“mutton dressed as lamb” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Diana Plaza Hotel

You added Diana Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Diana Plaza Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Annerley Rd | Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland 4102, Australia   |
Ranked #120 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“mutton dressed as lamb”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The few hours i spent in the place were unforgettable. Firstly as i arrived just 8pm to be told the restraint was shutting and couldn't order food. One of the reasons i booked there was because they said they had had 24 .hr room service meals. I booked one of their spa rooms and walked in to find a disgusting bathroom that looked old and not properly cleaned. The toiletris were of cheap quality as well.the lounge and bedroom were well presented thou. But the worst thing of all was the old conditioning vent that run through the place.there was a large man hole tat anybody at ny time could climb into and i think had been because the noises that were coming from it sounded like someone was crawling around in there and i had a terrible uneasy feeling like somebody was watching me. I even video taped the noises to show my friends and they agreed that there was defiantly someone or something up there. I left immediately because i was too scared to hut my eyes.all round a horrible experience and i don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here recently when I had a two day stopover in Brisbane. I chose this hotel because of it's location and of course the price. The hotel is situated within walking distance to Southbank and is a short drive from the city centre of Brisbane. Easy freeway accessibility also to the Gold & Sunshine Coasts.
Yes the rooms are looking a bit tired, but my room was spotlessly clean and the bed was super comfy and had great pillows, a must for any weary traveller.The staff were very accommodating allowing me an early check in which was greatly appreciated after a long haul flight. There are numerous restaurants and take away eateries located right outside the entrance to the hotel, which means you don't have to travel far. Free parking was an added bonus considering that Brisbane is notorious for it's exorbitant parking charges.
I would most definitely stay here again .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Karen Y, Director of Sales at Diana Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi - we understand it has been a while however just wanted to let you know that we appreciate your review after recent stay with us at Diana Plaza Hotel, Brisbane.

We agree - our location is convenient as you have kindly let people know on our behalf. We also appreciate any recommendations you may be able to make so that we can continue to provide a great experience for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Bunbury , Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Similarly, we had read some of the bad reviews after we had booked here for one night before leaving Brisbane. It is looking a little tired, but our room was quite big, clean and the bed was super comfy. It was an easy walk to South Bank and the free parking out the back was a bonus. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we walked to the Brewhouse only a few metres away for a great meal. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi - we understand it has been a while but we are working on catching up with a response on some of our reviews.

Thank you for your kind review - we were aware that some of our rooms were due a refurbishment late last Year and are pleased to advise this has been our focus for the first weeks of 2014. We are pleased to confirm that completion of the refurbishment on all of our rooms is not far away.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Diana Plaza Hotel, Brisbane in the near future.
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is the third time I've stayed here, over a period of some 12 years. The main difference this time was that the hotel was definitely starting to show it needed an update. We had a spa suite but the bathroom and spa had paint chipped off and rust round the edges - for $189 a night I expected more. Dinner is no longer served in the dining area in the foyer, you have to go to the cafe next door (highish prices there for a cafe). Breakfast is served in the foyer - why not dinner?? At least the car parking (round the back) is free - a must for Brisbane inner city. We probably won't be back until they've had a refurb. Position is good for shows at QPAC etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We understand that it has been a while since your stay with us and subsequent review - however wanted to touch base and thank you anyway.

We were aware that it was time for some refurbishment late last Year and are very pleased to advise that this is currently underway on our guest rooms and public areas.

Please check us out next time you need accommodation in Brisbane!

Our staff and customer service are still going strong - so we are sure you will be impressed by the new and improved Diana Plaza Hotel.
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I use this hotel for my long term stays in Brisbane, because it close to my mothers house and the South Bank. The price is great and the staff are very friendly. also it's not in the middle of down town where you have to pay to park, parking is free at Diana which is a bonus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We understand it has been a while since you reviewed us, however just wanted to take some time to thank you very much for your kind words.

We are always pleased to hear that we you have received good customer service and interaction from our staff - which has ensured you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our location - great - our parking free; but more importantly a happy guest that has taken the time to pass this information onto future potential guests - thank you!
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

After reading some bad reviews on this site I was very concerned as to how our stay would go. But as we were attending a workshop just down the road it was just too convenient to pass up. Upon arriving we were pleasantly surprised. The foyer was clean and we loved the giant chandelier!! Staff were friendly and efficient. Warning about the lift though- it drops slightly when you walk in - scared me half to death the first time!! My room was quite spacious, clean and nice smelling. The bathroom was a good size and clean. My bed was soooo comfy as was also my colleague's beds. Had a wonderful nights sleep. I was disappointed that I was only staying for the one night! I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. :)

Room Tip: Stayed in a Queen bed room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi - we know it has been a while since you reviewed us, however didn't want to let the opportunity to touch base and say thank you to pass by.

We think it is great that your experience with us was all that you wanted and you have taken the time to pass this information onto other potential guests on our behalf.

This information goes a long way in our efforts to continually improve our guest's experience - so thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Diana Plaza Hotel when you are next in Brisbane.
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is not in a bad location to reach the exhibition and conference centre. The service was friendly enough. The breakfast was fine, fairly generous though not that tasty. The room (and common areas) are dated, and need a refresh. But even with the busy road outside, I slept well and found it comfortable (except for the crappy clock which kept resetting and I had to finally just unplug). The gym in the shopping mall, with an entrance of $10, is sufficient, and I thought the Korean Baths were interesting. You shouldn't have high expectations for it, but it is in the style of Korean Baths, I had a quite good massage with Andreas with a reasonable price. Still, the overall feel to the hotel is just average. For the $170 rate that I got a night, compared to other cities and hotels, it's really bad value... but I don't know what other hotels are like in Brisbane to compare.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Diana Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!