“A conveniently located hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Early Booker
Ranked #35 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“A conveniently located hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Novotel Brisbane is conveniently located close to the edge the CBD area (sometimes the address says 'Brisbane', sometimes it say 'Spring Hill'). Either way, it is only about 5 minutes walk from Central Station and also a few minutes walk to St George Mall. I was able to take the AirTrain from the airport to the city and just walked to the hotel.

I was fortunate to have a room high enough and with a view so I could see the streets below. The room was very clean, spacious and filled with light. The beds were comfy so I had no problem going to sleep each night.

Since I was in Brisbane during the summer, I was pleased the AC worked so well. I also noticed the Dexter-inspired curtains which made me chuckle.

The staff were friendly and were keen to help. They seem to go out of their way to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. I had a really nice time.

If there was one thing I did not like about the hotel was that even though it was only a few minutes walk from Central station, it is located at the top of a steep hill. Going out was fine but walking back up to the hotel in the middle of summer was something I never looked forward to at the end of each day. I would love to stay at this hotel again but only if the climate isn't so extreme and I am not travelling with someone with mobility issues. If I had a car with me, it wouldn't be a problem since I can make use of the underground car park and just take the lift to the hotel. That's something I need to consider next time I am in Brisbane.

I would love to stay at the Novotel Brisbane again but it would depend on the time of year and who I am travelling with.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Excellent hotel:
- A few minutes walk away from the Central station (to get to the airport, for example)
- Large, clean, well appointed room, with two double beds for our family of 2 adults and 2 children
- Helpful staff at reception, who provided advice about where to eat, what to see etc
- a small pool - nothing fancy, but nevertheless fine
- excellent hearty breakfast
Novotel at its best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear The England Family,

Really happy to see you enjoyed your brief stay with us, and then took the time to tell others about it here on TA. At Novotel, we pride ourselves on our ability to cater for families, and I'm glad to see we succeeded with your stay as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is well located within a short walk of St George Mall, though perched on a hill. Service is charming and rooms clean but short stays warrant the rooms overlooking the adjacent wall. Free internet service is a boon.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This Novotel is located just above the Brisbane CBD - it's a 2 minute walk down and well placed for the collection of Riverside eateries as well. We need a good well priced central hotel for our stay and the Novotel Brisbane was excellent. The room size was generous and was smart and modern. The air conditioning blissfully worked, we didn't hear any noise from any other room at any point and let's hope they stay with the free wifi trial past May. It's a popular hotel with air crew. One small niggle with the daft shower door arrangement that can leak onto the floor or drench you as you fiddle with temperature controls, but that is being very niggly indeed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great stay. Room was great. Bed comfy. For the life of me I couldn't work out the light switches. To get them all switched off was like play a rubik's cube. One switch off, would turn off one light and turn on another!! Other than that enjoyed the hotel and the breakfast. It was very clean and comfy. Good food, great service. My only gripe is the WiFi of course. I got excited about the free WiFi trial sign on the wall when I checked in, only to find it was limited to 250kbps!! I find Accor hotels and their WiFi products terrible in this day and age!! Why do we get ripped off for internet access!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

nsw
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

hotel is quite nice, we got a good deal through wotif. We were really horrified at the parking costs, we paid $105 for 3 nights on top of our initial charges. Buffet breakfast was pretty average. Good location, close to queen street mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear linzeeNSW,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TA. Unfortunately in Brisbane parking is expensive, and we lease spaces from the owners of the car park beneath the hotel. We have secured a discounted rate for our guests of $35 per night, which allows for multiple entry and exit. This is opposed to $50 after 2 hours per entry for the car park downstairs.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, and I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Novotel Brisbane, on Creek Street, is one of those hotels that would fall into the 'good' category, if Tripadvisor had one. It is neither average, nor very good, but fits as neatly into the 'good' category as the side-facing minibar does into the room entrance. I have only stayed here once, and for one night only, so my thoughts are limited, but all signs suggest this is a very good business hotel.

Check-in was easy and friendly (thank you, Kate). The lifts were quiet, despite being close to my room, and were quick. Room service was pretty decent and speedy, and it doesn't appear as though there is much noise outside the hotel on any side. The only negative in the room was the old spring-loaded bed. It wasn't the most comfortable of nights. However, the rooms themselves were clean and neat, with quiet air conditioning and a good selection of TV channels. Internet is free until the end of May 2013. It's not the quickest, but is free! I would recommend this - central, and easy access to the CBD. Oh, did I mention the banks of Macs in Reception, which I believe are for free use? It looked like there were a lot of conference attendees floating around, so obviously it's popular. When I was checking in I noticed a guest who had just checked in call from their room to ask for a bigger bed, but they settled for what they had. I asked for the express check-out option, and was assured my bill would be under my door before leaving. It wasn't, so I had to check out normally. The room doors do slam a bit down the corridor, and I noticed wake-up calls were verbal shouts from said corridor, which woke me up and I am sure others.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer bed that isn't spring-loaded. Ask for express check-out, but make sure they actu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Brisbane? Share your experiences!