“City Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sebel Brisbane

You added The Sebel Brisbane to your Saves list
The Sebel Brisbane
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Albert and Charlotte St, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #23 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Tauranga
“City Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Fantastic location for all your city needs. The staff were very friendly & accommodating. We had a 1 bedroom apartment, with kitchen & spacious lounge area. Would be suitable for a long term stay.
The pool area ,was a lovely respite after a hot day out.
Special thanks to Alana, on the front desk,for helping us out with sight seeing tips etc & the lovely girls in the bar, for fun, friendly service. Would definitely stay again, on our next trip to Brisbane

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Hokimai

Thank you for your comments and we're pleased to hear our friendly team at the Sebel offered you great service and an enjoyable city break. We'll make sure Alana receives your comments and I know she will be delighted.

Warm regards

Tom Bloomfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my 6 year old son for 2 nights. included was breakfast.
I thought the rooms were good and quiet and reasonably attractive. However the bathroom was old and needed refurbishing.
It is in a good location and the staff are nice in the reception too.Im always a positive reviewer normally but I need to express the following:
My most disappointing thing was the breakfast selection. I asked for a menu item on one of the mornings and the waitress told me they had "run out.", So I opted for another thing which was pretty basic salmon and eggs/ My son who is quite fussy asked for an extra serve of hash browns and was told by the same waitress that he could just have one as that was all the entitlement. I found that appalling as he did not have anything else from the menu.
the next morning I asked for the same waffles that I could not have the previous morning and the same waitress told me " they dont serve it as they couldnt get it in'??? What on earth that was supposed to mean I have no idea.
My argument is be honest with guests and dont lie the day before..even better take it off the menu!!! this is not a normal Sebel restaurant quality...they always make their own food and I am a regular at Sebel in the Yarra Valley in Vic and that place is amazing with their food I would have expected the same for a 4-5 star hotel.
I assume the cafe/restaurant is privately owned and attached to the hotel. Extremely poor service and attitude. I would not stay there again..Pool is also tiny!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear liam01

Thank you for your review. We're naturally concerned to hear that your breakfast experience was not up to our usual standard and that the team member you spoke with did not offer the flexibility which we expect of them. Though I am confident that this incident was an unfortunate exception, your feedback will assist me in following up with our team.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. If you are travelling to Brisbane again in the near future, I would be more than happy to arrange a suitable concession in light of this incident. Kindly contact me directly at the email address below.

Thank you once again for your helpful feedback.

Regards

H8778-GM@accor.com
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are standard business hotel fare.
The kitchenette is difficult to use if you want to do more than heat on the hob. There is no grill or oven, they do provide a convection microwave though.
There is no provisions to assist in cooking, salt, pepper and a can of spray oil would go a long way to helping the visitior.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear hagle

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after staying with us. We appreciate your comments about the kitchen facilities. Most travellers who use the kitchenette find that, whilst it is not designed as a full-function kitchen, the hot plate and convection microwave oven provide for most culinary needs. Unlike serviced apartments in some other locations, our kitchenettes are intended to augment the full service hotel options we also provide, such as 24 hour room service or our restaurant.

You raise an interesting point about 'kitchen basics' such as salt/pepper and cooking oil. Though these can be purchased at nearby shops and are not usually provided - even in standalone apartments, they may be something we consider stocking at the hotel in the future as a convenience to guests.

Once again, thanks for your feedback.

Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a great place! The people are fantastic, the location is great and the rooms were just what we needed.
We booked two rooms as on this trip we had friends and their toddler join us. The hotel gave us two rooms together - one was a studio room and one was a 1br room. IT was brillient - the rooms were side by side but in a corner - with a third door! We were able to leave both the room doors open and just close the thrid door - this was so helpful!
The studio room was a good size. The 1br room has a balcony plus a dishwasher, small kitchen and a washer/dryer. The living room was big enough for a porta cot and the sofa bed to be in use - still with room to walk around. The bedroom was also big enough to walk around when the porta cot was set up.
The location of this hotel is great for anything you want to do in the cbd area. You can walk to the mall in 2 blocks or 2 blocks to Eagle Street resturants (including the famous Aria)
The food is nice but there are so many other choices very close by!
The staff couldn't been more helpful. We had a small issue when making a reservation, but this was at the time when the hotel was changing to the Accor group - not only did it get sorted out quickly, the hotel manager emailed a few days later to ensure everything was sorted.

Room Tip: The car park can be a bit hard to see as it's not really well sign posted - when coming down Cha...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Marika V,

I am very pleased indeed to hear that your family had such a great experience staying with us and that the two bedroom suite format was ideal for your needs. It's also very nice to know that our team provided you with excellent service. We will naturally share these comments with them and I'm sure they will be delighted to receive this positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I found the hotel to be quiet (except the front room door banged closed). The service was excellent from the staff. Its location was perfect for me. I did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear WalterCarubbi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're pleased to hear that your visit was enjoyable and hope you will have the opportunity to try our restaurant on your next visit.

Tom Bloomfield

Been to The Sebel Brisbane? Share your experiences!