“Cuddling a koala was amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$56*
and up
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Admission with Brisbane...
Ranked #2 of 131 Attractions in Brisbane
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Interact with the animals and enjoy a beautiful landscape in the world's largest Koala sanctuary, created to preserve Australian wildlife.
Leeds, United Kingdom
92 attraction reviews
“Cuddling a koala was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been next to a koala before but never held one. I know it is illegal in some states to do this now and maybe people think its cruel but I think lone pine have it right. If the koala doesn't want to do it, they don't make them. The ones we saw seemed happy enough to get some attention and even tried to make an appearance during the presentation! Lots of other things to see and as part of the Mirimar cruise it was a lovely day out. $16 to cuddle a koala and get a photo...well worth it I thought.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Toowoomba
“School Outing Must Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Took grandkids there with the local school from Toowoomba in December 2012. Had a fantastic day. Must bring a hat and water. The staff made sure everyone held a koala and pated kangaroos. Definately time well spent with the grandkids and the school as they all thoroughly loved it. Talked about it for weeks. Well maintained and even though the kids took their own lunches food was available, so the kids spent their pocket money on other things at the cafe.

Visited December 2012
New York
40 attraction reviews
“A Must Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is the must do place in Brisbane. I have never seen so many koalas so close anywhere. Take the requisite photo and enjoy holding one of these cute animals. The Sanctuary is well kept, offers food, a slow pace and most of all the koalas. Take the Miramar ferry to the sanctuary if you can. It was great.

Visited February 2013
Sale, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“cuddly koalas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

good choice & decision to go visit this place...i've been wanting to hold a koala & feed kangaroos, & this place made it possible for me. the only downside is the long queue when paying @ the counter, but everything's worth it. now, i've got photos to show off to rellies & friends, what a nice memento to keep!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Time well spent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a free day in Brisbane and everyone back in the states had been asking for pictures of wildlife. Since I had been in the bush for 3 weeks in a mining camp, I had nothing to show except for a few snakes and thousands of flies. The dingoes were elusive and kangaroos kept their distance.

I asked the receptionist at the hotel about Lone Pine and she said, I'm a local and I really enjoyed it. She did not mislead me. I enjoyed it immensely.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have many koalas and they are not caged. You can get as close as you like and for 16 dollars you can have photos made holding them as well as pythons and crocs. They will not rush you and will take time to answer any questions. Good people and great Aussie hospitality. There are a number of small kangaroos which you can feed, pet and interact with, as well as wombats, dingoes, emus, tasmanian devils, crocodiles, and host of animals.

I ventured down to the Brisbane River after exiting the sanctuary and noticed a number of goannas. I still had my left over kangaroo food so I tossed a little out to see if they would eat it, and suddenly I was surrounded by monitor lizards. Way cool! I took numerous pictures of the reptiles crawling around on the dock. They were quite curious and not the least bit frightened.

I am glad that I took the time to visit Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. I would not hesitate to recommend it.