.com.au

Been to Riverside Hotel South Bank? Share your experiences!