“wow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NEXT Hotel Brisbane

You added NEXT Hotel Brisbane to your Saves list
NEXT Hotel Brisbane
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Queen Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly Chifley at Lennons Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Noosa, Australia
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

What a great hotel from the first step into this hotel u can see class. Reception staff where wonderful on check-in. In the lift on the way to my room walk in door wow all new and very well done. I am always weary about hotels in Brisbane that have been renovated the bathrooms are usually untouched not this place all new. Love the Samsung 5 that works the tv air con and lights. Beds are to die for and the mini bar u get 4 free items. I was on floor with 22 and had great views of the river and was lucky enough to see Christmas fire works at south bank from my room. Hotel could not be in a better position. Highly recommend this hotel and I usually stay at the Hilton or the Sofitel when in Brisbane. Definitely worth trying

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My partner and I live in Brisbane but we stayed at Next Hotel Brisbane recently to celebrate her birthday. We were aware that our parking options were either a) Valet parking @ AUD45 per day or, as advertised on the hotel's website, b) Myer Centre parking. Those unfamiliar with Brisbane and the Myer Centre Carpark might be somewhat put off by that option or a bit confused about getting to the hotel from the Myer Centre Carpark. It's actually pretty easy but it's one of those things that is straightforward once you've done it.

We parked the car overnight at my partner's workplace in the city. We had considered catching a public bus, but as we planned to do some shopping, decided to drive the car. Those arriving from the airport or other similar port into Brisbane may well arrive by taxi which would negate the need to park. Incidentally, on the hotel's website, parking options can be found under 'We're Here' which wasn't all that intuitive to find for me.

The hotel's signage could be better out front. There's a sign, but it's situated quite high up and is flat against the side of the building as I recall - one jutting out at right angles from the building would help those arriving on the Queen St Mall side. We had downloaded the hotel's app and checked in prior to arriving. We also 'checked in' at the hotel's reception desk which was fortuitous, as we were upgraded to a Deluxe room on the Queen St side on a much higher floor.

The room, I must say, was lovely - very smart and new. Decor was modern and fresh. The 4 'free' minibar items were welcome, as was the Nespresso machine for pod coffee. The bathroom was open and accessible on two sides, but each had a sliding door for privacy if required. The bed was very comfortable. It was very quiet around us and we slept well. The air con was down pretty low and if we left the room and returned, seemed to reset at a low 22 deg. I expect that could be changed easily enough. No complaints about the room.. oh, other than Airplay (connecting my iPhone 6 plus to the Apple TV), which dropped out all the time and was of no use because of it. Other than that, the smartphone-as-a-room-controller worked well.

Prior to our stay, we had planned to spend some time around the pool enjoying a drink but the weather was overcast and slightly windy, so not very inviting to spend time at the pool. I read another review from the same day and that person complained that the pool area was closed for a private function. I'd have been annoyed too if we'd wanted to go to the pool and were unable to.

We did go to that bar for a drink later. There was a private function taking up part of the area, but the friendly bar staff didn't seem bothered and served us, so that was good.

We dined in the hotel's Lennons Restaurant. The food was very good. Prices were about right for a decent restaurant. We had a modestly priced bottle of red wine, entrees each (x 2), a main course for 2 (tasty slow-cooked Lamb Shoulder - designed as a portion for 2 people) with 3 sides and 1 dessert between us and it cost about AUD170.

Overall - great stay, comfortable and modern room with nice extra touches (mini bar 'freebies' and two complimentary drinks at the bar), slight issue with access but not so bad with a bit of homework in advance of your stay. Good in-house dining option, but plenty of restaurants around. The casino is a 1min walk away for those who indulge and Southbank is a pleasant walk away (c. 10min) across the Brisbane River.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Excellent location. Friendly & polite staff. Very nice rooms, my wife LOVED the bathroom. Comfortable beds. I loved the technology used in the rooms. Food and service at Lennons Restaurant was excellent. We look forward to stayed there again.

Glass House Mountains, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was sent to your hotel by Qantas as our plane was cancelled till the
next morning, when I went to have a shower the water was cold, both
at night and the next morning when i tried again.. not very happy

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was attending a work function in Brisbane and had booked into another hotel, just for the night, so I didn't have to drive back to the Gold Coast but the day before I was to stay Brisbane had its worst storm in 30 years. I received a call to say that due to storm damage to the hotel i had booked I was being relocated to this hotel. I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised to find myself in an extremely modern very recently renovated hotel in the heart of the city. Some of the new technology was still experiencing some glitches. When I went to check out the automatic system told me that I hadn't supplied a credit card. It told the woman in front of me the same thing. The actual person I ended up dealing with also told me the same thing, which I found amusing,. How many hotels can you check into without supplying a credit card? Apart from that I enjoyed the room and wish that I had a bit more time to spend. It was in what appeared to be a brilliant position. If you are driving make sure you do your research and find out exactly where you need to go. As it was all a bit last minute and I ended up arriving right in peak hour I had a terrible time finding where I was supposed to go for the valet parking.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed one night for business and had a top floor room. The room was very well appointed and a very nice design and I will most certainly stay again. I ordered room service and found the meal (fish) to be OK but not particularly special. Everything else was excellent though and the service was really good. What is particularly nice is that you can actually have a water from the fridge and not get charged. Its the small things the often make the difference such as the water and a range of free movies.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked the wheelchair accessible room, as my husband is in a wheelchair, the bathroom is excellent, very spacious, easily assessed and very well designed. Would give it a 10 out of 10 score. The room, just a little small, but workable, and the shower could have had a little more pressure.
The Concierge was absolutely excellent, anything I asked for he was immediately there to help, nothing was a bother. The "Next" is absolutely wheelchair friendly and it was a pleasure to stay there.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to NEXT Hotel Brisbane? Share your experiences!