“Noisy air conditioning” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal On The Park

You added Royal On The Park to your Saves list
Royal On The Park
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Alice & Albert Streets, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #18 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Noisy air conditioning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am not sure if I got a bad room, but I slept badly here. The airconditioning was so noisy I had to use earplugs, and of course none of the windows would open, the pillow was bad.
I found the rooms worn (although they claim to be refurbished).

I must say the burger I had from room service was outstanding.

The hotel is pretty well located, has views of the park.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear David S
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay. I apologise that the noise from the air conditioning disturbed your sleep and the Maintenance team have inspected each room to ensure this problem is resolved. The hotel has been refurbished in the last 2 years and a refresh will be conducted next year to protect against wear and tear. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your in room dining meal and passed your compliments to the chef.
Dale John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Indonesian first
Gin Gin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I may be biased but we only stay at the Royal because we have never been let down. Great rooms, fantastic location and a pleasant restraurant. All this with great staff who are always pleasnt and go out of their way to be on assistance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Mike B
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay. The team love to hear such positive feedback from repeat guests as we strive for new ways to impress you.
We have recently changed our menus to reflect seasonal ingredients and tastes, be sure to make a reservation during your next stay.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night while awaiting an international flight the following day. The location of the hotel is perfect, it is right across the street from the park and a stones throw from the river. Just a short walk away are many restaurants that overlook the fabulous river. I utilized the gym at 3 AM (thanks to jet lag) and everything there seemed to work just fine. I didn't pay for an expensive room so we found ourselves on the second floor. It was surprisingly quite, we didn't hear any other guests or noise from the streets. The lobby was fine and the front desk staff were polite. I didn't have any problems with this hotel and would likely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Tracy C
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful location opposite the Botanic Gardens. I'm glad that you were able to use the gym in the small hours of the morning to work off some jet lag.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

One of the better hotels i stayed. Staff are very friendly, Hotel is neat and tidy. From concierge to front desk to restaurant to housekeeping, everyone was so friendly and made guest feel at home. The design of the hotel feels so traditional and conservatve. Room is spacious and comfortable. 3 pillows on a bed, with 2 huge cushions and a bolster. Bed was the most comfortable hotel bed i ever slept on. once you lie down, it's a good night's sleep. Near to shopping belt of Queen Street Mall and also the transport hub of Central Station. Free Wifi is a bonus! One thing lacking is the availability of TV channel options.

Room Tip: Ask for a Botanical Garden View Room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Papacheong
I appreciate you taking the time to share your review and pictures following your recent stay. It was especially pleasing to read about the service of the entire team as it is always nice to feel at home when travelling. Complimentary wifi is great added value and this will be complimented by an upgrade to our television channel selection to include channels and radio stations from overseas.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Royal on the Park as I had a course to do at QUT at it was just down the road from there. I arrived from Perth on the 5.25am flight and didn't have to be at uni until midday so went to the hotel to see if I could get my room early (I had requested an early check in). While my room wasn't ready, the front desk staff were absolutely delightful, giving me a passcode to access free wifi, I went and had a bit of breakfast and my room was made available to me by 9.15am. The room itself was large by today's comparisons, with a comfy chaise lounge and super comfy bed. Everything I could've asked for was in that room, including English Breakfast tea bags. The housekeeping staff were delightful, especially Eta, who cleaned my room each day. Oh and dinner at night, I had the steak sandwich, it would be one of the best I have ever eaten. I ate in the bar each night and again the staff were delightful, I really have nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: I had a city view room, which overlooked the pool and spa, which was perfect for my needs, but I wou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Anna1905
I appreciate you taking the time to share your review after your recent stay. Travelling on the redeye from Perth can be fraught with problems and I'm pleased that the reception and housekeeping teams were able to minimise your delay in checking in. The menu has just been updated in the Walnut Restaurant and the chefs were thrilled that you enjoyed their food. I have passed your comments onto Eta who was humbled that you took the time praise her individually.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to your next business trip.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I were visiting friends, and as we had not been to Brisbane in a very long time were at a loss as to where we should stay. After researching we decided to try Royal on the Park as the reviews were quite good. The room was approximately $160 per night and included free WiFi, which worked very well, and we overlooked the botanic gardens. The hotel was within easy walking distance to the Queen Street Mall, plenty of restaurants and cafes in the immediate vicinity. We also walked to South Bank. Car parking was secure onsite for an additional amount. The buffet breakfast was hot and fresh, and the bar had snacks and cocktails. The pool area was great for those who wished for a swim or spa. The rooms have been refurbished and were large. The staff friendly and efficient, check in and check out without much fuss. I must say it exceeded our expectations. It was a great stay!

Room Tip: They have just refurbished and have sound proof windows however a little street noise does creep in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kac2404
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your stay. I am so pleased you decided to stay at Royal on the Park and the team did not disappoint. The hotel has wonderful facilities to cater to every guest from a great location, free wifi, traditional décor and a great outdoor facility.
Looking forward to your next visit to Brisbane when the team can exceed your expectations once again.
Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at Royal on the Park for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding reception which was being held in the hotel. Very nicely situated close to the Botanical Gardens, the Queen Street Mall, riverfront dining and Southbank. Staff service was excellent and the beds were comfortable. My only negatives were that it was quite intrusive if someone was noisy in the passageway and there wasn't enough hanging space in the bathroom for towels, togs etc. Apart from that it was very good. We had room service for lunch and the food was lovely. The wedding reception sevice was excellent. Staff were very polished and professional.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear divinefeeling
Thank you for providing your feedback after your recent stay, we appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location as a central base for exploring all Brisbane has to offer. The traditional style and décor provides wonderful ambience for a wedding reception and the service provided by the team only enhances the experience.
I apologise for the noise in the corridors as it can be intrusive if another guest chooses not to be considerate of others. The staff take every care to minimise this noise however this is not always possible. I will review the amount of hanging space in both the bathroom and cupboards to ensure there is always enough space to hang clothes.
Dale John

Been to Royal On The Park? Share your experiences!