“A nice sound hotel well located in Brisbane” 4 of 5 stars

Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Ann Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #41 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Adelaide, Australia
“A nice sound hotel well located in Brisbane”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The Redezvous Hotel in Brisbane is a nice, solid hotel. It's well located in Ann St, a short walk from the CBD shopping strip and lots of resturants etc. This is an older hotel but it has been updated.

My room was on the 1st floor and when it rains there is quite q bit of noise with the rain hitting an adjacent roof. If you got a higher level room this wouldn't be an issue. The room was very clean (a. big issue for me) and when my room was made up the job seemed to have been done very well.

The hotel has two lifts and when I was here (Jan 2012) new lifts were being installed. So the management seem to be doing a fair bit in the wqy of upgrading. The carpets are fairly new and the room looks like it was recently painted. The bed is a nice new queen size and I slept very well on it.

The lack of a fitness centre and pool might put some off. The TV's in the room are decent sized NEC flatscreens with some cable channels plus all the free to air channels.

This hotel offers free local phone calls and 3 hrs per day of free internet access. There are no surcharges for credit cards (claimed on signs in the lift anyhow!). Not a lot of hotels do this. My work paid for my room so I can't state catagorically that these billing arrangements stand but hey.... they claim it!

There is a 24/7 mart about 30 meters down Ann St. so milk, cereal etc is easy to get. My room didn't have a bowl / spoon etc but (cheapskate) me packs one to keep the costs down.

Transport is fairly easy from this hotel. There is a railway station across the road. Taxi fare for me from the Airport to the hotel on a Sunday (extra tariff) was about $45.00 and took a little over 20 mins. On a weekday at peak time I'd allow 30 - 40 mins to be safe.

This appears to me to be a good solid mid range hotel. Not 4 star but not far off. The staff are very friendly and unobtrusive. I'd say give it a go!

Room Tip: Try a higher level room in wet weather
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We have stayed here several times when passing through Brisbane for various reasons and for the price and convenience it can't be beaten. The first time I stayed in Brisbane my company paid for it and I stayed at the Sofitel across the road which is great but exxie! So when I was forking out for myself I thought I'd give the place across the road a try and haven't been disappointed. Convenience was the initial priority-straight across the road from the Ann St station, and in peak hour the trains are lots quicker than a cab to get into and out of the city to the airport and if there is just one of you or even two it is the cheaper option. The beds are super-comfy. We have stayed in both the standard rooms and most recently got a 1 bdrm apartment on special for the same price. It was a bit smaller than I imagined -and there is no door between the living and sleeping areas -which was unexpected -so when my husband stayed up to watch TV that disturbed me -and when I got up early to do some early emails -the same thing occured to him. We were concerned when we saw we were facing onto the nightclub across the road -I am a light sleeper-and though I did hear it a bit when I woke up in the middle of the night -it didn't keep me awake in the 3 nights we were there. Housekeeping could do something about the mould in the grout around the tiles (Domestos fixes that easily for me!) and forgot the bathmat on the second day. Fixing the lifts seem to have taken forever. Really close to shopping -and don't worry about eating expensive breakfasts in the hotel as there are a couple of good little eateries with great coffee just along Ann Street towards the square -very cheap and good eggs benedict (can't recall the name). So yes we would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed here November 2011 as a weekend away and I think this hotel is great.
we arrived quite late at night and for whatever reason the airtrain wasn't running so after getting a cab into town we were dropped off. I looked across the road at the nightclub in full swing and wished our room wouldn't face that side but knew it would.

The staff were friendly and helpful at check in and we headed upstairs. As luck would have it we were facing the nightclub but as the windows were sealed it wasn't an issue with noise at all. we were on the top floor and it was almost silent.

The next morning we headed out for a run and the river and botanic gardens are close by. the hotel is close to the main shopping street.

The room was small and cozy but as we weren't there for the room it wasn't an issue.
Bathroom was sleek and modern with a huge shower and lots of French connection toiletries which was nice touch. Because we opted out of the room cleaning in the morning on our return from exercise there was bag of fresh towels waiting for us along with more toiletries.
I assumed the TV worked but I didn't turn it on. likewise the mini bar remained untouched ( there is a 7/11 across the road and down the hill 50 meters so that helps avoid pesky mini bar charges.
the bed was comfy and the pillows were nice.The building was once a government building that has been refurbished so the ceilings are high and the whole place has that great atmosphere of peace you find in large old buildings.

breakfast wasn't included in our package but after going for a run we opted in to buy breakfast. this might be only drawback i did feel the breakfast was pretty pricey. But service was good and friendly.

the location is very handy for public transport. The central station is across the road from the hotel and the ferries ( a must for any visitor to Brisbane) were about 5 minutes away. It's close to the valley and central Brisbane and in 15 minutes you can be in Southbank on foot.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

This hotel was formerly a government building built about 80 years ago. The room we had was a suite with high ceilings and comfy beds. unfortunately, the hotel does not have a fitness centre. you have to hike down to their sister hotel which is about a ten minute walk. The fitness centre there is small and lame.

The hotel breakfast is expensive at $20 for continental. we bought cereal, yogurt and fruit the night before for four people for less than $20 and saved $60.

the Front desk were very helpful in recommending an excellent restaurant for dinner

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

The room was small and cousy but in need of maintenance and upgrade. Our room was facing the street on king street (if I remember it right), the night we were there there was a night club upen across the street, this together with traffic and an extremely noisy airconditioner orchestred a full symphony of noise through the night. I'm happy i didn't have to stay here more than one night.
Service was good and the personnel very nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Nice hotel in a very convenient location next to Central Station which means travel to and from the airport is straightforward ($26 open return).

I had a basic studio room which had basic cooking facilities - no hotpates, just a microwave and kettle. The fridge had some mini bar items but rather than use these I stocked up with my own breakfast items from the nearby Woolworth supermarket (come out of the building, turn left, then left again at the lights and it is two blocks down on the left hand sign - not very well signposted)

Hotel buffet breakfast is $25 which is crazy. I made my own which cost $25 over 4 days, but I was on a budget.

Room laundry is $20 per bag although I think some of the larger roooms may have washing machines within them.

Cleanliness was pretty good and I didnt have any problems with the hot water/water pressure or anything like that.

The TV controls were a bit useless. I don't know what it is but they have some bizarre digital set up with a lot of cr*ppy channels. Maybe that is just australia, who knows!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the backpackers hostel nextdoor - bit noisy at night
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Great location across from the station, so easy for the airport and city in particular. This was my second stay. I had a room that was at the back of the hotel this trip and it was very quiet and also very functional - decent size, microwave, and the usual bar fridge etc. The bathroom was not huge but thoughtfully laid out and the shower was fine (nothing worse than a bad shower with no pressure!). The staff were helpful and friendly

Room Tip: ask for a room thats at the back, away from the road
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square? Share your experiences!