“Fantastic hotel, fantastic location” 5 of 5 stars

Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Ann Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #38 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic hotel, fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed here for a work trip from the 7th-11th of April. I had apartment 4001 on the 4th floor. The room was fantastic. It was spotless and that bed was the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. If I could have loaded it on the plane home I would have !!! I had to work at Mount Cootha each day so I didn't get to look around much but from what I could tell the location was fantastic. My apartment was cleaned each day and the housekeeping was thoughtful enough to leave air con on for me so the room was nice and cool when I arrived back. I had a hire care, I called each morning to get the car brought to the front of the hotel and within 20 minutes was on my way to work !! The staff were all friendly and nothing was to much trouble. I didn't have any meals here so I can't comment on the food. If I got Brisbane again for work or pleasure I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane_GM, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear singlewith2kids,

Thank you for sharing your positive review on TripAdvisor - the team and I were thrilled to hear about your stay with us, and appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and the thoughtfulness of our team during your stay.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Brisbane!

Karina Millar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My partner and I stayed for one night. On arrival, the man who checked us in could not have made it anymore clear if he tried that he didn't care and we were interrupting whatever he had been doing out the back. No smile, a reluctant 'enjoy your stay' and a wave in the general direction of the lifts. The decor was stunning. Very in keeping with the age of the building. Once we arrived in the room, it was very dull. The bathroom had mould around the bath and there was a yellow aged washing machine in the corner. The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were either rock hard or barely there. I did think the lack.of noise from outside was great though. We'll Done on that! On checkout the next morning, the gentleman was much nicer. Very friendly and happy. But unfortunately I was so disappointed and would never stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Vicki G,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you felt that our service delivery was below par on this occasion. Our team prides itself on customer service and to feel that we let someone down in this area is very disappointing to us.

I have taken on your feedback regarding the service at check-in, and the housekeeping and maintenance issues in your room and we are looking into solutions to resolve this.

I was pleased to hear that you appreciated our heritage decor and that the sound proofing was solid.

We are sorry that your stay wasn’t enjoyable and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel so that you can experience what we are truly capable of.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Good location on Ann St and right opposite the station. There is also a bus stop right out the front.

Clean, comfortable apartment room which had all that I needed in it.

The shower was AMAZING - awesome water pressure. The shower however was a bit of an effort to get into as it's over a bathtub with very high sides. The tub would be impractical for a tall adult to lie in - it's short in length with very high sides!

Breakfast was pretty ordinary - cereal, toast, tea/coffee, machine made pancakes and bacon/eggs/sausages etc in a hot servery thing.

Dinners in the restaurant would have been approved by Weight Watchers for their serving size - they were TINY! I ordered a $32 dollar main pork belly and got 4 small pick of pork and a salad. I then had to go back and order an entree cause dinner didn't touch the sides! The $38 steak I ordered the second night came with a couple of baby potatoes and a small salad, but about 2 hours later I was hungry again. Service in the restaurant was AMAZINGLY SLOW both nights - it took 40 minutes for my steak dinner to come out and I'd only ordered one course. The restaurant wasn't busy so I dunno what the hold up was. I'd eat else where, but the charge back to the room is convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane_GM, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Liz915,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor - the team and I were delighted to read your positive review at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square and appreciate your comments regarding the AMAZING shower and the quality of the apartment you stayed in. The location and bus stop out front, certainly make it easy to get around the CBD.

We look forward to seeing you again next time your travel to Brisbane.

Rockhampton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We booked the motel via a wotif deal and was upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment.

This apartment was smaller than the last apartment I stayed in but was still a good size and quite comfortable.

We only had a couple of downsides:-
* The main TV remote did not work properly but was able to the buttons on the tv
* the air conditioner was a little bit noisy but didn't stop us sleeping through it
* my partner cut his leg on a tabletop that had not been pushed back by housekeeping.

None of the above would stop us staying here again as we can't beat the price, location or old school charm of this hotel.

Dear TWVader,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor – the team and I were pleased to read that you enjoyed the value for money and 'old school charm', when you were upgraded during your recent stay at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square. I was disappointed to hear that you had some difficulty with the TV remote and AC unit in your room, and sorry that your partner cut his leg on the tabletop - I passed this feedback on to our Housekeeping and Maintenance Team, and this has been rectified.

We look forward to seeing you again next time your travel to Brisbane - please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure we upgrade you once again, upon your return.

Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Heritage listed and tastefully restored and furnished this Hotel is aesthetically appealing and very good value for money on the doorstep of all on offer from Brisbane City. Our one bedroom apartment was spacious, clean and comfortable. Consisting of a small food preparation bench with self catering cooking facilities and utilities it is well equipped for several days stays. The bathroom is well presented and houses a combo washer/dryer and while the tiles around the bath are showing age and poor repair the bathroom is clean and presentable. The front of house staff were pleasant and courteous. I have no hesitation recommending this well located and comfortable hotel to any discerning traveler.

Dear Legar,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square - the team and I were delighted to read your positive comments.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you travel to Brisbane.

Kind Regards

Ennis, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was just the right place for our three nights in Brisbane. Good cooking facilities in the suite (we'd been upgraded), and so much of Brisbane within easy access. Free WiFi and many other advantages and very helpful staff

Room Tip: Get help carrying your luggage up the front steps
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear RovingMike123,

I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and appreciated your upgrade to our spacious One Bedroom Apartment. Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review about Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Brisbane.

Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

OK not quite sure which should come first, oh yes I do, shabby. Needs an upgrade and an update.

Staff are wonderful but rooms are tired to say the least. The rate for a suite was expensive for what we got, drab, dark and lifeless.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RendezvousBris, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. Please know that we will take your feedback on board as we improve the standard of our rooms. We are pleased our customer service was up to standard, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square? Share your experiences!