“Apollo Day Spa” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Diana Plaza Hotel

You added Diana Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Diana Plaza Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Annerley Rd | South Brisbane, Brisbane, Queensland 4102, Australia   |
Ranked #105 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney
“Apollo Day Spa”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

Me & 2 other friends booked 1 hr massages approx 4 days before appointments at Apollo Day Spa located below Diana Plaza Hotel. On arrival, the receptionist could not seem to find our booking. They found our individual names in the system booked on other days and acknowledged they have had system errors in the past with appointment allocations.

Due to this mixup the 3 of us had to have massages at seperate times & make use of the spas individually. Note too that you will need to be comfortable with 'Nudity' in the hot & cold spas/sauna area.

My massage was great although as they had run out of massage tables, I had to lay face down on a table with no 'space' to breath through. They folded a towel and asked if I would be OK to breath through the towel? I didnt really want to wait for another hour in the spa by myself so I said OK. Not very comfortable at all. My 2 other friends said they enjoyed their massages.

No concession allowed for stuffing us around, still paid full price. Overall, will try next time to book another day spa in Brisbane.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

This was a very pleasant hotel. I arrived very early (8AM) and they did not have a room available yet. However, they did let me leave my luggage there and I walked down to the South Bank for awhile. When I came back around 10AM they had a room ready for me. It was a standard room with a king bed. The room also had a refrigerator and a great shower. The refrigerator was stocked with ‘wet bar’ items, but there was enough room for a couple of my own bottles of water.

I booked myself for a massage at the Apollo's Day Spa that is located on the lower level of the hotel. The massage was reasonably priced because they offer discounts to hotel guests and also as a hotel guest you could use the hot spa bath and cold spa bath at your leisure.

I had dinner that night at the hotel restaurant and it was very good food.

The next morning my husband and I did try the hotel’s buffet, but we were not impressed with the selection. We preferred to eat at the Café next door in the strip mall. We ate at that Café almost every morning.

The only complaint I have about this hotel was the king bed in our first room. It was very very sunken in and made my back hurt.
We stayed in the king room for six nights. When we returned from Cairns for our last two nights in Brisbane, we were upgraded to a suite that had a queen bed, a full kitchen, and a Jacuzzi tub. I wish we had been so lucky for the first six days. Even though the bed was smaller, it was much firmer and nicer to sleep on. Plus the Jacuzzi tub was very nice. The refrigerator was also larger than in the other room.

This hotel also had laundry facilities for guests to use on each floor. It was $4 per wash but the dryer was free. So if you had some wet clothes from swimming or something, you could dry them for free. If you didn’t bring any laundry soap, you could purchase a small package of soap from the front desk for $1.

There was also a Bakery, IGA market, and a Liquor store in the strip mall next door. So if you had the suite with the kitchen, you could easily make your own meals.

The walk to South Bank from this hotel was about three blocks. It really did not seem like a very far walk at all. The Mater Hill bus station was only one block away. We took the bus several times over to the Queen St. Mall. We did walk to the Queen St. Mall one day, but it was about a half hour to 45 minute walk. We also took the bus all the way to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and it was about $14 for two round trip.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, but I would pay the extra for the suite or ask to be upgraded if you don’t want to spend the extra.
It was close enough to South Bank without paying the South Bank prices.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to answer.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Diana Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!