“Beautiful anbience, amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Redcliffe, Australia
“Beautiful anbience, amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friend and I went to Room with Roses today for lunch.
I didn't book , but as it was exhibition week, it wasn't too busy.
We both had Chicken and mushroom crepes with a lovely salad, I have never tasted anything so divine, crepes were so lovely and light.
Then of coarse we couldn't resist dessert. Rich egg custard tarts with ice cream and fresh berries, I died and went to gourmet heaven.
We were both very good though, and were careful of our calorie intake, so had equal in our coffee !!!!!!
Thank you so much for a most beautiful lunch
Beth and Ann

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Paradise Point, Australia
“Pretty and cute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was looking for a place that offered "High Tea" in Brisbane and Room with Roses came highly recommended. Unfortunately, we were too late for the high tea (they offer it 9-11 am and 1-3 pm), so we decided to just have some tea and cake. The tea was beautiful (lose leaf tea of high quality, great variety to choose from), the cakes were lovely and the service was fantastic. Even though we were just a few minutes before they were closing, we still were served and we didn't even realize they were closing until we paid (we stayed about 30 minutes after the closing time).

It has a lovely atmosphere; located away from the crowds but still right at the city centre (Queen Street Mall).

We will be definitely back for the full "High Tea" experience!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“A charming teahouse without peer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you want to go to a traditional teahouse like they used to be, this is it. Delightful, charming and well located in the city but upstairs in an arcade, so it is quiet and relaxed. The hostess is welcoming and the food is perfect. A special place to take your mother or grandmother.

Visited April 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Simply divine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I felt like a girly lunch for my birthday and I was wrapped with Room with Roses. I'd read some not so nice reviews, but I wanted to see for myself. The décor is beautiful and this is a place I'm sure my Grandma would have taken me when I was a little girl, if she had have known about it. We were a party of 5 (4 adults and my 3 year old niece). I had the chicken curry - I got tingles in the back of my jaw the flavours were so amazing. My fellow lunch goers had the Barramundi and said it was beautiful too. Dessert was a chocolate heaven cake - what else on one's birthday?! as well as a latte (very nice, but could have been hotter). My niece was with us who is a very well behaved little girl. She was fussed over with a very special chicken and tomato sandwich, soda water and petite fours for dessert. Our waitress whose name I did not get unfortunately was absolutely brilliant and couldn't do enough for us, especially for my niece, which put a smile on all our faces. If you have children who don't behave when you eat out, this is not the place for you or them. It reminded me of what I can remember of the good old days and is a little bit posh with fresh roses on every table and good old fashioned service and atmosphere. Thank you Room with Roses. We will be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“A touch of class in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I recently had a delightful morning tea at Room With Roses, a very pleasant period café in the Brisbane Arcade, we understand to be the city's oldest shopping arcade. We were killing time between appointments in the inner city and more or less stumbled onto this place while enjoying the period ambience - polished brass, marble, etc. The 1st floor café fits in well with the arcade's historical theme and gives one a sense of what Brisbane may have been like a century ago. Uniformed staff were well presented and very pleasant. Décor included a lovely vase of roses on our table. Some mature ladies nearby were enjoying a high tea. This café is probably more suited to an older generation rather than young Mums with a team of restless kids in tow. It is a very pleasant place for a couple of mature adults wanting a nice coffee break in sophisticated surroundings. The coffee was excellent and the desserts we chose were wonderful.

• Visited May 2013