“Slugged!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Slugged!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've just checked into the Marriott after battling the peak hour traffic - only to find that the car park entrance is not at the official address but in a difficult to find back street. Already cross, I was outraged to find that there's a flat overnight valet parking fee of $50 with no park-it-yourself option. It's that or park in a public car park somewhere up the road. This is a blatant rip-off! Come on guys- this hotel is in the wrong end of Brisbane - you don't even get charges like this in LA where we recently parked at the Hilton for several days at a 5 star hotel at reasonable rates in the middle of Beverley Hills!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear cartergaumOnt_11 – Here at the Brisbane Marriott we pride ourselves on great first impressions and I apologise sincerely that this was not your experience. While the main entrance of our Hotel is located on bustling Queen Street, our vehicular entrance is in the low traffic area of Howard Street. Following similar valuable feedback such as yours, we are currently reviewing our website and communication channels to ensure all of our guests are aware of this. In relation to our parking fee, I am sorry you found it to be expensive. We do endeavour to keep it as competitive as possible and we are actually the least expensive of Brisbane’s five star hotels, even though as a point of difference we also provide secure, valet parking. I am aware that you had the opportunity to address your concerns with a Hotel Manager during your stay and I do hope that the response you received was to your satisfaction. We very much look forward to welcoming you again when you may wish to consider one of our great packages that include valet parking.

Kind regards
James Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Spent a couple of nights in Brisbane on business and stayed at the Marriott. Lived up to Marriott standards. Very nice room, nice view of the river and bridge, roof top pool, and great service from all of the staff. Another wonderful aspect is that you simply walk across a back street to the river walk. From there you can stroll down to the water taxis, restaurants, and shopping. Or take a run for several miles. Would definitely be my first choice if in Brisbane again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel a lovey surprise. Overlooking River, close to
all restaurants with water views, good in house restaurant and very friend staff. The parking can be a bit xxy as there is not much availability that end of town.$50 overnight for valet
Parking. Ask for River view room. The board walk right in front. Great for early morning walk.

• Stayed February 2014
Emmen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Again, I chose marriott on a trip to a place I have never been before, and again I was not disappointed. Not saying this because I want to promote marriott, but simply because I hardly get disappointed when I use them for a stay. The reception was very good, the service at the Valed car parking perfect. The business club was a bit less then expected, choice of food and snacks could be better, and what I still cannot get my head around is the fact that I can have breakfast for free at the business club, but have to pay a surcharge if I want to eat downstairs. I mean, come on, as if I would eat 10 dollar worth more on eggs and toast. Its not the 10 dollar that bothers me, its just the principle of it after you spend good money for the executive level. ( pffff ... had to get this of my chest ) but all in all, I would come back because the hotel is very good, and I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I really think this is the best Marriott I have ever stayed in. It truly is a gem in Brisbane right on the river and within walking distance of loads of restaurants, bars and shopping as well as a free water taxi to take you to other parts on the river.

The room I had on the Executive level was spacious with King sized bed and 6 pillows. The bathroom had both a tub and walk in shower. My room had a view of the river and a bridge where the lights changed color each night. It was hot, but the AC worked great.

The staff are very friendly and attentive and the Executive Lounge had a wonderful breakfast each morning as well as evening snacks and beverages.

I paid four different rates for the four nights, but it averaged out to $251 AUS a night.

I will be staying here next time in Brisbane.

Room Tip: It's hard to beat the Executive Level.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary in December and had the best night.
We booked a river view room which included Valet Parking and Breakfast.

Check in was easy and great staff, The rooms are great and the location is close to Everything including Eagle St Pier which is a beautiful 5 minute walk along the river. All in all a great place for our anniversary.

We had a beautiful view of the Story Bridge from our room, The bed was King and as for all Marriott Hotels it was super comfortable and all in all just a great experience.

The Breakfast at the Brisbane Marriott is as good as it gets. The best Breakfast buffet around and they seem cater for most allergies. I have stayed here before and definitely will again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book the river view room. Its a must :)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed 5 nights in this Hotel in Feb 2014.
it is adjacent to the River which has many attractions- bars restaurants walks etc.
The rooms are spacious and many afford views along the River itself.
The breakfast offered a wide range of fruits and cereals and eggs were cooked to your liking.
I chose to eat out on an evening due to the wide choice available within a 5 min walk.
The river taxi close by offered visitors a chance to travel upstream & downstream to check out the sights.
The pool was on the small size but adequate and the gym was fine.

all in all a good choice hotel for your stay in Brisbane both for Leisure or Business

Room Tip: Ask for a room with river views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Brisbane Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!