“Beautiful boutique luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection

You added The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   73 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly Quality Hotel The Inchcolm)   |
Ranked #3 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Beautiful boutique luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is very recently renovated. It was very quiet during my stay. I am sure that will change very soon. The service was superb. The rooms large by modern standards. Very well located in Brisbane city. If you do not want to pay for breakfast walk out the front door and to your right about one hundred meters there are a couple of choices. It is on the corner of Turbot St so if you are giving any visitors instructions to find it. It is better if they come down Wickham Tce. The bar staff know their wines well so be careful you may stay longer than you planned.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Broadbeach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were required to park in a small loading zone in front of the hotel, and to carry our own luggage into reception, notwithstanding three staff were congregated at the entry. Our check in at reception was smooth.
We were upgraded for a Superior suite, very nicely appointed with a homy feel, bookshelves etc. The bedding, and room was very clean. Hospitality area nicely appointed.
In room internet is not provided for free, and is required to pay. For me, this is outdated. A 24 hour free internet connection is offered provided you are in the hotel lobby!
Room service was very good, although no salt and pepper and sauces were not delivered although specifically requested.
Staff at all levels, reception, bar, room service were all excellent.
Check out was easy, except for the return of the car by valet. The receptionist was required to leave her desk to pick up and return our car out front, but since all the loading docks were already occupied, it required us to load the luggage on the roadway whilst stopping traffic.
Overall, 4 stars with an opportunity to reach 5 stars with corrective measures, if possible, for the parking, luggage service, and attention to room service requests.

Room Tip: Preferably arrive by taxi since valet service vert difficult given loading dock availability out fro...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Inchcolm73, General Manager at The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear AussieAloha,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the TA forum, we greatly appreciate it!

I'm surprised and disappointed that the three staff at the entrance didn't offer to help with your bags. I will definitely pass this on to the team to ensure all departments are offering help to our guests when they arrive.

I'd like to apologise for the oversight with the salt, pepper and sauce with room service; unfortunately mistakes can sometimes happen but we are always quick to help and we all try our hardest to make our guests as comfortable as possible.

We provide complimentary internet in every room as well as the public areas. To log in you select "Inchcolm Hotel" and go through the sign in process via your web browser. If you're having trouble at any time there is always hotel information available on the in-room iPad or else reception would love to help you!

As the hotel is on a public road without a hotel drive-way, it does mean that we have to utilise the loading bay directly out the front of the hotel. If needed, reception can always take the luggage down to the garage and load it in the car first, before bringing your car out the front. Our talented reception team operate as both our valet service, and check-in staff (amongst a myriad of other jobs!).

I want to thank you for the time you took to let us know how your stay went, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

All the best

Port Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Inchcolm for 3 nights in a Superior Queen Bed Room. The hotel is very close to Central Station and within walking distance to Queen Street Mall. Our room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated with modern furnishings, massive wall TV and comfortable bed and pillows. The bathroom is a good size, very modern and equipped with all the essentials, good hairdryer, lovely toiletries. The only problem with the bathroom is the shower recess only has a single pane of glass (great for cleaning) but is impractical as water splashed all over the floor and the bathmat was saturated each time we showered. Also, the tap above the vanity is positioned too high above the sink, which again, causes water to splash over the floor. The bathroom bench is a little too narrow making it difficult to place your toiletries bag etc. However, the towels were large, white and fluffy. It was my birthday on arrival and I was greeted warmly with a "happy birthday". When we entered our room there was a happy birthday message written on the full length mirror and a bottle of bubbly in the fridge with pink and white balloons attached. A really lovely touch. The full breakfast was included in our package and was never a disappointment. As well as the continental breakfast we were able to order off the menu. Good choices which were both large and delicious. We really didn't need lunch during our stay as the large breakfast servings carried us through till late afternoon. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel at all but did partake of a few drinks at the bar which was a nice little area with good choices. The staff are all very friendly and welcoming but in particular Victoria on reception was very efficient, knowledgeable and friendly and Tara in the breakfast dining room, always very friendly and helpful. The Inchcolm is a lovely boutique hotel and we would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had Room 111 which, although on a lower level, was comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Inchcolm73, General Manager at The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi there Mazjoy,

Thank you so much for your review! It's great to see that you enjoyed your time with us and the staff made you feel at home.

I'm happy to let you know that we do have some rooms with extra bench space in the bathroom; should you return to stay with us, we can certainly look at allocating one of these rooms to you. During our recent renovations, they took in to account the current bathroom trends as well as allowing for space. This resulted in some of the bathrooms having a single pane of glass; however our one bedroom suites have a great layout with a shower door (if the open plan isn't your style) and are a bit more roomier than some of our other bathrooms!

Being a heritage listed building, sometimes were a bit restricted in how much we can change with the layout of the rooms but we always try and make the best of the space.

It's so lovely to hear that Victoria & Tara provided you with such great customer service. It's wonderful when staff are mentioned and it gives us the chance to recognise their efforts!

Hopefully you are able to come back and we can show you a couple of different room types and make sure that we assign the best room for you!

All the best

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place can easily qualify for a 5 stars boutique hotel if they didn't miss the following;
- On my arrival my bookings had issues - I received a call a week prior to my arrival to advise they're expecting me and if I had any special request. I thought this was a very nice touch, but then on my arrival they had issues with my booking and had to call Accor which was sorted - should this not have been noted prior to my arrival and rectified before hand when I received a call a week ago to say they look forward to welcoming me?!
- I stayed 3 nights, and going in and out on a daily basis, each day I had to tell the front desk that my door was left ajar (this is due to the new carpets and the door was caught after service was done) Luckily nothing was stolen as I've reiterated to front desk each time!
- First breakfast they didn't have me on the list, and the waitress that was working that morning was outright rude and unhelpful where she ask me to go check with reception if I have further questions (did not note her name, but was with a tattoo on her forearm). Once again, hotel had incorrect info and was sorted and thank goodness this waitress was not on duty for the remainder of my stay!
- I don't understand how a continental breakfast does not include the basic tea & coffee, and this is at $19 already?!
Some staff were great, but some differs significantly and requires further admin and customer service training. Should this be focused then this hotel would be one of the best in Brisbane thus far as rooms are fantastic and very comfortable!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Good morning ComfyGourmetSeeker,

I really appreciate you taking the time to fill us in on how your stay went.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the issues that you experience during your stay with us. Rest assured that I have followed up your points of concern with housekeeping, front office and food and beverage.

The points that you have raised enables us to look at our procedures to ensure that it provides our guests with a seamless stay that is punctuated with great customer service. We will certainly endeavour to fix our confirmation call procedure and hopefully we can rectify any errors before arrival and with minimal intrusion to our guests.

Housekeeping have been advised regarding doors, once rooms have been serviced. This will now be triple checked by all staff who enter a guests room, whether it be for service, minibar etc.

I wanted to thank you for your detailed feedback, it truly does help us and will provide us with the platform to perform better.

Thank you and we wish you all the best

Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked in yesterday night....nice room and ambience but poor quality of service and breakfast.
Feeling disappointed with the slow response and policies of hotel which r not clear.....quite confusing for a first time visitor.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear PCHADHA123456,

Thank you for taking the time to put in a review and voice your concerns. I was sad to see that you posted your review before we had a chance to address any issues you experienced.

After speaking with you, I understand that hotel policies can be confusing and we can make every effort to make them readily available for you and other guests. I noted your concern with your room not being serviced. This is certainly done daily and we make every effort to do this whilst our guests are out enjoying Brisbane. On this occasion, you had locked the room from the inside. For our guests privacy, we do not enter a room that has been locked until we know a guest has checked out.

I'm glad that we were able to get that service done for you that day (albeit a little late) but I can understand how frustrating it is to come home to a messy room!

You had also mentioned that you were disappointed with the slow response of our team; this is something that I never want to happen! Our guests' well-being is of the utmost importance and we only ever crave for our guests to be happy. I apologise if this isn't the way you felt.

You had a couple of concerns with breakfast; the breakfast that is included is a continental buffet breakfast and you had requested eggs. We can certainly offer this as an extra, or a hot meal if you wish! We always offer all of our guests the choice of the continental buffet or upgrading to the a la carte option. However, we unfortunately do not include eggs in the continental buffet.

Mr Chadha, thank you for staying with us and I hope by the time you checked out, everything was going well! I trust the rest of your travels around Australia's east coast will be memorable.

I wish you all the best

The General Manager & The New Inchcolm team

Been to The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection

Address: 73 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly Quality Hotel The Inchcolm)
Location: Australia > Queensland > Brisbane
#3 Luxury Hotel in Brisbane
#4 Romantic Hotel in Brisbane
#4 Business Hotel in Brisbane
Hotel Class:5 star — The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection 5*
Come and Indulge your curiosity The New Inchcolm Hotel and Suites is a true boutique hotel of impeccable style and clandestine character. Our intriguing and rich heritage takes guests on a path of discovery, while our modern elegance offers a new level of comfort and thoughtful luxury. Elegantly crafted rooms and lofts, a casual yet sophisticated restaurant and glamorous bar, stately meeting and function rooms, a perfect location - The New Inchcolm has it all. But it's our seamless service and touch of cheeky charm that makes our hotel more than just a place to stay or visit. The New Inchcolm Hotel and Suites is a destination to experience. Distinctly boutique. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Brisbane
Quality Hotel Brisbane

If you own or manage The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane - MGallery Collection, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.