“Flexible staff with great initiative” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Brisbane Central

You added Sofitel Brisbane Central to your Saves list
Sofitel Brisbane Central
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   249 Turbot Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Flexible staff with great initiative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had a very delightful experience at the Sofitel Bristane Central during my recent stay at the hotel. Before I visited Brisbane, I had already learnt of the convenient location and great hospitability of the hotel staff through reading others' review. However, my confidence was slightly reduced as some reviews contained unfavourable remarks.

Speaking the true, there are some areas that the hotel does not meet the specific needs of its customers. However, I noted that most of the hotel staff had adopted a very flexible attitude in handling matters from the customers and this had satisfied customer needs and gave us a good memory of the stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Anzac Square had a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Orlando C

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I was pleased to learn that you overall you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be willing to assist you throughout your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying at Sofitel Brisbane Central in August and it was Amazing. We were greeted by a friendly & very helpful young man, at the main entrance, who went out of his way to make us feel welcome (I wish I could remember his name) and took our bags and checked us in before we knew it. At the counter we were greeted with a friendly face and a big smile by Josh Mclean, very nice and helpful and arranged a late check out for us the next day, as we could only stay the one night, and I must say that made all the difference. Felt like a weekend, but was just the one night. The room was great and as we entered there was a bottle of sparkling on ice and a plate of chocolates, that had Happy Anniversary written on it, was fantastic!! The room was spacious with a great bathroom and shower head to die for ;-)

We had the pleasure of dining in the Times Square restaurant - I had the Eye Fillet & half a Cray Fish - Which was Unbelievable!!! The wine list was Massive and a bit pricy, but worth it. Our waiter was really nice, a very nice asian man.

I will be back.

P.S. - BREAKFAST IS TRULY SOMETHING YOU CAN`T MISS

Room Tip: Higher floor, ask for city view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kristensen2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central.

I was pleased to learn that you were so well looked after and enjoyed celebrating your first wedding anniversary with us.

I will share your feedback with Josh and all of our team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel. Room was good size with good facilities, comfortable bed, good bathroom although there were some signs of age in there. Like the Roger Gallet Orangewood toiletries.

Service was pretty good, although quite slow to bring bags up - we ended up heading off after 20 minutes wait only to find them still in the lobby. And the doorman snatched the valet parking voucher from me when i asked him for our car to be brought up and without saying anything walked over and dropped it on concierge's desk. After 10 minutes or so I asked the lady who was dealing with our checkout to retrieve the docket and try again. It's little things that can stuff up an otherwise pleasant stay.

The bar was nice, good range of drinks, tapas etc, but a touch spoilt by them serving people at the bar. Nice jazz combo.

Must say breakfast for $50 pp seemed ridiculously expensive - we passed...

And $9 for bottled water in the room - I expect at least some complimentary water as standard in any hotel these days.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Lyn&MarkfromOz

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Sofitel Brisbane Central. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback, both good and constructive. I did note your comments regarding the issues with your luggage and having your car brought up and will address with my Managers. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Morpeth, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect, so close to the Cbd with all of the shops etc its also built on top of the central train station so if you arrive or depart by train its ideal.

The room was pretty standard, the air con was like having a jet engine in the ceiling.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear whittboy

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

I did note your comments regarding the air-conditioning in your room and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I trust you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Australia.

Your sincerely

Marcus Hanna

Been to Sofitel Brisbane Central? Share your experiences!