I stayed at this hotel after booking a $99 apartment room through a special web offer in Oct09. Despite reading all the negative reviews about this hotel, I wanted to try my luck, as there had been mentions of refurbishment in late 2009. I stayed on one of the higher floors (12th?) for reference.
Firstly, the good points:
- Great location. It is close to Roma St, and easy walk to the casino, Queen St and Southbank. The riverview rooms are nice too, despite looking over a highway.
- Well equipped. Although the facilities (kitchen and entertainment) aren't top notch, they are good enough and do their job well. I also appreciate a good sized fridge (which was empty, the way I like it) and a large table that you can actually eat at.
- Spacious. There are a kitchen, dining table, lounge set, and a big bedroom, all nicely laid out, so it didn't feel cramped at all.
Now the bad points:
- TERRIBLE BED! As mentioned in previous reviews, the "king" bed is 2 single beds pushed together, with no cushioning on top so you can feel the join between the 2 beds, really uncomfortable. I hope the management will do something about that soon!
- Tiny bathroom. If I stood at the sink and someone opened the bathroom door, it would hit me in my sides. The shower over bath was also tiny, with the bath most definitely would not fit a grown sized man. The tiles grout joins also were falling apart and growing molds.
- TV. Might just be my bad luck, but the reception was terrible. Didn't bother complaining to reception as there was nothing worth watching on TV anyway, though I'd blame Australian broadcasters for that problem.
Other points to make:
- Lift. The lift is slow. I realise it's an old building, but you definitely do not want to be hurrying up and down during "peak hour".
- Paint smell. I try to think positively regarding this aspect, as it seems the hotel is in the midst of refurbishment, so I hope the "suffering" my nose endured would mean a better looking hotel in the future.
- Facilities. Since there was no minibar, I had to trek over 3 blocks to find a convenience store to buy some drinks. Stock up before you arrive!
- Credit card surcharge. This is standard practise of most Australian hotels, even 5 star ones, but do beware there's a 2% surcharge for using credit cards.
I'm not sure I would stay at this hotel again for their regular rates ($140+ for apartment rooms), but I would consider it if I got a special price again. Possibly even more interested if they get their "king" beds fixed up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Regis North Quay is perched above the Brisbane River with spectacular views over the city and across to South Bank.A short walk to the heart of Brisbane’s business district and entertainment, shopping and dining options as well as Suncorp Stadium, Park Regis North Quay is the ultimate base for both corporate and leisure guests.Choose from a range of spacious hotel rooms and one and two bedroom apartments. Refurbished rooms are stylish and modern and apartments are generously sized with kitchenettes and separate living area. Relax in your room complete with WiFi access, individually controlled air-conditioning, most with DVD player and mini stereo.Park Regis North Quay’s guest facilities also include an outdoor swimming pool, gym and secure undercover parking.Located on the hotel’s ground floor, On Quay Restaurant and Bar has been recently refurbished and extends quality dining seven days a week. Open for breakfast daily and dinner Monday to Friday and offering the convenience of room service during dinner hours.If you’re holding a function or conference, Park Regis North Quay has extensive facilities suitable for all types of events catering for up to 170 guests.Located moments from the city centre with spectacular views, Park Regis North Quay’s location makes it perfect for business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Park Regis North Quay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Park Regis North Quay