“Hotel is great altho breakfast spoiled it.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Sebel Brisbane

You added The Sebel Brisbane to your Saves list
The Sebel Brisbane
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Albert and Charlotte St, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #22 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Hotel is great altho breakfast spoiled it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The staff are friendly, housekeeping do a great job. Would be nice to have a small table and a couple of chairs on the balcony tho. Breakfast was a joke..........You need to label your yoghurt as the one i chose wasnt very nice. Also i ordered an ommlette and i was lucky to eat 2 mouthfuls, it was very greasy and oily. Also didnt have any flavour. This is the first time i have walked out from a buffett breakfast hungry. Also some soap in the bathroom to wash your hands would be good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear DonnaT1,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the issues raised, which quite obviously affected your experience of our hotel. In order to look into these further and to address you personally, I would be most grateful if you could kindly contact me via email as noted below.

KInd regards

H8778-GM@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The kitchenette floor was dirty and sticky. I cleaned the floor as clean as good as I could get it clean. We had dinner in the Palettes restraurant where we waited for over an hour for our dinner. After we placed our order we were told that the wait would be 20 minutes. But instead we waited for over an hour for our main meal. If we knew that we had to wait that long we would have gone somewhere for dinner there are enough places in the area where you can have a meal. We also noticed that some people walked out because of the delay ( we also thought about walking out, but that would not be nice for the Chef) When we did receive our meal our hunger was over.

Room Tip: Next time if we stay at Sebel Suites Brisbane, we would like to stay on the higher floors with A/C a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Antonia555888,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience and we apologise if some aspects were not up to our usual standard on this occasion. We naturally wish to follow up and find out more, so we can provide a suitable resolution for you, for which purpose we need to first check the date of your stay and the name the reservation was booked under. I would be most grateful if you could please contact me directly at the email address below and I can assure you of my personal attention.

Kind regards

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had stayed the previous night at a different hotel, whose beds were too soft.

We enquired at Sebel, who were able to provide a one bedroom apartment, with firm mattresses.

The apartment was clean, somewhat small kitchen, low ceilings (especially in the bathroom), but excellent firm beds.

Top location on the corner of Albert Street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Langhorne87

We're pleased you had a great night's sleep on our Sealy Posturepaedic beds, which are always popular with Sebel guests. We hope to see you again soon and many thanks for your review.

Kind regards

Tauranga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Fantastic location for all your city needs. The staff were very friendly & accommodating. We had a 1 bedroom apartment, with kitchen & spacious lounge area. Would be suitable for a long term stay.
The pool area ,was a lovely respite after a hot day out.
Special thanks to Alana, on the front desk,for helping us out with sight seeing tips etc & the lovely girls in the bar, for fun, friendly service. Would definitely stay again, on our next trip to Brisbane

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Hokimai

Thank you for your comments and we're pleased to hear our friendly team at the Sebel offered you great service and an enjoyable city break. We'll make sure Alana receives your comments and I know she will be delighted.

Warm regards

melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my 6 year old son for 2 nights. included was breakfast.
I thought the rooms were good and quiet and reasonably attractive. However the bathroom was old and needed refurbishing.
It is in a good location and the staff are nice in the reception too.Im always a positive reviewer normally but I need to express the following:
My most disappointing thing was the breakfast selection. I asked for a menu item on one of the mornings and the waitress told me they had "run out.", So I opted for another thing which was pretty basic salmon and eggs/ My son who is quite fussy asked for an extra serve of hash browns and was told by the same waitress that he could just have one as that was all the entitlement. I found that appalling as he did not have anything else from the menu.
the next morning I asked for the same waffles that I could not have the previous morning and the same waitress told me " they dont serve it as they couldnt get it in'??? What on earth that was supposed to mean I have no idea.
My argument is be honest with guests and dont lie the day before..even better take it off the menu!!! this is not a normal Sebel restaurant quality...they always make their own food and I am a regular at Sebel in the Yarra Valley in Vic and that place is amazing with their food I would have expected the same for a 4-5 star hotel.
I assume the cafe/restaurant is privately owned and attached to the hotel. Extremely poor service and attitude. I would not stay there again..Pool is also tiny!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear liam01

Thank you for your review. We're naturally concerned to hear that your breakfast experience was not up to our usual standard and that the team member you spoke with did not offer the flexibility which we expect of them. Though I am confident that this incident was an unfortunate exception, your feedback will assist me in following up with our team.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. If you are travelling to Brisbane again in the near future, I would be more than happy to arrange a suitable concession in light of this incident. Kindly contact me directly at the email address below.

Thank you once again for your helpful feedback.

Regards

H8778-GM@accor.com

Been to The Sebel Brisbane? Share your experiences!