“Memorable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Brisbane Central

You added Sofitel Brisbane Central to your Saves list
Sofitel Brisbane Central
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   249 Turbot Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Sofitel Welcomes the AFC
Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Memorable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Service at Sofitel was of high standards , staff were efficient and very helpful and the club room facilities on 30th floor with delicious food and beverages were good value and quality . Our room was comfortably furnished and I am very happy to recommend Sofitel .

• Stayed August 2014
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Debbie B. I was delighted to read your review regarding the service offered by our staff and to learn that you would happily recommend our hotel. Thank you for posting a review and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Marcus Hanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

A brief stay is always a challenge but the Sofitel in Brisbane was memorable for the warm welcome upon arrival, easy access to the train station right below and the best steak sandwich & beer battered fries I have ever eaten! Well worth a visit

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tim M. Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us. The hotel’s central location direction above Central Station makes it very convenient for visitors and I am pleased that you found it easy to arrive at the hotel from the airport. I am also sure Chef Patrice and his Kitchen brigade will be delighted to read your comments on our steak sandwich and beer battered fries! Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Brisbane.
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

A hotel is at least half as good as its staff, and I hope management will pass on this rating to their wonderful staff. Professional, accommodating, neat and friendly. Can really make your stay! I stayed in a basic room. Neat and clean. Liked that you can shower but your mirror doesn't fog by the way! Nice thinking! My only comment would be street noise was quite obvious unfortunately. Absolutely perfect access to the hotel, straight on the train from the airport, arriving directly under the hotel (Central Station).

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear monandben08. Thank you for posting such a great review on Trip Advisor. I am always pleased to read comments such as yours regarding our staff and the service they offer and will be sure to share your feedback with everyone here at the hotel. I did note your comments regarding the traffic noise coming into your room and apologize for this. I will have our maintenance department check the seal on the window as all of our rooms do have soundproofing on them. Thank you once again for such a wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Brisbane.
Cannes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

A wonderful experience. The staff were so helpful and friendly. The rooms were newly refurbished and very modern. I was given an upgrade upon arrival so was well looked after. The pool area is great and very pleasant for lounging by the pool. The buffet breakfast was excellent - everything you could possibly want for breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family as it is a great experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear KM M. Thank you for writing such a fantastic review on your stay with us following recent visit to Brisbane. It was pleasing to learn that we looked after you so well and I am sure Chef Patrice and his Kitchen brigade will also be delighted to read your comments on our magnifique buffet breakfast.!. Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back should you visit Brisbane again. Yours sincerely
Fremantle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

On arrival at the hotel you get a very friendly greeting the rooms are really good especially the bed which is very comfortable we had a club room which is on the 30th floor with tasty snacks and good quality drinks the view of the city on both sides is fantastic it's right in the centre of the city the central train station is close

Room Tip: High level room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephen B. I was delighted to read the comments you posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and also the facilities on offer in Club Lounge. Thank you for your review.
Rockhampton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel is in the CBD of Brisbane and above Central Station so easily accessible by rail form the airport or Gold Coast. I found all employees incredibly helpful and hospitable from check into bar and wait staff to the room attendents. Great room and service all round.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear jcoleman_47. I appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am sure all of our staff will be delighted to read your comments on their service. Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Brisbane.
Mooloolaba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We took time out and spent a lovely night at this hotel recently. We upgraded to a 'club floor' and it is worth the extra. The room was modern, nothing spectacular but the bed was not one that you 'sink into' and I could not say I was sleeping on 'a cloud'. It was a typical hotel bed. It would be nice to get a few extra towels in hotel rooms, why do they say, two people two towels. My hair needs one and I need one and I am constantly calling housekeeping for extra towels. The club lounge is lovely. We had friends join us for pre-dinner drinks (an we were having dinner in the hotel) but a big warning, in the past you could always bring a guest into the lounge, we were asked for $35 (or something ridiculously similar) to bring each of guests into the lounge. So here we were about to spend over $300 on dinner downstairs and wanted to just sit in a comfie chair and have a wine and it cost us $70 for our friends to join us. We didn't want to make an issue in front of our friends but it is really a little rich! I would tell the hotel to at least when checking in give you the password for the internet (you have to go on a treasure hunt to work that out) and then warn you about the lounge so that you are not embarassed if you want to start your evening there instead of the room. Also the dinner smorgasboard is spectacular, not cheap, but worth it. Unfortunately for the Sofitel the $35 parking and then the guest charge for the lounge puts it down on the rank a little and is a little disceptive.

Room Tip: upgrade to a club room if you can. Always ask for one with a view otherwise you get a nothing!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Kerriw. I appreciate you posting a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us as it always good to receive honest and constructive feedback. I did note your comments regarding the comfort of your bed and apologize that this did not live up to your expectations. In regards to your comments regarding the surcharge for additional guests in the Club Lounge, this surcharge has been in place for many years and I apologize if you were not made aware of this prior to inviting your guests to the lounge. Parking in the Brisbane CBD is at a premium and it is common for hotels to charge guests for this service and our prices are competitive within the Brisbane 5 star market. Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Sofitel Brisbane Central

Been to Sofitel Brisbane Central? Share your experiences!