“Wonderful rooms with lots of character” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Treasury Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Treasury Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Treasury Hotel & Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 William Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4001, Australia   |
Special Price
Stay 1 Save 10%
Ranked #25 of 161 hotels in Brisbane
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful rooms with lots of character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Spent a delightful weekend at the Treasury recently. High ceilings (wow, must be 4 metres) beautiful molding and panelling, tasteful furniture, lovely marble bathroom. We felt like we were walking into absolute luxury. Comfortable bed with very nice sheets. Wonderful staff, all smiles and ready to help. We were there Saturday and Sunday nights, and had no noise issues. Our room was in the hotel not the casino, and faced William St. Great location, short stroll to Queen St Mall, easy walk to South Bank. A really excellent spot to stay in Brisbane.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DutyManagerTreasury, Front Office Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is very satisfying to read your feedback. We strive to provide all of our guests with fantastic accommodation while they are travelling for business or pleasure. We are very lucky and proud to have such a beautiful and unique building.

Thank you again for staying with us and posting a review of your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

331 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Guttenberg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was very nice too. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They even sent us a bottle of champagne because we were on our honeymoon! I would recommend this hotel to anyone busting Brisbane!

• Stayed December 2012
DutyManagerTreasury, Front Office Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Traesury Casino and Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read such positive comments about our facilites and team members. We are thrilled to know our efforts are recognised and appreciated.

Thank you again for staying with us and posting a review of your visit and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future.
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and the bed oh so comfortable... which was lovely since we were jet lagged and excited to splurge for a few nights to stay at a 5 star hotel.
Our room had large glass doors that looked down on a large gathering room on the main floor of the hotel. To our surprise, the hotel was holding a large gathering that evening in that room, a fashion show... we got in around 9:00pm and were about ready to turn in. It was SO LOUD in our room, I could not even believe it... I called down to the lobby to see if the event was about done or to see if we could change rooms. The staff, although polite, was quick to dismiss my complaint and asked me to call back in 20 minutes if the noise hadn't subdued. It had not changed so I went down to the lobby in person to voice my complaint and was expecting some sort of action. After being told again that the event was about to end and told to come back later if it hadn't changed, I was angry and insulted so I just went back to my room to stop myself from being rude... the event went on until 11:30 pm which is just ridiculous! When you are paying a fair amount of money to stay in a lovely hotel, you would expect to live in the luxury promised and to spend your evening as you please... not to depend on the incredible amount of noise coming from the actual hotel itself (obviously if it was street noise there is not much you can do about it). Anyway, to end on a good note, it was very practical to be in that great location. Close to the train station and very walkable to many shops and restaurants. All in all, the problem here is one of value... although this place is grand and lovely, in my opinion it is not worth the price at all, I would chose somewhere else next time!

Room Tip: I can't stress this enough - ask for a room that is not overlooking the indoor courtyard!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
I was disheartened to read that your stay was spoiled by a noise disruption. Please accept our apologies for this occasion. In saying this we do firmly believe that all feedback assists us to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence going forward. I also wanted to let you know that I have discussed your feedback with our Hotel Manager who also wanted me to pass on her apology and please rest assured that your profile has been updated in our computer system with your preferred choice of a quiet room for all future stays with us.
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I love a property with character and this property has it in spades. I stayed in the actual hotel, not the rooms at the Casino, which I expect would be affected by the casino noise. I've never seen higher ceilings. My room as lacking nothing. The room as clean, the staff friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Ensure you stay in the hotel, not the rooms at the casino.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
We are delighted to hear your recent stay with us was so enjoyable and we thank you for taking the time to provide this review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treasury Casino and Hotel in the future
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I honestly can't believe I stayed in the same hotel and some of the other reviewers.
I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and this is the WORST hotel I have ever experienced for NOISE DISTURBANCE.
The surrounding noise from pubs and bars is clearly audible in the rooms and goes on until 2AM.
I've never asked for a room change in my life but had to move 3 TIMES because of noise.
All rooms were as bad as each other, phoned night manager 3 times each time being told it will "stop soon". Finally they supplied me with earplugs as a resolution.
My advice is DO NOT STAY HERE if you are sensitive to noise, particularly late at night.
I wrote to BOTH my travel agent AND the hotel direct with not a word of response from them.
A very bad experience, will never stay here again nor recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DutyManagerTreasury, Front Office Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I was disheartened to read that your stay was a little spoiled by apparent noise disruption from the surounding entertainment venues and please accept our apologies for this occasion. In saying this we do firmly believe that all feedback assists us to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence going forward. I also wanted to let you know that I have discussed your feedback with our Hotel Manager who also wanted me to pass on his apology and please rest assured that your file has been updated in our computer system with your preferred choice of a quiet room for all future stays with us.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and we really liked the large room with a fireplace and tall ceilings.
We found access to the car park very difficult - both driving in and out and getting from the car park to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DutyManagerTreasury, Manager at Treasury Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for coming to stay with us here at Treasury Casino and Hotel, and for posting your review on TripAdvisor on our Hotel.

We are pleased you positively reviewed many aspects of your stay, however, do sincerely regret your disappointment with our car park

Been to Treasury Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!