“My number one choice for business trips.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Ivory Lane, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive Brisbane)   |
Ranked #27 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Darwin, Australia
“My number one choice for business trips.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was my second week long stay at the Medina conducting interviews for work. I had an appartment with fridge/freezer, cooktop, microwave and the ultimate luxury, my own washing machine and dryer. I had a balcony with the most spectacular view of the Story Bridge and Brisbane River. The hill is a bit of a killer ( I swear it got steeper every day), but it is a short walk to great restaurants and shops in every direction, not to mention the awesome boardwalk. The staff were helpful and we enjoyed the friendly banter with them. The confernce organisers were very professional. Hope to be back again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Njentz, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of Medina Executive Brisbane. My team and I are delighted you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the facilities and team at the Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you travel to Brisbane.

Nicole Jentz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The Medina offers a great value stay in walking distance of the city. Great views to the Storey Bridge and the city. Rooms well laid out and small kitchen as well. Room service very good. I was very impressed with the quesadilla entree and the hot chocolate.Breakfasts good.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I wondered where the taxi was taking me but once I got my bearings this place is really well located. Only 5-10 minutes walk to Chinatown and the Fortitude valley mall. 10 minutes walk to Eagle St Pier and another 10 to the city malls. I had a one bedroom apartment which was clean and fully equipped. More of a tourist hotel than a business hotel with washing machine and cooking gear in the apartment. It was quite humid and the aircon was quiet and efficient although my usual trick of using a card from my wallet to keep the aircon running while I was out of the room didn't work. The older guy on the reception was really helpful and answered all my dumb questions. Brekky was passable. Short wait for cabs. Only complaint was the room service menu cut off way too early which is a problem if you arrive late. Overall good value and i will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Njentz, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us at Medina Executive Brisbane.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our friendly, helpful team!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a booking from wot-if. Even though we'd paid for the special on a non-river view studio queen room they upgraded us.
The room is well-stocked, though there could be more towels! There is a very decent mini-bar and the room is large enough. There's a small balcony with a table and two chairs. The TV is free-to-air and there's no free wi-fi (I still don't understand why hostels can provide this but hotels can't). There's a small pool and a spa (which is very warm). Somehow our towels managed to get soaking wet.The sauna is nice, though I couldn't get it warmed up in time, and the gym includes 5 pieces of equipment that is probably enough for your average Joe.
The breakfast buffet was nice - you can ask for poached eggs (though mine were cooked with too much vinegar and the yolk was hard). You had to put your bread through the toaster 4 or 5 times. The other food was a bit hit-or-miss - lovely hash browns but the mushrooms were just soaking in oil, and the baked beans were coldish but somehow overcooked.
My only real complain is that the curtains let in a lot of light - the Story Bridge is actually quite bright! And then when the sun started coming up at dawn we were woken up even though the curtains were fully closed. As such, we didn't get much sleep at all!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the story bridge if you want a view, the higher the better. However, this may mean...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your contribution from your recent stay with us at Medina Executive Brisbane.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us - particularly your rivew view upgrade!

We look forward to seeing you again next tiem you travel.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Was booked in by company to stay here for the night. It's a little walk from the Fortitude Valley Train Station, buses go there but for visitors it's probably better to have a taxi take you there to avoid getting lost. Check in staff were lovely, I arrived early and they were happy to have me pre-checked in and leave my luggage with them while I went off to attend my appointments. Returning to collect my keys, I found my bags have already been sent to my room, a lovely touch that seems to be diminishing in several other providers. Breakfast was a simple range of your standard continental breakfast, staff were pleasant and attentive in the restaurant. Unfortunately the fuse went out the following morning as I was ironing, bringing this to front office staff they immediately inquired about my laundry needs, which was fantastic, they genuinely care for their guests.

Overall it was a lovely stay, great first impression for myself who haven't stayed in a Medina property before, a lovely choice if you need somewhere not too far from central but need the peace and quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing you feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our great location!

Apologies for the fuse blowing whilst you were ironing, although I take great joy in reading that our team were most helpful to you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very good hotel, close to CBD and shopping areas within walking distance. Good breakfast selection and restaurant menu. The internet was a bit 'flakey' in the room for the first day but settled down ok. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your contribution to Medina Executive Brisbane's Trip Advisor page, we look forward to welcoming you back next time you travel.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were part of a group of five with three separate rooms. And we found the location great. Short walk along the boardwalk to wide range of restaurants. Area gets very busy Friday night so you need to book a table early if you want to do dinner. The apartments had a wide difference in price and facilities so double check what you've booked. Pool gym and laundry great for longer stays.

• Stayed November 2012
Thanks very much for your review of Medina Executive Brisbane.

I am delighted to read that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Nicole Jentz

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane? Share your experiences!