“Great Ambience and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Ambience and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The ambience of Bistro Arlette is wonderful and the service terrific. The staff are attentive, professional and welcoming. The food is good but not great. I have been several times, I always get the duck and mushroom pie 9 out of 10 every time. Make it bigger and offer as a main with mash and Dutch carrots and they would have a winner! I chose badly 2 times when I have ordered mains with red wine sauces as the reduction is over sweet. The desserts ok. Would I recommend this lovely bistro to my best friend absolutely! Overall it is a winner and the prices are terrific! I've been in a group terrific fun, and just with my husband for a romantic dinner - lovely.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
“A rare Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We arrived and were welcomed with a genuine warm smile! Believe it or not, a rare thing these days? Having a little understanding of French food, and a good look at the menu beforehand my mind was made, and despite the young waiters colourful explanation of the daily specials i stayed true to course. My partner had the soup A+, my in-laws shared the escargot (which they loved) and My pate was superb!

For mains, we had 2 beef bourguignon, the pork belly and i had the Cassoulet. Beautifully French!! Simple honest food, cooked they way it should be.

Thank you for a wonderful eve!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“A wonderful French Bistro in New Farm, Brisbane”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I dined at Bistro Arlette last Saturday evening. We didn't have a reservation however we were warmly received by the vibrant female maître d' . Our charming waiter of Indian origin explained each dish slowly including the ‘specials” of the day. I skipped entree and had the homemade slow cooked duck and mushroom pie served on onion puree ($17.90)and a side of French beans with almond butter sauce ($8.00). My husband chose an entree of pan seared quail on du puy lentils ($17.90) and for main the traditional style cassoulet $32.00). We shared the French favourite Creme Brulee ($10.90). The total cost - $131.70.
The dining experience was somewhat spoilt by the female waitress who plonked our plates on the table without a word.
The food is very good, the wine selection acceptable but the standout favourite is the exceptional maître. We look forward to dining again at Bistro Arlette in the near future.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Amazing food and exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I shouldnt be reviewing this place because I want to keep it all for myself!!
I went here for a friends birthday dinner last night and I was completely blown away by the atmosphere, customer service and food.
I had the prawns for my entree which were cooked to perfection and divine. My next course was the duck pie (another entree). This was a little disappointing as I was expecting melt in your mouth slow cooked pieces of duck but was a little surprised to bite into mince... Nevertheless, it was still nice.
Dessert was the showstopper with the most amazing creme brûlée I have ever eaten. Everyone in our group raved about their meals too. Throughout the evening our glasses were never empty and the wait staff were both friendly and professional.
In would highly recommend this place for a romantic dinner or just a great sampler of quality French cuisine.

“Special dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

What can I say? Our experience certainly was consistent with what I'd heard about this place. The escargot were divine. As was the cassoulet and creme brûlée. Our waiter even decanted the red wine we brought. It's a lovely addition to the French dining scene. Will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food