“Standard, clean, and comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Brisbane Central

You added Sofitel Brisbane Central to your Saves list
Sofitel Brisbane Central
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   249 Turbot Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #15 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Albury
“Standard, clean, and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just your run of the mill city hotel, pretty consistent offering from Sofitel, neither bad nor amazing. Bloke at the check in desk was nice and genuine, check out was smooth and friendly . Breakfast wasn't bad and service was good. Was very busy with mothers day but the staff did well. Comfortable bed and pillows, relatively modern rooms. A little pricey, would stay again if cheaper.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear AJM92

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central.

It is always good to receive feedback both positive and constructive. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast even though the restaurant was very busy for Mother’s Day.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Sofitel Brisbane Central.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We took the train from the airport and the hotel is located above. We were able to check in on arrival which was great after a long trip from USA.

We stayed on the club level which made staying at a large hotel like a small boutique hotel. Breakfast was fabulous and the service perfect.

Room Tip: Recommend the club level
Dear Karen o

It was great to read your review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that we were able to assist you with an early check in after your long flight from the US.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review and we trust you have had an enjoyable visit to Australia..

Sofitel Brisbane Central.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel for two nights as part of a business function being held in the Ballroom and adjacent meeting rooms. As such, I used a wide range of services from the Hotel.

Check In: As my manager was away from the hotel at the time, I didn't have a credit card to check in with. Despite this, the staff at reception let me check in to my room on the promise I would bring my manager (and her card) to reception asap.

Room/Cleaning: The room and decor were fantastic. The rooms were very clean and had a great view from every window I had access to around the building. The artwork was interesting, but not invasive and beds were incredibly comfortable. In fact, I'm making plans to change some of my bedding at home to use underlays and pillows similar to what the hotel had. However, I don't know what they're cleaning their kettles and urns with, but it smells like fish. If you're only using them to make coffee, you probably won't notice the smell, but if you're having tea or hot water, watch out. I tried different tea bags, water sources, cups, urns, but it still produced the same smell. I had to buy my morning tea outside the hotel as I couldn't handle the smell.

Restaurant/Bar: I only had soup (French Onion), so I can't comment much, but it wasn't great - certainly edible, but I wouldn't have it again. They did have a good wine selection though and their cocktails were great.

Catering: Mostly fantastic. I had four meals and four refreshments at the hotel during the work function and most of it was really good. Some of it wasn't very exciting, but it was great more often than it was average. The promptness of the service was brilliant.

Conceirge: We needed internet, printing services, car services, directions, event coordination and other services during our time there and they were always happy to oblige, very friendly and very quick. It made our day to day activities much easier knowing that the staff would always be on hand to help.

Function space: Very professional rooms and service and the staff were like ghosts, in the best sense. They weren't invasive and moved around behind the scenes to get things done. They required no prompting and stuck to the run sheet of the 2 days perfectly. IN fact, they often reminded us of what we needed to do next.

Room Tip: You can hear the elevators if your room is nearby, but the views from either side of the building we...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear HobsonzChoice

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent two night stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central for a work function and I was pleased to learn that we were able to assist you at check-in.
I did note your comments regarding the smell from the kettle in your room and also the noise from the elevators and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Sofitel for 3 nights. The room was adequate, but even after a refurbishment seemed slightly dated.
The location is great with ease of access to the air train and direct transfer to the airport, CBD and the mall.

The French restaurant is impeccable and well worth a visit.

One particular doorman was extremely pleasant asking us how our night was and made some recommendations. I wish i got his name. He needs a promotion

Overall I would rate the stay as adequate.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear SMDO007

It was great to read your review after your recent visit to Brisbane and Sofitel Brisbane Central.

I was pleased to learn that you made the most of our central location and close proximity to both the CBD and that you enjoyed your dining experience.

I did note your comments regarding the room and appreciate your honest feedback.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back when you next visit Brisbane.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Top hotel with great staff in all departments, started with reception at checkin.
Rooms are spotless and the beds to die for.,so soft and comfortable you want to sleep in for as long as possible. All in all this was everything we wanted to celebrate our anniversary.
Location is really great too, everything in walking distance.
We will do it on a more regular basis.

Dear Walter029

Thank you for your comments following your recent romantic weekend away to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our wonderful Sofitel MyBeds so comfortable.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope that your next stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central is just as enjoyable.

Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We spent two nights here. It was a good location, central to everything including the railway station. The room, including the bathroom was very clean, the bed soft and comfortable and the decor immaculate. The service was efficient but lacked a feeling of friendliness. It was very expensive to stay here but would probably go for somewhere more welcoming in future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynne G

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our hotel after your first visit to Brisbane.

I was pleased to read your comments regarding the read and also your constructive feedback on our ambassadors and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel in Brisbane recently for work. The first thing that caught my attention was the lovely smell of vanilla as I entered the lobby. The team at reception are excellent and welcomed me back even though it had been months since I had stayed. I know this is on their system, however, it was still nice to hear. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The meals are very nice yet not cheap. There other options in close walking distance to the hotel. Every team member I came in contact with was genuinely friendly and very professional. This is an exclusive hotel yet without the pretention so many other so called "exclusive" hotels seem to have.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robyn E

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central for work purposes.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were welcomed back so warmly to the hotel.

I will share your feedback with all of our staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Been to Sofitel Brisbane Central? Share your experiences!