“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Brisbane

You added Mercure Brisbane to your Saves list
Mercure Brisbane
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85 - 87 North Quay, Brisbane, Queensland 4003, Australia   |
Ranked #61 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Gold Coast,Australia
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great location - water views, opposite train station and short walk to city. Solid, well - priced luxury hotel with all the amenities I required. Staff were welcoming and polite. A place to relax and enjoy the city of Brisbane.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Check in 27th June to 1st July. when I check in late that night, I did asked about the Le club accord membership and ask if I could sign in. The receiptionist never give the form. Then gone up to the room.

I did wrote in the request of room not to be at the end of the corridor. However, when I brought my luggage up in the room , it was at the end of corridor. Call the receiptionist see if I could swap rooms. He said it was fully booked that day, and will change for me tomorrow.

Change to the room second day,doesnt have shower gel and body lotion in the bathroom. Both of the toilet papers are 1/3 left. Dont say I am too picky, I used to work in hotel industry and know what was the standard. Anyway, I was too tired from the all day tour, so I used soap which drys my skin.

Third day and fourth day i come back to my room still dont have bath gel and lotion. The fouth day didnt leave me any milk shaches. I have to call Conceiage to deliver for me.

Guess I wasnt lucky this time.

HSK need improved their standard and receptionist need promotive of Le club membership more so the customer would able to joint the club and bring more business in.

Room Tip: I always choose the top travellers racking and close to city hotels. however, there is just luck in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
D'orne F, Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel.

It is unfortunate to read that there were a couple of areas during your stay that were not up to our usual standard and I can assure you that I have passed on your feedback to the housekeeping team.

I am pleased to read that you have rated the rest of your stay quite highly and appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards
Mark Mewburn
Marketing & Administration Executive
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Short break in Brisbane after a long time so was looking for something special. first of all I did not know that there were two different Mercure hotels within 1Km. So after a little run around we finally arrived at our destination. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location wonderful as within walking distance. Rooms were average as such but I paid extra for the river views and was well worth it. Bed was comfortable so if you are looking for fancy room and bathrooms this hotel is not for you. Clean and convenient is how I will describe it.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor and payextra for river views as it was well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chengdu, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

A lovely room facing the river. Quiet and relaxing just overlooking the river and Southbank. Easy viewing whilst chilling out with a good red wine. Great location to catch the train from the city to airport. You do not have to worry about the traffic. A short stroll to the city centre.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were happy with our stay. The room was a reasonable size ,clean and well kept. The location is great with only a few minutes walk to Queen Street Mall and the railway stations.
I would recommend this hotel especially for those who don't have transport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Been to Mercure Brisbane? Share your experiences!